V11 no clutch/stall.

guido

Guest ratchethack

A backed out clutch plate bolt will feel like a seized engine. If it will turn a bit in gear going backward, that would be a pretty good indication for that problem.

Carl, woudn't this make a bit of a hellish racket on it's way out? :o

Voice of experience?! :doh:

Nothing to be found in the engine. Small chips of alu evident around the starter ring gear. I think there might be a problem behind the engine, most likely clutch related.

Might well be a loose bolt as suggested. And no, I didn't hear a thing.

I guess there are no easy ways to get at the b**** thing?

It's not too bad to get at the clutch. Pete Roper has written numerous treaties on how to crab the frame. I also found this description by Mike C on the Guzzitech site.

Check Guzzitech.com and Guzzitech.dk both have lots of good info.

I do hope you find the problem easily.

Now it is apart. this is what I found. No bolt is loose, Whole plate seems to be too far back from engine.

I will study closer now, any ideas?67210010.jpg67210011.jpg The silver circle is where three bolts from the flywheel have touched the box

Now it is apart. this is what I found. No bolt is loose, Whole plate seems to be too far back from engine.

I will study closer now, any ideas?67210010.jpg67210011.jpg The silver circle is where three bolts from the flywheel have touched the box

Looks like you might have a broken crank. Especially if the clutch has been so "wobbly" as for only three bolt heads to be touching. If you're lucky, it's not that. Slightly less lucky and it's broken at the journal, so only the crank needs replacing. Very unlucky means that it's broken at a web and puched the back wall of the case out.

Fingers crossed.

m

Put the allen key to the bols.they were ALL loose. Seems as if the guy who had it apart did not have an alignment tool and left the stuff loose to align the plates. Forgot to tighten. Voila.

Very little damage done as far as I can tell.