It's obvious these poor women have had their ass beat within an inch of their lives by their islamofacist husbands, who take the "wife beating instruction" in the Quran literally. Sad. Really sad.

The level of ignorance portrayed in many of these posts is even more sad.

It's funny how US and UK have supported extreme muslem groups from the Talaban in bringing down the goverment of Najibullah in Afghanistan to the the Kings of Saudi Arabia. What is considered to be our national interest often comes back to bite us on the ass. US, Israel and UK have totally screwed up this time. The extremist groups get more fanatical, injustices give them support from the international community and they will outbreed us. Pity some support for change could not have been given to Iraq and Syria where for a time women were better placed in their societies. Now sharia law is sweeping across even the most moderate countries. There are just going to be too many people to bomb into submission - there must be another way.

:(

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nogbad

If we can indeed consider Newton's Third Law of Motion a metaphor for human behavior, then the use of military actions is likely to only produce further escalation. Skinner described human behavior as the sum of consequences, and history of rewards and punishments. His premise remains solid, but methodology must consider single-case vs. collective reaction in a region well known for its factionalism...

It might benefit foreign policy makers greatly to consult historians when dealing with a region that has significantly more history and tradition than any other... Failure to consider historical factors just seems to make matters worse.

:doh:

Well, this addiction to prohibition, big government and nanny statism we seem to have is part of the problem. To the unwinnable war on drugs, the US has now added the unwinnable "War on Terror".

The answer, however unpalatable it may be to social do-gooders and raving moral neo-cons alike, is to legalise drugs, tax and regulate their sale and put the proceeds into public education. If some people want to blow their brains out with drugs, fair play, it should be a free world. The truth is, plenty people do it anyway regardless of the efforts of the police and intelligence agencies. I doubt whether a significant number more will bother if it's legal.

. The extremist groups get more fanatical, injustices give them support from the international community and they will outbreed us. Pity some support for change could not have been given to Iraq and Syria where for a time women were better placed in their societies.

:(

Interesting point , well, all that's happening simply cause of the unchangable law that says : Violence brings violence.

Who can expect that after such conditions the extremists won't become more,as well as more fanatic ?

The answer, however unpalatable it may be to social do-gooders and raving moral neo-cons alike, is to legalise drugs, tax and regulate their sale and put the proceeds into public education. If some people want to blow their brains out with drugs, fair play, it should be a free world. The truth is, plenty people do it anyway regardless of the efforts of the police and intelligence agencies. I doubt whether a significant number more will bother if it's legal.

I basically agree with you here, but the initial problem is going to be, IMO, a sharp rise in use and distribution until the novelty wears off. And the problem there is that you're probably going to have a lot of kids get hooked as a result of the initial legalization who may or may not have otherwise gotten involved. From a pragmatic standpoint, though, the hell with it- in the end, it may be for the best.

I've also thought this is a good way to deal with gun control here as well- as who's going to try and rob/rape/cheat anyone if they know going in they may have a weapon? But then, that was the way of things in early America's west, and the problem is that this only works if everyone is basically, well, sane. I've had some ex-girlfriends who in no way should ever have a gun. *shivers at thought*

The problem with all of this is human nature has too many variables to make it worht the risk. :huh2:

As a side note, I fully believe that everyone needs, on occasion, to sit down and smoke a little pot. :)

And I'm not getting rid of my guns.

Well, this addiction to prohibition, big government and nanny statism we seem to have is part of the problem. To the unwinnable war on drugs, the US has now added the unwinnable "War on Terror".

:rasta:

Wow man, it is like an inconvenient truth.

The answer, however unpalatable it may be for our consumption oriented and our armageddon nudging christians alike, is to increase the tax on oil, and put the proceeds into alternative fuels and being as financially benevolent to muslims as we are to jews. If some people want to blow muslim brains out with munitions, don't let them, it should be a peaceful world. The truth is plenty of people want peace anyway, regardless of the efforts of media, thugs and power brokers. I doubt they'll continue their hatred if we aren't so dependent on oil.

Italian women eating pasta movie

:2c: i totally agree nogs. prohabition has never worked ! what is this bullshit democracy when one can be severely penalised for simply riding ones motorbike at speed which one is quite confident with and very well experienced with. those who choose to do this pissed or stoned or inexerienced become mere statistics and soon forgoten as such. i for one am sick and tired of being told that it is for the benefit of all. the last time i was nearly wasted was by a dear old lady in a 50 kmh zone, just as well i was on the ball returning from a ride where at times was over 180kmph but encountered danger in a 50 zone. i say legalise all. after all heroin has never been a problem for me. :bier:

Guest Nogbad

:rasta:

Wow man, it is like an inconvenient truth.

The answer, however unpalatable it may be for our consumption oriented and our armageddon nudging christians alike, is to increase the tax on oil, and put the proceeds into alternative fuels and being as financially benevolent to muslims as we are to jews. If some people want to blow muslim brains out with munitions, don't let them, it should be a peaceful world. The truth is plenty of people want peace anyway, regardless of the efforts of media, thugs and power brokers. I doubt they'll continue their hatred if we aren't so dependent on oil.

Italian women eating pasta movie

You are quite right about a significant "oil" factor. You are also right about the need to be seen to be even handed. However, oil isn't the only problem here. There are a lot of people full of irrational religious fanaticism both in the middle east and in the Bush white house. Oil is maybe an excuse to prosecute wars based on religious prejudice, and I'm sure the converse is also true.

Sure enough, if we were less dependent on oil, there would be the option to let the Jews and muslims go to it and may the best man win as it were.

America could be self sufficient in oil if it wanted. It would just cost a lot. First you could expand exploration in the places it is hard to get to like Alaska. Then you could use expensive technology to get the last out of the existing wells in places like Texas. After that you could replace a lot of the motor fuel with coal-derived fuel using the Sasol / Fischer Tropsch process, and you could use much of the grain you currently export for bioethanol and bio diesel production. Who gives a damn if more of the world starves as a result.

It isn't so simple as blaming "big oil". I know it's your favourite bete noir, but really, big oil wouldn't exist without big industry, big transport and big population.

[quote Nogbad

It isn't so simple as blaming "big oil". I know it's your favourite bete noir, but really, big oil wouldn't exist without big industry, big transport and big population.

I think that 'Big Oil' is a very good place to start - internationally powerful, focused and influencial as Putin is about to demonstrate.

There's some little gems of truth around here.

There is no oil crisis...there's a 12mpg SUV crisis.

Which translates directly into an ego crisis. People just gotta have

thier giant V8 to drive to work alone in. Penis envy? Just pass laws that encourage

small displacement vehicles. no tax on them, high speed lanes etc.

Make it "patrotic" to be "conservitive". :P

2 Israeli soldiers were kidnaped and we're ready to go to WW III over it.

Thousands a month are being butchered and raped in Darfur and we don't lift a finger.

No oil in Darfur I guess.

Doctors can perscribe morphene like asprin but not marijuana?

Insane. This all comes from the repeal of prohibition and the G-men

needing to keep thier jobs. "The weed with roots in hell" was a government

campaign to help do just that. The only people using pot were the blacks so it

was an easy sell.

2 muslim children were killed by Kytusha rockets and we get reported thier names

what they were doing at the time and what thier uncle was doing...literally.

A couple of hundred Lebanese women and children were killed by Israeli bombs and

thats all you here. Non humans..just numbers.

Winning = killing them all because if you kill my cousin, brother, mother, father

I'm going to kill you back. This is NOT what Jesus had in mind. Or Buddah, or Ghandi

or Mohamed or the Great White Buffalo.

Build tactical nukes..save the zygot! ........Nuts

:rasta: RIGHT ON BRO...

thier giant V8 to drive to work alone in. Penis envy? Just pass laws that encourage

2 Israeli soldiers were kidnaped and we're ready to go to WW III over it.

Thousands a month are being butchered and raped in Darfur and we don't lift a finger.

No oil in Darfur I guess.

Doctors can perscribe morphene like asprin but not marijuana?

Insane. This all comes from the repeal of prohibition and the G-men

needing to keep thier jobs. "The weed with roots in hell" was a government

campaign to help do just that. The only people using pot were the blacks so it

was an easy sell.

2 muslim children were killed by Kytusha rockets and we get reported thier names

what they were doing at the time and what thier uncle was doing...literally.

A couple of hundred Lebanese women and children were killed by Israeli bombs and

thats all you here. Non humans..just numbers.

Winning = killing them all because if you kill my cousin, brother, mother, father

I'm going to kill you back. This is NOT what Jesus had in mind. Or Buddah, or Ghandi

or Mohamed or the Great White Buffalo.

Build tactical nukes..save the zygot! ........Nuts

Guest Nogbad

Problem is the US trade deficit is already huge enough and US automakers only know how to make 12 mpg monster trucks.....

It isn't so simple as blaming "the big brother won't let me smoke dope". I know it's your favourite bete noir, but really, big brother wouldn't exist without big industry, big transport and big population.

Problem is the US trade deficit is already huge enough and US automakers only know how to make 12 mpg monster trucks.....

Only to point out the technicality, most of the SUV's average around 15-17 city/22 hwy. I hate them just the same, but find humor in everyone blaming big oil/government for a problem that's fueled by poeples apparent need for big vehicles. I have plenty of cars, including a thirsty, V8 truck. But I use it for work, and I don't bitch about the gas prices. Really, the automakers have made huge strides in efficiency across the board.

Even the V11, as far as bikes go, isn't all that efficient even for it's class.

Only to point out the technicality, most of the SUV's average around 15-17 city/22 hwy. I hate them just the same, but find humor in everyone blaming big oil/government for a problem that's fueled by poeples apparent need for big vehicles. I have plenty of cars, including a thirsty, V8 truck. But I use it for work, and I don't bitch about the gas prices. Really, the automakers have made huge strides in efficiency across the board.

Even the V11, as far as bikes go, isn't all that efficient even for it's class.

thats very true, at 30mpg we're basically driving the SUV version of bikes. Harleys and beemers for the most part get 50 :huh2:

as for world afairs I could come up with a semi-intelligent answer but then I'm young and more worried about how I'm going to get a new car, job, food, Basically not secure enough to spend this much time on issues we can not influence nor change in anyway. I think in some ways idle hands are the devils play things should today be changed to idle minds, The more money and less you have to do(for work) seems like the ppl that speak up the most, even if they don't know anything. I say head down shoulder to the wheel make whats around you better and f the world(I know impossible), I miss pre pearl harbor USA. they were simpiler times :huh2:

Guest Nogbad

My Buell easily betters 50mpg. On a long trip I have had 60 out of it if the amount of hooligan overtaking is limited.

The V11 feels faster in a straight line though. I KNOW the V11 technically makes a less power by about 10 bhp and it's heavier, but when you launch the V11 in anger the power just carries on building until you have to change up.

It may have something to do with the way the V11 smooths out as the revs rise, whereas on the Firebolt the vibration becomes more pronounced with increasing revs. Probably to do with tuning of the isolation system.

It isn't so simple as blaming "the big brother won't let me smoke dope". I know it's your favourite bete noir, but really, big brother wouldn't exist without big industry, big transport and big population.

:thumbsup::grin::grin: An excellent riposte I have to say! ....RESPECT IS DUE!