I bought a gun to prepare for WW3

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only purpose of a gun is to kill living things apart from plants but there could be an argument there (hopefully)

Functioning as designed, in my book.

The intended target being a snake, a deer. a possum or an armadillo.

Or a paper target, or a milk jug, or a can filled with water.

Or an intruder. A burglar, a thief.

Or a crackhead.

A .357 Magnum barrel in your face can serve as a highly effective deterrent to

anti-social behavior.

I have this on good authority.

A machine/ tool performing as designed.

Guzzi-like, even :mg:

The only purpose of a gun is to kill living things apart from plants but there could be an argument there (hopefully)

The only reason I ever shot a gun was for the fun of it :grin:

All those movies brainwashed me into thinking they are cool B)

But other things are more cool :bike: (but more deadly :unsure: )

No argument there. I am just making the distinction that a handgun in particular has no purpose except to kill people. A rifle or shotgun has an intended purpose in the killing of animals for food. In this case it functions as a tool. Filling the freezer with non-steroid, non-mad cow, non-bird flu good eatin' meat.

This is the purpose my guns serve, as they have since I was very young.

Rj

Guest Nogbad

Whilst I remain unconvinced that an armed society is a safer, more polite society, I think it is true that the gun bans in the UK have really fallen hard on the responsible law abiding hobby shooter, and not on the criminal fraternity. There is more handgun crime in the UK than ever, with rival drug gangs blowing each other's brains out every weekend in the big cities.

The bans were a knee-jerk reaction to the actions of two madmen, and a proportionate response might have been stricter licencing.

A friend of mine who used to compete in international police pistol competitions would have been forced to give up his hobby and many thousands of pounds worth of guns and equipment. Fortunately his friends in the US were able to sponsor his emigration, where he is very happy.

As always, in trying to eliminate risk, governments end up eliminating everyones' freedom instead.

On the other hand, what is the answer to such easy access to guns in the US that allows disturbed teenagers and other mentally ill people to wreak such havoc.

Aw, fer cryin' out loud. I suppose the whole and only purpose of a 135 mph motorbike is to go 135 mph every time you start the thing up.

:rolleyes: .

I do try :blush: I have very little won't power, perhaps it's a good thing I can't have a gun. It's one of the reasons I went for the V11 instead of a Blackbird

Whilst I remain unconvinced that an armed society is a safer, more polite society,

An armed but trained society can be safer. But the system doesn't want this (trained civilians on arms) cause after would be imposible for them to enforce silly laws. Instead terrorism in any form of crime will exist always in tolerance of the 'control authorities', so stupid measures can be taken to minimise lawfull citizens freedoms with the excuse of the existing crime ,ect.ect. That's so obvious.

So guns or not , if there isn't correct ejucation and training (and that goes for everything) , it's only loss of words.So it is not the what but who and how should.

I shot a tree several times with a shotgun until it fell over. I hope this helps!

Hehe , next time try with the Trail master bowie, result will be , faster. :lol:

Guest ratchethack

A .357 Magnum barrel in your face can serve as a highly effective deterrent to

anti-social behavior.

It takes a whopping vast lack of imagination for anyone not to comprehend that this simple, historically well-worn fact is the primary function of all defensive handguns.

And yet,

As so well illustrated here, there are so many who will seemingly never get it. :huh2:

Colt Peacemaker, 1870.

It takes a whopping vast lack of imagination for anyone not to comprehend that this simple, historically well-worn fact is the primary function of all defensive handguns.

And yet,

As so well illustrated here, there are so many who will seemingly never get it. :huh2:

Colt Peacemaker, 1870.

So, the primary function of the hand gun is to keep peace and stop anti-social behavior?!?

It is a wonderful thing when the holder of the gun gets to be the judge of what constitutes peace and anti-social behavior.

Too bad we can't shoot one another on this forum when people get all anti-social and non-peaceful.

Maybe we need an emoticon of a double barrelled shot gun :huh2:

gun-thumb.jpg

Guest ratchethack

It is a wonderful thing when the holder of the gun gets to be the judge of what constitutes peace and anti-social behavior.

Looks like y'er startin' to catch on, Dave. ;)

Too bad we can't shoot one another on this forum when people get all anti-social and non-peaceful.

Uh oh. Now Dave, have you been stretching out with y'er FEEEEEEEEEEEELINGS again?! :huh2:

You know that well-cultivated, burning, seething HATRED that you've been so well-conditioned to allow to take control of y'er mind and dominate y'er behavior and actions completely takes over when that happens -- exactly as y'er Politically Correct Propagandists have programmed you so effectively. . . . <_<

They've certainly done a masterful job on you. :notworthy:

But is "shooting one another" in keeping with y'er own personal philosophy for The New Utopia of y'er GROUPTHINK dreams? :huh2:

How does all the fuzzy, warm and dreamy, soft and flowery, feminized, touchy-feely, tolerant, peace loving, open and affirming garbage preached by y'er Politically Correct Propagandists fit in with you publicly expressing such hateful, intolerant, and violent aggression?!?!?

Are we FEEEEEEEELING just a little more heavily conflicted than usual today? :unsure:

My my! :o:whistle: