Rainy GP – SUNNY AND FASTEST

Talking of ferries...

I am on one to Dublin tomorrow.

Planning on taking in the Ulster GP later this week. ;)

Nige. B)

Is your holiday, by car ( I seem to remember you mentioned a visit before)? Or are you with bike?

Any other plans around the UGP?

Circumstances here are uncertain and I don't think that I'm going to attend, though if you were going by bike I could have been persuaded.

I don't suppose anyone else is going?

:race::huh2:

Well the rain is bucketing down. I guess that Ballacraine may give it a miss.

Looks pretty much the same for tomorrow. It's such a pity when that you got these conditions when you had the opportunity to attend the Ireland's oldest and the world's fastest roadrace. If you go, let us know what you thought.

At least a 130mph lap was achieved yesterday in the better weather.

John McGuinness was the first to crack it in practise.

Guy Martin (and his Yamaha) won the Dundrod 150 Superbike race with a fastest lap of 130.44mph.

Ian Hutchinson, who had a stomach bug and was physically sick, amazingly managed to lap at 130.53mph which made him the fastest rider, not only in the history of Dundrod but also in the British Isles for this figure beats anything achieved on any other road circuit.

BTW

Highlights should be on TV on Monday. Those of you in the know, know where to look. The Mid Antrim was shown last Monday and was quite spectacular.

Moto GP back on Sunday. Jolly good.

Dont get UTV here.Give us the nod if it's on BBC NI,I'm working mad hours just now and I'll get it taped.

I heard Robert Dunlop won the 125's,his two sons were second and third!!!

Nod

BBC1 around about 11pm or so. I'll try to tape it – but may not be at home myself.

Robert won and did fastest lap at 110.84mph. He's an old boy of 45 now. Michael was second. Don't know where William came in. It wasn't third: probably not there at all, maybe just on the big bike.

Raymond Porter is still going well and getting better. His best Superbike performance, finishing second. Guy Martin and Hutchinson are the other high-flyers.

EDIT

It's not in Radio Times. They definitely said 'Monday' on the tv. RT could be wrong, or it may be the following Monday. :huh2:

PS it's dry and sort of sunny at the moment (Saturday), so that's good.

Hope you made it after all, Ballacraine. The racing sounds fabulous on the radio. Furious and three-abreast up to 170, 180, 190mph round the roads.

Raymond Porter has really come on in the past while, previously nearly giving it all up after a bad crash. Sounded like a great and a super-hard front place run between him and Guy Martin for the big Superbike win, with Martin taking it.

Guy Martin became the fastest road racer in the world in this race, at over 130mph lap, so hope you saw it.

Hope you made it after all, Ballacraine. The racing sounds fabulous on the radio. Furious and three-abreast up to 170, 180, 190mph round the roads.

Raymond Porter has really come on in the past while, previously nearly giving it all up after a bad crash. Sounded like a great and a super-hard front place run between him and Guy Martin for the big Superbike win, with Martin taking it.

Guy Martin became the fastest road racer in the world in this race, at over 130mph lap, so hope you saw it.

A lap average of over 130mph? That is f***ing fast!! I read an interview with Guy Martin in a recent issue of Performance Bikes magazine and he seems to be the type of bloke who will go for it and sod the consequences.

Hope he stays in one piece.

Guy :helmet:

A lap average of over 130mph? That is f***ing fast!! I read an interview with Guy Martin in a recent issue of Performance Bikes magazine and he seems to be the type of bloke who will go for it and sod the consequences.

Hope he stays in one piece.

Guy :helmet:

See it for yourself – update on tv time: it's on Bank Holiday Monday at 10.20pm. Porter had an on-board camera so should be stunning views of Martin.

Some explanation for disappearance of Hutchinson and fading McGuinness. Seems Hutch had a stone in the radiator and lost the water and McG had a slow back puncture. A stone at 150 / 175 or so? aow!

ahem...Performance Bikes

you and your big pistons!

PS, just thinking, you can probably get Radio Ulster on your digital tv, can you? It's nearly over now: the last Supersport 600 is on, again cracking at 4 and 5 abreast. Sounds the most spectacular of the day, with loads of lead changes.

– OK, Guy Martin has just got it. That's a hat-trick today.

You could catch the last Superbike race. Maybe Guy will get a fourth?

Actually PB is remarkably Guzzi friendly these days- recently featured the MGS01 and also the Zagato Guzzi (the one in the Davida advert).

Can't listen to the radio- am taking a quick break from fitting the cat replacement pipe on my Monster. Its made by Quat D and has been a right pain in the arse to get lined up but I am nearly there!

Back to work..

Actually PB is remarkably Guzzi friendly these days- recently featured the MGS01 and also the Zagato Guzzi (the one in the Davida advert).

Can't listen to the radio- am taking a quick break from fitting the cat replacement pipe on my Monster. Its made by Quat D and has been a right pain in the arse to get lined up but I am nearly there!

Back to work..

I should have said, 'internet'. You could have heard the radio there. Local radio probably doesn't go that far on tv?

And guy Martin did get a fourth.

Anyhow, hope you got your cat-flap fixed.

IAnyhow, hope you got your cat-flap fixed.

Well its been a right pain- its a beautiful piece of metal and weighs much less than the standard pipe but as usual with these things its not a case of a simple bolt on. I've got it on there eventually with the use of some additional spacers and using some of the original fixings, not the ones included with the Quat D.

I'm still not 100% happy with the alignment of the dual Termis so will probably have to get some little brackets to make it look right.

I'm also having to cut away a strip of carbon fibre from the belly pan (must remember not to breathe it in!) because that does not fit anymore.

Sounds cataclysmic when revved hard- but still socially acceptable at low revs in town.

Guy

as usual with these things its not a case of a simple bolt on. I've got it on there eventually with the use of some additional spacers and using some of the original fixings, not the ones included with the Quat D.

Wot, no big hammer, like wot I had to use on the V.11 Quat?

Go on, bash it one. You know you want to.