Sloppage sheet payments

pete roper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mnv11

Ack!!! :vomit:

Budget for a set of big end shells if it's happened more than a couple of times but the plates are $175AU inc postage to the US of A.

Pete

Yeah, I better have one. Let me know what you need to get it here, I can pay-pal the $$ if that works.

:2c: it seems if you live down the bottom here you don't need one :huh2: is it gravity. :D

I know some people never seem to get the 'Flickering oil light of death' and I'm at a loss to know why? I can't see there being sufficient difference in the sump or pick-up manufacture. I tend to think that maybe it is down to the pressure sender's sensitivity, maybe some people just keep their oil a little bit over the full mark and that is sufficient to prevent pick-up exposure? Perhaps some people just don't ride hard enough for it to happen but I really do have no firm idea.

I think though that it has been adequately demonstrated that the pick-up can be exposed and when this happens you do get a period of time when pressure drops to zero which is NOT a good thing. Independent testing would seem to indicate that the plate cures the problem which makes me happy 'cos it proves I'm not a complete dolt :grin:

Pete

PETE ROPER! Tried emailing you - bounces it back, pm'd you too. wanted to check all UK payments were credited to your account no problems? PM me or email. Cheers, Keith :sun:

Sorry Keith! Brain still in jetlag mode. Yup, all funds etc. recieved. I'll PM you.

Pete

Oh, spoke to the plate manufacturer yesterday, since the first batch was made the material has increased in price by 80%. They did have some old stock of 1.6mm plate rather than the 2mm I was using before so we're doing the next run in that. It is still about 35% more costly than the 1st run but I'll wear that. Next run after this though will be considerably more expensive.

Pete

Ok so I've printed out everything on these little beauties, read it all and I'd like to get one. :luigi: What will the cost be to the US for zip code 60050. I can Paypal the funds as soon as I know the answer.

:mg:

Price remains the same as before for now $175AU, (Not US.) including postage.

As said elsewhere I'm currently having another batch made, I'll post as soon as they're ready.

Pete

Just a couple of quick questions...

Do you need to know the specific model and year V11 we are ordering for, or are they all the same?

and...

Would you prefer I hold off ordering one from you until the next batch is done so you can see if there is going to be an adjustment in price?

Thanks,

Doug

Pete: Believe I got the PayPal thing figgered out. Advise if otherwise. Thanks in advance for my very own sloppy sheet. Looks like my waitin' has saved a few ounces with the new, lighter weight, "racing sloppy". I'll go have another cookie......

Dennis

I have a few of Pete's plates available if someone in the US is doing the Spring get-ready-to-ride routine.

Please e-mail Todd mphcycles.com

International shipping is a PITA, so Pete sold me a few in a bulk package.

I believe Greg at MI is also carrying this fine item.

Yup, if MI and MPH still have them and you want to get moving quick they are probably your best bet. The new run should be ready in a week to 10 days but if these guys still have 'em? Buy from them. Not an issue with me, they've paid me already.

Pete