Ohlins steering damper

Wick

I would like to have an Ohlins steering damper for my Nero Corsa to replace the one that came on the bike. Probably the same unit that is on my Cafe Sport. Anybody know where to get one??

Thanks,

Wick

I have had some headshake at times on my bike in corners when the road is rough. I'm sure that there is more to be done with the setup over-all that will help mitigate this. However, I would like to have a full Ohlins package on my Nero Corsa, just like is on the Cafe.

Wick

Just wondering why you need a steering damper? Mine has always been set to minimum.

I always thought it was a waste of time having one on a Le Mans as they are so stable.

Guy :helmet:

My bike is stable too, but not when I get a full second of hang time flying through the air at 120vegliamph coming down into a near tank slapper.

It is good to avoid that type of situation, but sometimes it happens and it is good to be prepared...if you can afford it :(

My bike is stable too, but not when I get a full second of hang time flying through the air at 120vegliamph coming down into a near tank slapper.

It is good to avoid that type of situation, but sometimes it happens and it is good to be prepared...if you can afford it :(

Ummm......maybe I'm riding like a big girl's blouse!

I had a pretty crazy tank slapper a few weeks ago while riding with Todd Eagan. Wasn't the Guzzi's fault, the road at that point is pretty whacked. Also in the outside lane in the tunnel where the 10 transitions to PCH in Santa Monica, i've had my Goose shaking its head pretty badly while leaned over due to the humoungous potholes hiden in the tunnel and the damper has done its job every time so far :)

Basically British road surfaces are tremendous compared to the crap we have here in Southern California. Potholes and sectional concrete can add up to lots of hidden surprises....

so anyways maybe thats why youve never needed your steering damper Guy. might just be a better road surface where you're riding.

Basically British road surfaces are tremendous compared to the crap we have here in Southern California. Potholes and sectional concrete can add up to lots of hidden surprises....

so anyways maybe thats why youve never needed your steering damper Guy. might just be a better road surface where you're riding.

I've recently had the pleasure of riding on some roads in Southern California and there are a few interesting surfaces- and that stuff they use on the freeway which is all corrugated- that is not very nice either.

But it is bumpy as anything around here- we are talking uneven and hilly moorland roads and they are probably just as bad if not worse.

My Le Mans stays very stable though- and I am probably not riding it very hard.

Guy :helmet:

My first ever long bike ride in the UK was picking up my first "big" bike , a Honda XB500 in 1988. I had to drive down to Yorkshire from Dunfermline (north of Edinburgh). On the guys doorstep, it started to snowstorm, go figure !!

So i never ever got to experience if the roads were bumpy or not, I have ridden a lot in the Lake District though, I have family there.

The corregated sectional stuff we have here is way crap...there's just no time or bandwidth for the local authorities to close roads to fix anything. Usually my hands are numb by the time i get anywhere :)