It's WET

Guest Nogbad

If you had a new bike  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get it wet, or only ride your old V11

• No, ride the old fat Italian and pamper the American Beauty
    • Yes, it will be old soon too, just enjoy it
    • Don't ride either, water is slippery and you could die.

Should I get the Buell wet?

I keep riding the V11 in the rain because it is an old bike. However, I keep thinking about the wasted insurance etc if I never ride the Firebolt in the wet, and I hanker after trying the sticky tyres and sharp handling on rain soaked tarmac.

Answers?

I'm doing some work to my Guzzi so have been riding my Ducati to work every day whatever the weather- its filthy but I am having a hoot!!

Guy :helmet:

If I carry on like this my V11 will start to look like Martin's

I'd ride whichever worked better in the wet. They'll both be old soon 'nuff.

But I'm also the guy who shocked the salesman, when I bought my truck new, by scratching it with my key as soon as I took possesion. He says "What the hell did you do that for??" and I says "It's a truck - now I won't worry about getting my first scratch".

Rj

060701050.jpg

From the right angle with the shadows etc she still looks gorgeous. :wub:

A bit tatty around the edges, but "every old sock needs an old shoe"

We've had some grand times and there's also been times when it's not been plain sailing.

The only times I won't ride her this winter is when theres snow or a hard frost on the ground or it's my lift sharing shift. I'd take her over the car even when raining and I know the water will get in.

Yours if a different dilema. I don't have a choice of motorcycles. If you moth balled the Buell for the six months over winter You won't save a great deal on the insurance. The road tax isn't a great deal on a motorcycle anyway. There will be nice days when you'd want to ride it. Keep it ready to ride and if it gets wet thats okay, but try not to put it away wet and dirty*.

Use the Guzzi daily they like frequent use and that will help keep the water out, and you've got the Buell should she want a day off.

*There do as I say not as I do.

In my experience, Nogs, the Buell is a much better wet weather bike. Most of this is due to its lighter weight and flickability.

The stock Bridgestones on the Buell work OKAY in the wet. The Guzzi's Bridgestones make me nervous in the wet.

While the Guzzi feels supremely planted in the dry, it's not my favorite in the wet. The best in the wet? My 1988 Ducati Paso -- FWIW...

v50

In my experience, Nogs, the Buell is a much better wet weather bike. Most of this is due to its lighter weight and flickability.

The stock Bridgestones on the Buell work OKAY in the wet. The Guzzi's Bridgestones make me nervous in the wet.

While the Guzzi feels supremely planted in the dry, it's not my favorite in the wet. The best in the wet? My 1988 Ducati Paso -- FWIW...

v50

My 'bolt has D208's on it. They seem ok in the dry if a little prone to wear away quickly.....