Dark Days for Guzzi?

v50man

this kind of stuff gives me a lot more respect for the Guzzisti overseas. you guys must be The True Afficionados to endure this kind of spareparts and dealer chaos. respect! keep at it.

I just wobble 1 km up a hill, and theres a perfectly nice MG dealer right there (if you keep his hideously dirty workshop out of view). If he dont have the part, he'll call TLM or Corsaitaliana or another and no part is more than five days away. we lucky bastards. by the way: the official importer/distributor in Norway is braindead, no one deals with them.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say exactly what is going on with Guzzi USA, but the appearance is that they are purposefully and intentionally screwing all their old dealers while at the time seeking out new dealers who don’t have any history dealing with Guzzi. If that indeed is what is happening then what a lousy business tactic.

It's a different context here, but seems to be the same thing, in that the old dealer gave up, the new MG dealer has new bikes in the showroom but no experience of the bike or of Guzzi and the guys haven't even ridden them! I suggested that they make one of the bikes a 'demonstrator' and then the staff/sales/mechanic could get out on the road and see what they're like.

(Of course they have no parts either.)

So as I understand it, I should just go ahead and cross the Breva 1100 off the new bike list.

No, not at all. The situation causes frustration, as people have reported, but you may be fortunate in having a good dealer nearby who can/will help whatever the state of play. Apart from that, you might just like the bike and decide it's worth some possible extra time and extra hassle on some issues being offset by the good things, such as...well...err...mmmmmmm............check some of the other threads....

Actually, one of the reasons that the small dealer I referred to took on Guzzis, (apart from the fact they were given out free, sort of) is that he was fed-up with the way that Yamaha were treating their dealers. You can buy Yams anywhere, even supermarkets. Yamahas too. Yamaha doesn't care if their bikes are sold in sweet shops, sweat shops or proper bike shops. Allegedly. This guy's experience was that Yamaha didn't care about their dealers – so he switched to Guzzi (chuckle). Anyway, the point is once again that it's not just Guzzis and the Guzzi set-up that doesn't work perfectly.

nonsense is sense,

stupid is brilliant,

and failure is success.

hehe, excellent. I think they're onto something.

But if that nearby dealer (90 miles) gets out of the Guzzi biz, no support for my $12,000 bike. And newer owners are used to having more local support. So screw the older knowledgeable dealers at your peril MG. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a HD dealer, and so far they have treated me very well on the wifes' bike.

Hell if the local Yamaha dealer would have budged on his 05 Venture, I might be riding that instead of the LeMans.

I think I'm just pissy today, ride in was cold 40ish and the bike got 33 mpg on the last tank.

But if that nearby dealer (90 miles) gets out of the Guzzi biz, no support for my $12,000 bike. And newer owners are used to having more local support. So screw the older knowledgeable dealers at your peril MG. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a HD dealer, and so far they have treated me very well on the wifes' bike.

Hell if the local Yamaha dealer would have budged on his 05 Venture, I might be riding that instead of the LeMans.

I think I'm just pissy today, ride in was cold 40ish and the bike got 33 mpg on the last tank.

H-D seem to be investing a lot in trying to make bikes people want to own and ride, and in the last two years have tried hard to address the criticisms the press have thrown at their bikes. Even the sportsbike obsessed UK mags are saying lately the new H-Ds are actually nice to ride and a good alternative when you don't want to ride balls out all the time.

Guzzi are trying with the product, but if there is no support, and the bikes crash in value, what hope.

Well that puts me off another Guzzi, what kind of bike should I get for a backup/second? I'm thinking italian or british, I really like the MV AGUSTAS and Ducati's but both are outragous to own and I don't know about MV's parts or dealer support :huh2: it'd be Ducati for sure if their maint and insurance were a tad lower for me. But I may still look into it. I like BMW's as well. Buell is ok but kinda lacks in finish but might be fun for a flogging bike. I love the image of KTM's but dislike the inflated price tag that it comes with

Is there a marq that stands out well above the rest for parts/service/dealers that ISN'T japanese?

:huh2:

I may know a little bit about a lot of things but I don't know enough about anything to make a good decision. :homer:

Guzzi are trying with the product, but if there is no support, and the bikes crash in value, what hope.

Apart from HD there isnt many/any other manufacturer that holds a decent trade in value. you can buy a good harley IE fatboy and run it for a few years and get a good trade in or near enough your purchase price back, but even german/ jap bikes plummet. Buying american may be the thing to do for cheap biking.

Well that puts me off another Guzzi, what kind of bike should I get for a backup/second?

I would refer you to this helpful item: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=101084

as de man say:

could be the answer to guzzride phobia. no clutch/relay/fuelsuk/pinging/mpg/oil sloppage/big end failure/tingling hands/sync probs/ or anyting. just pull up ya favourite chair to this rig, put in the tt tape and relax.

yeah belfast put it into perspective for me. If I sit around worrying about parts and service all day I'll never get a chance to ride

I'll just get what I want and damn the consequences,

I hear these are badass and there's no chance someone will pummel you for riding one.

3060000000059266.JPG

:ninja:

well this is really more belfast style

3060000000059070.JPG

Well that puts me off another Guzzi, what kind of bike should I get for a backup/second? I'm thinking italian or british, I really like the MV AGUSTAS and Ducati's but both are outragous to own and I don't know about MV's parts or dealer support :huh2: it'd be Ducati for sure if their maint and insurance were a tad lower for me. But I may still look into it. I like BMW's as well. Buell is ok but kinda lacks in finish but might be fun for a flogging bike. I love the image of KTM's but dislike the inflated price tag that it comes with

Is there a marq that stands out well above the rest for parts/service/dealers that ISN'T japanese?

:huh2:

I may know a little bit about a lot of things but I don't know enough about anything to make a good decision. :homer:

The finish on my Buell isn't bad. Ok there are a few rough edges, but overall better than the V11. And it is fun to ride.

I'm pretty much decided to keep the V11 for a couple more years, and then I'm tempted to get an Electra-Glide for pootling about on with the wife.