A rush of blood to the head and here I am

Turpin Crock

I prefer the look of the V11 to the Griso.

Sorry to anyone here who has one. How does the ride compare?

Thanks for all the tips/ links/ phone numbers etc. I am going through them as much as time permits at the moment with work and all that.

I got a good response too by posting in the wanted section of the classifieds here and will be going to see a few bikes in the next week.

I would appreciate if anyone spots anything good if they continue to post here or PM me. I'll follow every lead.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done it. I went back and renegotiated the deal on the V11 I first started this thread with.

I am picking her up on Monday. I am as excited as a kid at Christmas.

It'll be a bit of an adventure getting the bike too because I am going to be in Leicester for the weekend to see Munster play Leicester in the first game of the Heineken Cup (rugby).

I am abandoning my buddies and comfortable flight home to get up at 6am monday morning after a serious drinking session on Sunday night. I get a train across England and Wales to Fishguard where the nice Dealers delivery man will give me my new guzzi and I will have less than an hour to board the ferry to Roslare and from there get my first ride on the bike 100 miles home :race: I can't wait !

Whew,

I'm back, it was an adventure but not as I thought.

If anyone cares Munster beat Leicester by 2 points from a penalty kick with 1 minute left in the game. The curry houses in Leicester are excellent. The people friendly.

I have discovered that the trains don't run on time or in some cases at all.

I was at the station at 5:30am for my 6am train but it had been cancelled. So I missed the first connection and because my next train was 25 minutes late I almost missed the second.

But I got there with very little time to spare, had to do a 3 minute test ride and get on the boat.

If I had time to test her properly I might have seen the rocker cover oil leak that I saw when I stopped for petrol after getting off the ferry. It was minor looking but by the time I drove 100 of the 120 miles from the ferry to home had become strong enough for me to stop and put some oil in. I nursed her home and the experience has taken a little of the edge off my excitment at getting the bike.

Other than that I really love the feel sound and overall experience of riding her.

I hope this is only a minor problem

...It was minor looking but by the time I drove 100 of the 120 miles from the ferry to home had become strong enough for me to stop and put some oil in....

Welcome to the way of Guzzi! The bike is just introducing itself to you. Pay it a bit of attention & it'll repay you well.

You'd be as well to go over the bike & lube what needs it: Guzzi can be very mean w/grease. Have the wheels out & check brngs, esp check the brng in the outside of the drive box - this typically gets water in & rusts. Top shock mount may be dry too.

Where exactly is the oil coming from? If it's losing that much I'm surprised the shop didn't sort it already. No oil weeping anywhere else? It's probably just the gasket as Richard says.

KB :sun:

Bugger,I'm off to buy a Honda.

Far too many of them Moto Guzzis here now,common as muck. :D

Strangely,tho,since I ve had mine,I've never seen another one(barring at the Erin rally).Then last week I saw a Mk1 Le Mans(German I think), two Sport 1100's and a Daytona.There's sometimes a Cali at a bicycle shop in Foxrock.

Then last week I saw a Mk1 Le Mans(German I think), two Sport 1100's and a Daytona.

Amazing, what collects down a hole