I want this soooo bad

The only flaw I could find was that its not yellow(or mono but has cowl!!!!) I'm pulling me hair out I was looking more in the spring and that always happens you start looking and find the perfect bike. I know more will come along the pipe but I've been loosly looking for a few months at these and never seen such a great deal. The only other problem is that its in NY and I don't think I could afford to have it shipped on top of the $10,500 very reasonable asking price. :homer:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=11666

front_left_small.jpg

it doesn't look like it but he put a good 10k into I imagine. Some Ducati owners have way too much money to throw around. One guy has a deposit on a Desmoducciwhatever RR and isn't sure if he wants that much power. Most of the members on that board ride 999R's have 6 bikes and have deposits on the new unvieled 1098 that will be shown in late october? :huh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've been loosely looking for a few months at these and never seen such a great deal. The only other problem is that its in NY and I don't think I could afford to have it shipped on top of the $10,500 very reasonable asking price. "

Up Syracuse way is it? Happy to pick it up for you. I have a nice dry spot in my garage. No rush retrieving it, friend of the list you know, comrades in arms as it were...

DW

It's yellow, my favourite!! I'm pulling me hair out I was looking more in the spring and that always happens you start looking and find the perfect ted. I know more will come along the pipe but I've been loosly looking for a few months at these and never seen such a great deal. The only other problem is that its in NY and I don't think I could afford to have it shipped on top of the $10,500 very reasonable asking price. :homer:

Cherished-Yellow-Teddy.jpg

it doesn't look like it but he put a good 10kilos of stuffing into I imagine. Some toy owners have way too much money to throw around. One guy has a deposit on a Desmoduccy RubberDuck and isn't sure if he wants that much beak. Most of the members on that board have 6 teddies and have deposits on the new unvieled Dancer of the Seven Veils dolly that will be shown in late october? :huh:

The yellow's just not right.

I say go for it..... I have a 749 /an 06 which I cannot get enough of but I had to get a guzzi, well just because, you know what I mean...bought a 2000 v11 sport, candy apple green , wife wanted me to , hee hee

My wife is fine with me getting a second bike but she wants me to wait till next season, and she wants me to get a harley or a BMW kinda bike. She says she doesn't like the Ducati, doesn't know why just doesn't, I think thats crazy talk. I can get a harley when I'm 30! much too young to ride a hog I recon. you see the problem with kids today is they don't have proper values. :drink:

May be worth waiting until that new model hits the shops- the market will be flooded with 999s which have been swapped for the new sports bike. Prices will then fall even lower.

I know its "trendy" to dislike the shape of the 999, but I think they look great, especially in the flesh. Photos seem to hide the sleekness and curves. If I was going to buy one, I'd get a post 2004 red frame model which looks nicer than the grey frame, and has a bit more poke.

Guy

May be worth waiting until that new model hits the shops- the market will be flooded with 999s which have been swapped for the new sports bike. Prices will then fall even lower.

I know its "trendy" to dislike the shape of the 999, but I think they look great, especially in the flesh. Photos seem to hide the sleekness and curves. If I was going to buy one, I'd get a post 2004 red frame model which looks nicer than the grey frame, and has a bit more poke.

Guy

I think youre right, so I won't worry about it too much. I just hope I don't really love the look of the new 1098's, I really like the looks of the 998's and 996's especially the matrix edition BUT the ergo's are less than desirable, they are even less reliable and the prices have been shooting back up. :homer:

Ben listen to me, I should tell it only once, don't try this bike!!!

Do not ride it, if you are gonna like it, your soul is sold and you want it.

So keep the harmony home and watch at him and admire him but no more than this.

I second that.

And something more , these (999)are track bikes, and espcially the S and R models (dunno if that's for the 'simple' 999 well) do have brakes you they can be usefull ONLY on track with strong braking but precalculated.

These brakes bite exessively strong, so that they are dangerous for street use, they can block easily in almost any speed after a point (that is much earlier than on our Brembo Guzzis). So there one can have an accident after a braking either with few , or more km/h , seen both happened and that was ugly.

And all were experienced riders with lots and lots of track days in their ''acount''.

Besides no matter how wonderfull these Ducatis can look (only with their fairings on of cource)

1. They are made for the track and that's were they belong.

2. Have became like the japan 'philosophy' supersport bikes (change them every a couple of years)

3. Too tight and expencive service ,that MUST be done in the (latest) km's as the factory orders. (or else they brake)

They are moey pits.

:2c: If you really want a potent and classic Duke Sportbike get a 916 series thing

My wife is fine with me getting a second bike but she wants me to wait till next season, and she wants me to get a harley or a BMW kinda bike. She says she doesn't like the Ducati, doesn't know why just doesn't, I think thats crazy talk. I can get a harley when I'm 30! much too young to ride a hog I recon. you see the problem with kids today is they don't have proper values. :drink:

Take it from me, seriously, I have first hand experience, Ducati's are family breakers! They are money pits, they are one passenger bikes, even more so than a V11. I ride with a gaggle of modern Ducks, and while every Ducati owner will stomp their feet saying they cost no more than enything else, they are deniers of fact much like alcoholics! I get to ride down to the dealer all the time with them, and money changes hand quicker than a drunk at a craps table. The 749/999 is no different. A buddy just went in for his first tune up, $450!!

Get a bike the missus will be happy on, and god, please not a Harley!! There are much better ways to go. Surely you don't want to have to submit yourself and your wife to such a thing, and feel forced to dress up in those rediculous "H.D. motor-clothes TM", just think about the sillyness of it all. Being brow beaten by fellow Harley owner peer pressure into going to Harley Davidson Rallies, where you will see exact replicas of you, your wife, and your bike, all while celebrating your new found uniqueness, individuality, and new found American dream-ness. Being forced to grow a moustache, starting a t-shirt collection of Harley dealers in every place you vacation to in the tropics! Wooooo!! The Harley marketing dept. has caught another one and he can't escape. You're a gonner. Next step, a mullett, and Dale Ernhart, apple pie and Chevrolet!

Sorry, I had to vent. I was riding through Reno a couple weeks ago, and got stuck in a Harely Rally, it was frickin' sickening watching the stooges celebrate their individuality. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Golly, you live in the Great Prairie, time for big time comfort. Get a Gold Wing, twice the power, twice the comfort, and this is a bike that will leave any Harley in it's massive wake in any condition, whether it be a series of hairpins, climbing a pass, or flat tarmac. That big 6 has a very cool Porsche Carrera howl as you run along, you really should test ride one. I used to dismiss these as old couples bikes, suited to pulling trailers in straight lines, but I went on a test ride this summer for an hour, highways, and a series of challengine twisties. I was simply amazed at how they go around corners, simply amazed. Your wife will love it, and after that, you will be aloud to by a lovely red money pit!

Ciao, Steve G.