oh no not that...

Tim

Sorry to raise this age old topic but I'm having trouble finding a grease gun in the UK that will fit the shaft drive nipples/zerks and the job is long overdue. Has anyone in the UK found a solution - if so please let me know where I can get one (I'm based in West London - ish)

regards

Tim

Sorry to raise this age old topic but I'm having trouble finding a grease gun in the UK that will fit the shaft drive nipples/zerks and the job is long overdue. Has anyone in the UK found a solution - if so please let me know where I can get one (I'm based in West London - ish)

regards

Tim

You mean just the inaccessible one, or can you not get onto any of them?

There was talk of American fittings being sent over, as there hasn't been much success at finding anything useful here to reach the engine-end nipple. Solution is usually to resort to wheel etc. removal.

Hi Tim,

got given a needle which fits onto my grease gunat the V Twin. It will access both nipples but you have to push the ball of the nipple wit the needle to grease. It is a service item used on Manitou fork trucks. Sugest you find your local Manitou service agent......

Alternatively take the shaft off the gearbox. Wheel off, rear caliper off the swing arm, support bevel box. Remove bevel box upper link, remove completely the pinch bolt at the UJ at the gear box. Take out swing arm pivot pins and pull hard. Swinging aram comes out with shaft and bevel box. Both nipples can then be greased easily. About 75 mins work but make sure you support beel box at all times to avoid strain on the UJs. Biggest issue is getting the swinging arm back in again.

Don't worry unduly. I did mine at 25000 miles and they still had plenty of grease in them, so I'm sure you could go to 30k easily.

Cheers

Guzz

regards

Tim

regards

Tim

I had my brother waste an afternoon of his holiday in New York looking for one of the 90deg or 360 deg couplers that people here have said work well, but nowhere he tried had heard of them. The latest plan is to order from Mcmaster Carr to a US address (they won't send abroad) and then get it sent on to me in the UK, my brother has friends in the US so this should be possible.

The web site seems to have changed since I was last there but I think the 360 deg coupler is part no. 1091K3 but I can't see the 180 deg coupling.

I had my brother waste an afternoon of his holiday in New York looking for one of the 90deg or 360 deg couplers that people here have said work well, but nowhere he tried had heard of them. The latest plan is to order from Mcmaster Carr to a US address (they won't send abroad) and then get it sent on to me in the UK, my brother has friends in the US so this should be possible.

The web site seems to have changed since I was last there but I think the 360 deg coupler is part no. 1091K3 but I can't see the 180 deg coupling.

Just found the correct page :doh:http://www.mcmaster.com/ Catolog page 2032 180 deg part no. 1090k47 and 360 deg part no. 1090k44 (more expensive than the other one I found by mistake)

I found a 360 deg in the UK but it was £70 without the VAT and Delivery !! :bbblll:

For UK subscribers:

Flexible hose for attaching to your grease gun

http://www.cromwell.co.uk/static/publicati.../pages/1005.pdf

End fittings and nipples

http://www.cromwell.co.uk/static/publicati.../pages/1007.pdf

Grease nipples if you need many

http://www.cromwell.co.uk/static/publicati.../pages/1222.pdf

Home (for ordering)

http://www.cromwell.co.uk/index

regards

Tim

I presume the V11S nipples on the exposed driveshaft/UJs are in the same(ish) locations as my V10 Centauro on the 2 UJs and the coupling sleeve?

I can get on them all by using a flexible hose and connector on a standard gun. Got one complete with rigid and flexi fittings from a branch of Tool Station. Machine Mart also do similar flexi connectors. Both outfits have branches nationwide.

Graham

thanks for the advice - I'm going to try the Manitou fork lift grease gun attachment first - I've located a dealer in the UK so I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you know how I get on

Graham/Guzzijack - was that your Centauro I saw at Crewekerne last weekend?

regards

Tim

I'm going to try the Manitou fork lift grease gun attachment first - I've located a dealer in the UK so I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you know how I get on

Can you post a picture, if you get one?

Graham/Guzzijack - was that your Centauro I saw at Crewekerne last weekend?

Tim

Hi Tim,

No not mine. Moira and I were there on the red/cream Cali EV - Centauro is hanging from the rafters while I do the clutch and sloppage sheet.

Graham

I've tracked down the grease gun attachement for a Manitou fork lift truck - it's quite expensive at £18.44 + VAT (about £22 in all) but what the hell - if it works it will be worth it. I'm ordering it this week and I'll let you know how I get on with it once it arrives - Belfastguzzi wanted a picture which I'll sort out when I get it

grease_gun_attachment.jpgHi Folks - the Manitou fork lift truck grease gun attachemnt arrived - don't get too excited it's basically an oversized hypodermic needle but if it works it will be worth it

I've attached a pictue for Belfastguzzi's benefit - however I won't be able to tell you whether it works as I'm on holiday for a few days....