Brake pads

richard100t

Ok my bike has almost 16k miles on it now. My front pads still look pretty decent but...you can never replace the pads or tires too soon imo. The stock pads have always made a noise when braking, nothing annoying just like a whirring or similar sound. Is there a quieter pad that offers as good performance? I doubt that this should turn into an oil type thread lol but I want some opinions on what you like. Throw your :2c: at me :!:

Many people get through the rear pads on a V11 quickly- there is not a lot of pad material on them to start with.

My fronts last about 6000 miles and I have tried different types, and have never noticed any difference in any of them.

Currently using EBC.

Guy :helmet:

I use Brembo pads medium compound, front and rear,once I have used ''Carbon lorain'' (at the rear) It also performed great.

:2c: To my eyperience if the pad is 'whistling' and still has some 'bread' on it it happened if I didn't used them softly on braking (or ofr some reason it didn't attach to the rotors well) after the intalation for some kilometers-bakings.. Well that is a myth to some (that the pads have to be used softly) in order to get well ''baked'' but to me has to do with how well the pad will attach to the rotor. Gennerally harde compound pads can have a tedency to whistle (even if they are not in their end)

I am very satisfied with the Brembo pads mdium compound, so I don't change them , there are many around , like the EBC, and the SBS, and the Carbon Lorain,

I stick to the Brembos.

Guest ratchethack

I'm not helping here but...

I have a heavy foot and my rear pads are almost toast at around 4K. I want longer life without trashing my rotor. Any suggestions?

DW

The rear pads are notorious for fast wear, groaning on backup, overheating, and trashing rotors due to dragging. A few thoughts on this based on my experience in the following thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...hl=brake+groan#

Though I initially had very fast rear brake wear (including the backup groan), after following the routine discussed above, I haven't had a trace of rear brake problems of any kind. IIRC, I got 9K mi out of my last set of Ferodo Platinum pads. :sun:

Thanks to all for the advice and the link. If I could get the pads and tire to wear out at the same time that would be ideal. I'm off to seach the archives about drippy transmissions...

DW

The rear pads are notorious for fast wear, groaning on backup, overheating, and trashing rotors due to dragging. A few thoughts on this based on my experience in the following thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...hl=brake+groan#

Though I initially had very fast rear brake wear (including the backup groan), after following the routine discussed above, I haven't had a trace of rear brake problems of any kind. IIRC, I got 9K mi out of my last set of Ferodo Platinum pads. sun.gif