What you need to enjoy back issues of Geek World and to resist the temptation to decorate your body with needles.

That's ok. I don't need it then. Cheers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, there is some real anti-tattoo feelings on this board

Absolutely not! Some of us just have an unreasonable aversion to paying to have needles containing ink stuck into ourselves.................and, speaking for myself, make-up is much more fun, and you can wipe it off when you're fed up with it/when the woman whose make-up it is comes home, etc

I think Nogbad knows where I'm coming from here. I need some support here, Nog!

Well, I'll chime in for counterpoint. I got a tattoo when I was 18. A big ol' phoenix on my chest. I'm happy with it and have no regrets. I'm not happy that tattooing became so popular, but that's life. Wth my luck, pretty soon, every damn person is going to have a mustache. I like tattoos in general, but there are, of course, some real losers out there.

Now, as to it hurting- it does. If you really dig pain, you'll want to get a tattoo within a few centimeters of your nipple. That's a special, wincing, sweating hurt that I don't want to repeat. Other than that, it just hurts. Don't drink or do drugs. Pain is easier to take when you're sober.

As to lowering my IQ. Maybe. However, I did get my doctorate in science after I got a tatoo. Sheesh, I'd have gotten a Nobel if I had just had sense stay clean. Of course, the argument could be made that since I'm in academia, I'm a blithering idiot. I'm not sure I can counter that one. Anyhoo, I'm thinking of getting a set of atomic orbitals put around one of my moles, but the thing would probably go cancerous and I'd have to remove it. :homer:

If you get one, put it somewhere you don't have to show it off. Unless you want some cretin like myself to talk to you about it.

Finally, I like Guzzi and all, but consider not being a billboard for a company. Remember- it ain't coming off. But, that said, if you're good with it, then I am too.

I just really like the eagle, its not my first bike and aside from being the logo for Guzzi it is also a symbol of pride and power (and to a lesser extent america though I know thats the bald eagle but still). It won't jump out at someone right away as a billboard. I guess I'm a little crazy but My dog is named Guzzi(wifes idea I wanted maximus) and I think I almost have a little too much love for the damn bike but there is just something about that Eagle design that I really like. I'd get it on my shoulder or middle of my upper back I figure. I also like the aprilia lion but I'm not about to be a billboard for piaggio :lol:

:lol: Your dog is named Guzzi and it was your wifes idea?! She perfect! :P You location for the ink sounds good and sound. Actually the idea sounded so good I think I'll hit up some local ink shops for a few prices and ideas. I figure since I work at a Jap shop, what better way to give them the finger the to show up to work with a guzzi tat. :grin:

I also like the aprilia lion but I'm not about to be a billboard for piaggio :lol:

Come on Bendy... with your giant list of bikes that are the best ever and that you've just got to have, when ;) you get a tattoo, you won't look like a billboard – you'll look like a menu :!:

Just to add to what Jason said. I've had tatts since I was 20. No, I've never regretted them and in fact I'm thinking of getting another one with Jude's name incorporated in it. Bear in mind though that Jude is my life partner and we've been together for quarter of a century. Jude is a person who I happen to love, (Dunno why sometimes but I do.) Moto Guzzi is a company, not a person. To me having a company logo tattooed on you would have to be a bit naff. I'd hazard a guess that few people care as much about the marque as me but I'll be buggered if I'd put their name on meself!

Pete

But it is a cool looking eagle. Ben, check out the earlier logos that Guzzi used- I think you can download them from www.guzzitech.dk (dk, not com). Just depends on what you like stylistically.

Also- be aware that as your skin ages, some lines will broaden out a bit, so don't go for a design that is all detail or in 30 years it'll look like the tattoo-er needed glasses.

Come on Bendy... with your giant list of bikes that are the best ever and that you've just got to have, when ;) you get a tattoo, you won't look like a billboard – you'll look like a menu :!:

HEY I don't own nearly as many bikes as most of you ppl, nor am I old enough to have a list of previous bikes. I want a lot of things and those wants change all the time.

and secondly I do what I Want, I kill baby seals

screw you guys, I'm going home. :moon:

JRT, thanks for the insight, I'll look at the older eagles as well but I really do like the current one. I'll try to get it a decent size and not too detailed. :grin:

I'll just ignore all the h8ers :whistle:

JRT, thanks for the insight, I'll look at the older eagles as well

Just cause JR goes for the older bird...

don't let him lead you astray. You're a young man

Just cause JR goes for the older bird...

don't let him lead you astray. You're a young man

I'll never be able to understand that which is BFG, one minute he's calling the whole thing stupid the next telling me to stand my ground. I imagine I missed something entirely but then the one who coined the "what time is it" thread doesn't lend himself to being understood. :huh2:

AS for Miss loren, try not to think about what she looks like now :vomit:

she looks a lot like a fuller young liz taylor in this pic.

AS for Miss loren, try not to think about what she looks like now :vomit:

The comment of a young man.

You too will become decrepit as the sands of time run through.

Just remember that there is nothing so decrepit looking as an OLD TATTOO

one minute he's calling the whole thing stupid the next telling me to stand my ground. I imagine I missed something entirely

'Older bird' didn't refer to the tattoo ;)

there is nothing so decrepit looking as an OLD TATTOO

Maybe a very old moustache, with small fieldbirds nesting in it?