Valencia, Valencia Valencia...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bike: i still think rossi will finish this one being the only rider to win a 990 moto gp world title. hayden may be on the podium if he doesn't crash trying to save face. and i'd like to see stoner on there too. it should be a great race, hopefully to the level of mugello. :thumbsup: ''bring it on''

Here is my take on this race.

Everyone in MotoGP is a racer and I believe they will all race for the win. If they didn't they shouldn't be there!

That being said (and no it does not explain Dani Pedrosa but I think that scenario is more complicated than we will ever know) I can say that after the first day that Bridgestone is working hard to get a good qualifying tyre. Up until now their Q-tyres have been a little hit and miss. This time they have a good Q-tyre and also Capirossi has also put in some fantastic consecutive laps on race tyres (as well as Randy the Pee and Chris the Vee) so the Michelin crowd have got to be wondering if this is the big factor. Of course tomorrow is another day and it still is not even race day but what a great start to the ultimate equation of Rossi and Hayden - who are both on Michelins.

I can hardly wait for the results of tomorrow. The rumours of Capirossi riding the 800cc bike are off. He is here to be a factor in the championship - one way or another.

Marco will ride to win - as will all - and perhaps tyres will be a big factor in who wins - and who wins the title - but rest assured - Sunday will be the race everyone will talk about and remember for many years.

Oh yes. My prediction is the fastest rider will win. The one with the most points will take the championship!!

Most, if not all of the riders will get laid within 24 hours of the finish of the race. This I know!

Cheers

Jim

Hi'ya Jim,

l'm with you on the fastest wins / most points champion, thing, but the getting laid within 24 hrs??? :P

lt's got all the right elliments of one hell of a race...l only hope it does't get all fubared by some sort of stupid first turn prang.....clean racing!!!!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

from the saturday morning practice time with race tyres, i would say that it looks very good for Rossi, Edwards, Capirex and...BAYLISS :)

Nicky seems to have troubles staying in the low 33" while the others are fine in that zone.

Rossi did about 12 laps with low 33" as it was for joking...

But we all know it changes once in the actual race...

Have you tried the podcasts on motogp site?

Nice bits of video from Estoril and previous

and sort-of-interesting interviews & commentary from Valencia pre-race

for free of course

Picture_1.jpg

Picture_2.jpg

Picture_3.jpg

Nice one Troy!! :notworthy:

yeah, great ride from both ducatis :)

I'm pretty sure some ppl at Ducati must wonder how that's possible for Bayliss (well, maybe not; put a great champ' without any pression on him, give him a great bike, a great team and a few things he wants to settle with some ppl at Corse and there you go :))

shame Rossi fell, it kinda threw away the battle everybody wanted to see, but that fall is pretty typical of this crazy season in a way: crazy.

here's one to Nicky !

never in the history of the sport has the premium class been wun with so few race victories.

Only one word for it BORING

Great rid by Bayliss, great time in Valencia even though the wrong man became champion

Guest goosesport

I don't see how anyone could be bored by all this. I guess you could have unlimited engine size and no weight limit, yeah take a man to ride a bike like that.

But, the champ is the guy who gets the most points and that was Nicky this year. Sure he knows that Vale is the greatest racer of the era. And Nicky knows that this year, he did better than Vale and all the rest.

And Vale, he's probably looking up at the podium and thinking -- yah stuff F1, I sure wasn't bored this year, and I won't be bored next year and if I don't get bored I could be up there when I'm 37 -- being a World Champ and beating 2 World Champs. Hmm Superbikes, might be nice to ride some new tracks.