Valencia, Valencia Valencia...

never in the history of the sport has the premium class been wun with so few race victories.

Only one word for it BORING

Great rid by Bayliss, great time in Valencia even though the wrong man became champion

Well, Ain't you the good sport :angry:

How long till the Euros start crying about blood-doping,

steroids, or some such.

Your game, your rules, and an American won.

Fair and square. :bier:

I agree Rossi is among the best ever.

But not this year.

As we say in Texas,

Quit yer bitchin' :grin:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Nicky,as stated,he got the most points.

However,he is,in my opinion,not a champion.

I've watched every minute of every race,Hayden is a very good motorcycle racer.But he is not a champion.

A true racer never gives a length or settles for second.Watch the shapes of the bikes of Edwards or Elias or Checa,Hopkins,whoever,near the end of a race.They may not be on the best machinery,not have the best tyres,but they'll still be trying to go faster and beat the guy in front,even if it's only for 12th place.

Dani got a lot of criticism for knocking Nicky off,but at least he was going for it,trying to WIN.

Too many times I have watched Nicky sit behind another rider,picking up points.

Good for a championship.Agreed.

But in winning,one must be the best,must demonstrate that he is at least the equal of the others,that his bravery,machine control and skill are the best.THE BEST.That he can defy the laws of physics and leave we mortals breathless with wonder and admiration.That warm feeling that we get from seeing a fellow human being tiptoe over the precipice and back again,smiling at their audacity.

Hayden has been on the best machine.His team budget is by far the biggest.He has had access to the best parts the largest manufacturer can provide.Yet he sits behind other riders and takes points.

For me,not the mark of a champion.

And no Todd,I'm not "bitchin"

Hayden has been on the best machine.His team budget is by far the biggest.He has had access to the best parts the largest manufacturer can provide.Yet he sits behind other riders and takes points.

For me,not the mark of a champion.

Yes, that's how it has looked and why the result just didn't seem ultimately satisfying

– from the tv armchair anyway

It all seemed more like a game of chance.

You boys got a point..........

......but at least Nicky's a good guy............

What's yer predictions fer next year?

I'm going out on a limb and sayi ng -[[[[[[[[[[[[ ---------- MELANDRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...or Rossi...

...or Pedrosa..,.

...aww, geez......................................

I say keep an eye on Pedrosa. That boy is going to win it at some point.

As far as Hayden goes- he took the safe route in winning. It's not dramatic, but I can't say I blame him a bit. His sponsors pay him to win the championship for Repsol, not to play out his own testosterone-fueled bid for glory.

never in the history of the sport has the premium class been wun with so few race victories.

Only one word for it BORING

Great rid by Bayliss, great time in Valencia even though the wrong man became champion

wow, At least Vale was sporting in defeat. I guess in defeat the true class of the sportsman or fans shine through. Sour grapes after one of the most exciting and hard fought championships in recent times just seems a tad sad to me.

There is no doubt in my mind that Vale will be back next year contending fiercely from the front row on the 800. When push came to shove, Vale made one too many mistakes this year and couldn't overcome his run of really bad luck. Nicky's greater consistancy and a demonstration of race-smarts is why he ended up winning the title.

GO #69 !!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Hayden fan = am totally happy. I was so afraid he'd have a mechanical DNF or something weird even after Rossi fell.

But I was surprised that there was no commentary about how Rossi got back on his bike and rode the thing fairly well - I would imagine the bike might not have been in 100% tip top shape. Maybe he was just trying to stay in the race but I do not think he was ever lapped.

So frustrating in the US broadcast to see approx 8 or so adverts in the middle of a short race. The broadcast should be commercial free!

Bob

But I was surprised that there was no commentary about how Rossi got back on his bike and rode the thing fairly well - I would imagine the bike might not have been in 100% tip top shape. Maybe he was just trying to stay in the race but I do not think he was ever lapped.

:thumbsup: And what Robbie said too. Vale is a winner there and it showed.

So frustrating in the US broadcast to see approx 8 or so adverts in the middle of a short race. The broadcast should be commercial free!

Bob

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A true racer never gives a length or settles for second.Watch the shapes of the bikes of Edwards or Elias or Checa,Hopkins,whoever,near the end of a race.They may not be on the best machinery,not have the best tyres,but they'll still be trying to go faster and beat the guy in front,even if it's only for 12th place.

Perhaps a rule change,

implementing figure skating judges,

so as to consider degree of difficulty,

charisma, spirit, and "presence"?

Change the rules if you like.

But the rules are the rules.

When you change them and someone says you are changing the rules to benefit 1 racer,

1 team, or 1 design,

don't be a bit surprised if you get compared to Nascar.

Without the Skoal, Marlboros, and Miller Lite.

Players, Gauloises, and Peroni seems to be different....

Had Vale won, it would have been hailed as the greatest comeback ever,

and justifiably so.

As it is, Hayden is "not a real champion."

Same system, same rules :lol:

Consistency, please

So all you sour grape people that think Hayden isn't worthy were not seeing what really went on during this season. Hayden won the championship despite Honda not because of Honda they had him testing unproven stuff plus developing parts for next years 800cc on his racebike. Honda and Repsol wanted Dani Pedrosa to be world champion. Honda saw Hayden as their test mule for Dani's next bike. All the times you say he was dogging it were due to bike problems, he was unable to go faster and engage. yet he still managed to finish in the points all the times except when Dani knocked him off. So like it or not, NICKY HAYDEN is the world champion and Rossi is #2 and no matter how you try to explain it to yourself...Hayden is the best rider in 2006 and Rossi isn't! and he has nobody to blame but himself, he blew the start then tucked the front and fell. and before he fell he was in a word of hurt with at least 3 Honda riders to pick though before he would reach Nicky. I don't think he would of pulled it off even if he didn't fall. tuff to take, but the EX-Champ cracked under the pressure and wasn't able to recover.

Hayden, Rossi and Capirossi all had problems and bad luck just Hayden salvaged the most points on his bad days.

everyone that has won a championship has eased up and settled for a position and not risk falling and losing points including Rossi.

richr

Congratulations to Nicky Hayden!! He finally proved he was champion, he just decided to wait until the last race. And I say he deserved it.

While Hayden suffered most of the year with mechanical trouble with the Honda, Rossi suffered even more, with the Yamaha engineers ultimately letting the former champion down while leading or on podium on all his DNF's, all on an under-achieving machine, as evidenced by the performance of his teammate.

So bring on 2008! And I say beware World Champion Nicky Hayden. A fire has been lit under the ass of the greatest motorcycle roadracer of the modern era, and he's heading your way!

Ciao, Steve

just my two cents on next year. ether capirossi or gibernau. I just got the feeling like ducati's starting to get their stuff togather.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm glad that the gp title is in the hands of the US but I've always felt that it's a european title and it would be great if it was in the hand of a european on a european machine

just my two cents on next year. ether capirossi or gibernau. I just got the feeling like ducati's starting to get their stuff togather.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm glad that the gp title is in the hands of the US but I've always felt that it's a european title and it would be great if it was in the hand of a european on a european machine

but casey stoner will have gibers ride next year, teamate for capirossi.. :bier:

:2c: what struck me most about valencia was the win by baylis and how much they have improved these machines since troy was last onboard them. it seems to now be much closer to the superbike . better control of power and traction and more fitting troys riding style. ciao gazza