Will Running Without Mufflers Cause a Problem?

Guest 98Guzzi_Man48

Guest 98Guzzi_Man48

I have a 1998 V11EV and I like the sound of it without any mufflers, I was just wondering if this could cause any damage!

Thanks a lot!

Tony

If your neighbor's aim is good.

:grin: Not only is it grotesquely antisocial but it will upset the fueling something 'orrible. Oh, it'll probably run, after a fashion, but it won't fuel up properly and may well risk burnt exhaust valves and the like.

If you want a less restricted but still sensible sound there are a variety of aftermarket mufflers that will give you this with little or no need to fiddle with the mapping, they will sound better than running with open pipes and won't risk damage to the engine or a bout of lead poisoning from everyone within a five mile radius.

If you want to know the options and opinions of those who have various types fitted I suggest nipping over to the Wildguzzi board and asking there, it might take everyones minds off the election results in the US of A.

Pete

Today reminds of the day the munchkins danced singing, "Ding Dong the d i c k s are dead" :grin:

Of course there was still another evil witch to contend with back then, too.

Where is Dorothy?

wizardsofozoj5.jpg

And let us not get started with the Blair Witch :P

Come on, give this rookie a chance.

How important is for all of you if he does it or not?

Personally, I don't give a shit about the noise or also about his bike.

Maybe he has to grow up a while in the noise. Harley rider do such non sense too, don't they?

We guys are always fouling around here, but in practice we are gentlemen.

I like this topic, we can have a nice forum about morality and kind of unwritten rules.

Until TX doesn't show up... :P

Now I go watch CSI N.Y. I like signorina Bonasera.... :food:

Guest Gary Cheek

:wacko: I'm having that line :thumbsup:

We gave polite answers along with very friendly joviality. Pete's answer was very good sinece he addressed the mechanical and societal issues with aplomb. Very gentlemanly in fact. No fouling!

We gave polite answers along with very friendly joviality. Pete's answer was very good sinece he addressed the mechanical and societal issues with aplomb. Very gentlemanly in fact. No fouling!

Hey, you're not fooling! as I believe the Americans say.

In fact, if Jaap doesn't adopt this as a strap line for the Board, I may have to incotporate it in a future sig:

V11lemans.com –

We

-_- • offer polite answers along with friendly joviality

:nerd: • supply gentlemanly facts

:thumbsup: • address mechanical and societal issues with aplomb

:wacko: • No fouling!

:whistle: * some fooling

Guest Gary Cheek

No fooling is a issue of comedy . No fouling is an issue of comity which of course is vital to "gentelmanly" . Incotporate that if possible . :Dhttp://www.corvinia.org/minfor/comity/

QUOTE(antonio carroccio @ Nov 9 2006, 09:47 PM)

We guys are always fouling around here, but in practice we are gentlemen.

And I agree.