Footpeg lowering kit

Guest Barnapkin

For those of you with longer inseams, have you seen, or installed, any adapters/kits that will lower the footpegs?

I installed one of the kits that Evolulzione :http://www.evoluzione.net/ produced. I think that they are NLA...too few Guzzi guiders to make a buck on. bummer :bbblll: I wasn't sure it would be an improvement, and I waited about a year to install it. All I can say is that it really made a big comfort improvement. A couple inches really help. I am 6'1" and have a 34" inseam. I can ride my Rosso Corsa pretty much all day now, and before I was limited to about 300 miles max before my legs cramped up. The extended reach to the controls isn't a problem with my size 11 boots. Go for it!

Yep. I have 1 of two sets in exsistance that were custom made. I bought them from Frank Wedge. Drops the pegs and controls down three and forward 3 inches. :bier: The pegs end up just behind the lower bolt on the pork chops. Once my Mototech bars show up, the bike will be nearly perfect.

Moto International has a set that relocates the pegs and foot controls. Hopefully Greg will chime in here. He can get you photos if you want.

There are also threads about using Buell pegs to gain about 1 inch. Most I have talked to are satisfied.

Either of the above are pretty resonable cost wise. The Buell solution needs some modification before installation. The kit from MI is a bolt on deal.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry

And I have a set of the "Guzzi Ergal Adjustable" pegs. They don't move much of anthing, but they do look cool.

The MI setup or the MPH setup will go a lot farther for comfort. I ended up making my own before theirs was available.

John Henry, I've seen the one's on Frank W's bike. Very cool setup. I hope you like them! :thumbsup:

BTW, I think I saw some aftermarket shift/brake levers from Joe Kenney for the Centauro. They may or may not fit up. :huh2:

I have the Motobits controls like those shown on Slug's bike on my own Ballabio and love them. I have had severe injuries to both knees, yet with these controls I have put on as much as 684 miles in a day, and suffered no knee pain. With the stock pegs I was good for about 40 miles before the agony began.

Guest Britcheflee

I went with the Buell footpeg idea - do a search on that and you should get all the info you need - you do need to grind the sides down but if you are careful it is a simple thing to do and I am happy with the results on my Ballabio.

Lee

• 1 year later...

I don't see these still listed on Motobits website for the V11. Do we know if they are still available?

The list price for most other models seems to be around $300. Is this what they cost for the V11?

I have had the Buell pegs for a while, and never have been 100% happy with how they position my toes relative to the brake/shift.

Al

You might want to try the Motratech kit manufactured by one of our own here on the board. John M. (Ryland) has done a lot of work on a set which lowers the pegs and relocates the shifter and brake lever, very nicely done and from what I hear all day riding comfort. You can search for his web page or look in the MGNOC newsletter for an add, or PM him from here and he will set you up.

Hal

Her's the link

www.motratech.com

I've seen it mentioned several times about John's kit that it is great for folks with longer inseams and over 6' tall.

I however am 5' 8" tall, with a 30-31" inseam.

I find the stock position too constrictive for long distance riding or just bumbling around town, hence putting on the Buell pegs. Those are still a little high, but are OK.

I noticed that John's Motratech units that they seem very similar to the Centauro controls, which are quite a bit forward as well as lowered.

My question is really if anyone with my build has ridden the Motratech or seemingly similar Centauro type controls and how that works for you?

Thanks,

Al

I've got the Evoluzione lowering [and slightly more rear set] peg kit. What they do is basically set the pegs at the hole access just rear and back of the original hole on the z-plates. This kit's main advantage was price [$25]. It's worst effect is that it moves your left foor back, but not the shifter, so a shift with anyone with less than size 11's means shifting with your heal on the pegs to reach.

I'm 6'4", have Bobby Orr knees [too much hockey], so needed these to consider the V11 as a long term bike. They did the trick for me.

Steve