Moto Guzzi 1200 sport

grossohc

The more i look at the 1200 sport on the MG website the more i like it :wub: . Has anyone seen one in a showroom or ridden one yet. I think it would look even better seeing it for real imho, is it the same as the griso engine :huh2:

Gary :mg:

The more i look at the 1200 sport on the MG website the more i like it :wub: . Has anyone seen one in a showroom or ridden one yet. I think it would look even better seeing it for real imho, is it the same as the griso engine :huh2:

Gary :mg:

Have not seen one in the flesh yet, but they are in dealers now I understand.

Motor is from the Norge.

Long review in this month's Motorcycle Sport & Leisure.

Guy :helmet:

After surgery (removal of that monstrosity of a rear mud flap) the Sport would look like a proper sport bike. I like it.

I agree, if my goose gets totaled I'll get the 1200 sport and remove the whole mud flap, hopefully FBF will whip up a eliminator kit for me :xmas:

anyone heard any prices on these?

Guest Mattress

Interesting magazine article. Seems the Sport still has some of that torque dip "around" 3700 rpm. And what about that drop in power above 7000 rpm? I wonder if that is the ECU cutting in to draw down power to protect the engine or if it really out of wind?

I'm still undecided on the new styling. The tanks just look almost cartoonishly large. I thought the Griso was the prettier of the bunch at a dealer, but even then I'm being kind. First thing would go would be the Griso's trumpet stock muffler. The staintune kit looks much better.

I'm still undecided on the new styling. The tanks just look almost cartoonishly large. I thought the Griso was the prettier of the bunch at a dealer, but even then I'm being kind. First thing would go would be the Griso's trumpet stock muffler. The staintune kit looks much better.

I liked theGriso 8V model 1:1 scale that made it to Milan show, with the plastic or so cyl. heads :P , if they'd make it in 1:18 scale I will buy it. .... :lol:

I liked theGriso 8V model 1:1 scale that made it to Milan show, with the plastic or so cyl. heads :P , if they'd make it in 1:18 scale I will buy it. .... :lol:

Holy CRAP why didn't other companies think of this!!! you don't have to make a bike, just whip out a replica of one and see if anyone lines up, the only thing is most companies that try this usually HAVE a motor ready but aren't sure on the style, seems the opposite here :doh:

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news but the Sport is not scheduled to be imported to North America for 2007. Yet another opportunity tossed into the trash.

Argh, thats just stupid, why do they shoot themselves in the foot. At least bring SOME in, make it really chic and exclusive but no :homer: