Muffler choices

Guest Guest_dlaing

If its any use a comparison of Guzzi Titaniums set high and low

Bikes_small2.jpg

Deep and muscular sound. A good addition to this bike.

Purchased new with a dent in the underside of left can. Drilled out alloy rivets, removed centre tube and wadding. Pushed out dent to leave a slight crease totally covered by the support band. Simple replacement of pop rivets. DVH sold his second hand and got a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I tried the Raceco website (maybe a year ago) it wouldn't work. Good to see it's there again.

Always loved this bike.

lgdaytona2.jpg

That's got to be the most beautiful Daytona/Sport 1100 tail section I've ever seen !!!

:food:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest h8chains

I have staintunes on my lemans and i've been pretty happy with them. If you're going for deep sound but not obnoxiously loud, and you can appreciate the smoothness of the polished finish, then you will not be dissappointed with the Staintunes.

post-1919-1168160056_thumb.jpg

I agree with plex, I have the same ones and very happy with them. Not really sure if they are quiet, I find them loud but not as loud as the other brands. Great deep sound specially on 3rd and 4th gears. The quality is exceptional.

• 3 weeks later...

I know we've talked about these but I was thinking YA know, if ya got the whole exhaust black ceramic coated to match it would look a lot better, almost slick :grin: I might do these a lil down the road if I can ever find'em and just sell my FBF's :huh2:

silenz0013.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Since when has any police enforcement to my knowledge stopped any one for loud mufflers?I live near the Blue Ridge Parkway and can hear the "loud pipes save lives" bunch for miles after they are gone.It gets irritating for me to hear them on a ralley weekend, and pray you don't get stuck in a tunnel with a bunch like I did.

Get your pipes to suit your power needs.Personnally I like it as quiet as possible.That's why I wear earplugs.

Unfortunenately it's going to get like it is in California everywhere because of the irrisponsible people that ride around waking the good citizens that are going to screw us all, and take away all of our freedoms from choices of cans. Any Goose will sound great with any after market pipe and be quiter than and HD I've ever heard. :angry:

I TOTALLY agree with yo on this one!!! Pea branined Harley riders ride 2500 miles a year max... so it not great loss for them to screw up our fredoms! And they are.. and it's only going to get worse because of them!

In ledenon I met a german who had this quat d system. It was pretty loud, but had an E approval :-)

What you can't see on the picture is that under the gearbox, the 2 pipes are connected.

The pipes were very nice close to the bike.

quat_d_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

To me the other major incentive to move to aftermarket pipes, would be to minimize the uneven placement of the OEM mufflers.

As I'm sure all of you with bikes with the 5.5 inch rear rim have noticed, the right muffler had to be kicked out even further than before, and from the rear it is very obvious that the pipes are not evenly spaced... looking a bit odd.

For some people this may not be a big deal, and in fact may "build character" :P ... and that's OK... But for me, being a bit anal :lol: ... it bugs the snot outta me!

al

This past weekend I decided to loosed my exhaust can mounting bolts (at the passenger peg location) to see if either can had a tendency to reposition itself. :luigi: Oddly the right side canister (the one that farther away from the bike center) wanted to be closer to the wheel by appox 1". Therefore I fetched a longer bolt, several washers and a spacer and reconnected the can at this position.

Now from the rear, the bike is more balanced. :D

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd dredge this old thread up.

Before I start drilling rivets. Has anybody had to repack? If so, how long did the original matting last? My M4 carbons seem to be getting louder. It could be my imagination but I think I'm setting off more car alarms on the way to work than when they were new. :huh:

Any recommendations for replacement material?

Before I start drilling rivets. Has anybody had to repack? If so, how long did the original matting last? My M4 carbons seem to be getting louder. It could be my imagination but I think I'm setting off more car alarms on the way to work than when they were new. :huh:

Stainless steel wool. Regular steel wool rusts from exhaust byproducts, fiberglass matt turns to powder over time and exits the hole at the back, as you're discovering. Actually, the combo of an outer layer of the rock wool w/ an inner layer of the stainless wool to hold it in place and take the brunt of the exhaust pulses is supposed to be the long term best solution, but of course, most aftermarket builders take the easy/more profitable way out... ;)

try the course stainless pot scourers you get from the supermarket. I bought a pack of them and repacked the muffler on my ducati and it worked well :P

immagine192ov9.jpg

Shark titanium....good sound and best performance!!! :thumbsup:

Is that a full system about 44mm OD all the way?

Unlike the typical V11 or LeMans the muffler pipes seems to be the same size as the rest of the exhaust and not bigger. In that case that design is very close to a Staintune system except that the Staintune pipes are about 1mm thinner ID than stock.

As i've said in another thread ,what i have found is that with a full exhaust alittle bit thinner than stock gives really good midrange from 3000-6000rpm.And if the pipes leading into the mufflers and the mufflers themselves are bigger than the headers you get a little less grunt at around 3500-4500rpm.

I think that is the reason why the stock v11 has less torque there compared to the 1100sport inj.

Well it looks nice on the bike anyway :D

Anders

Very pretty! :)

I don't see any prices on their site. Anyone have any info?

I have the Neptune Black oval Mufflers on my v11 Ballabio with the removable baffles. Great design and perfect fit sweet sound.

The black oval mufflers are USD$768.00 per set. 3 year warranty on the mufflers

>

> Freight to the USA via air is USD$80.00

>

> Total Cost $848.00

Sam