What ever you do DON'T MENTION THE ASHES

As wildfires flash across 3 Australian states, a pile of ASHES sit in their urn waiting to be taken to a new home.

What happened guys, team out to catch a few rays in sunny Oz and to crack a few waves at Bondi, sorry guess they felt a loss of direction since the bugle was so unceremoniously confiscated.

I guess if the Mexican Wave had been called the Ozzie Wave we would have been allowed to keep it.

I didn't realise it would have such a profound affect on the trim and razor sharp team that was sent out to protect Cricket's Holy Grail.

Never mind lads, you have 2 more chances at least to save some face.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As wildfires flash across 3 Australian states, a pile of ASHES sit in their urn waiting to be taken to a new home.

What happened guys, team out to catch a few rays in sunny Oz and to crack a few waves at Bondi, sorry guess they felt a loss of direction since the bugle was so unceremoniously confiscated.

I guess if the Mexican Wave had been called the Ozzie Wave we would have been allowed to keep it.

I didn't realise it would have such a profound affect on the trim and razor sharp team that was sent out to protect Cricket's Holy Grail.

I tried Babelfish and Google language tools, but no help.

What did that say? :wacko:;)

The Wizards of Aus rule! Her majestical wicked witch of the West's finest service are no match.

Click your heels three times, Dorothy!

There is no place like home. There is no place like home. There is no place like home.

isn't that some sporty event in cricket ? like the American Cup, but it has to be fought on green :)

I think the Cup contains some ashes of some kind. maybe the last dodo???

I used to play cricket, for some unknown reason I even went to after school extra training. I used to end up as scorer, I didn't mind. I once was 11th man, the 10th man was out on the last ball of the over* and I got out to the crease* so quickly the umpire (PE master from the other school) decided could fit one more over in before broke for tea and change of innings*. I scored 2 runs not out :D

Otherwise I would say fielding at cricket - long periods of boredom interspersed with moments of abject terror hoping that the ball would bounce well before it got anywhere near you so wouldn't "drop the catch"

When I joined the police my tutor ran the cricket club - a very social organisation - met the first Mrs Barrett at their annual disco - I can't say weather this changed the way I feel about cricket.

I now remember why I went to cricket training - the rugby season was over - I used to play tight head prop - ideal with my skill and hand/eye coordination :D

Britain/England a proud tradition of sporting failures.

I personally think it's the spirit the game is played that matters. I'd rather play well and try hard and get beaten than win regardless.

*Google cricket, I tried to explain but it's so confusing :(

:2c: would't you know the first coves to read your post were sepos and canaks and didn't understand. and i'm not surprised if the poms pretend not to either. as the empire fades away they are becoming quite used to loss.....long live the king.. :bier: