03 Scura clutch

Guest Ozzy

Today my clutch started slipping quite a lot so i stopped the bike and had a good look over it. I then got back on it and put it in gear but it wouldn't move. I am not sure why this should happen so suddenly?

I have read some of the information on exploding flywheels/clutches and am a bit worried in case there is a link. The bike has done 18,000 miles and as far as i know this is the original clutch, could it just be worn out?

I am sorry for all the questions but its my first Guzzi and i don't have a lot of knowledge about whats normal or not so would be very grateful for any guidence.

Many Thanks for any info

Gack! Tough luck.

Hopefully it's just something foolish and simple.

Welcome to the world of Guzzi. It's almost as if there's a right of passage.

It's exactly like a woman saying "First you've got to PROVE you love me"

It's like foreplay. She wants you to get to know her intimately before she'll

bestow her favors on you.

Luckilly mines been pretty much a slut and has given up the booty fairly easy.

I laid down the law early on...."be good or I'll dump you for your cousin ST4s"

Oh yea...I've lost my mind... :mg:

:lol::lol::lol:

'02 V11 Le Mans Moneypit, Öhlins F&R, OZ racing wheels, K&N pods, Mistral X-over, Guzzi Ti exhaust kit, PCIII, Rich Maund seat, Paul's tailpiece, Braking Wave rear disc, Aprilia RSV front discs, Aprilia RSV c/f front fender, Moto-Spezial V-sump and lots of other shiny bits... OMG, is it ever gonna stop..?

I wonder what that makes your moneypit? Material Girl? :whistle:

But let us not get started reminiscing about when she dumped you over that dike... :lol:

But back to the topic

what are the best replacement flywheels and clutches for the Scura?

Convert to double plate???

A RAM aftermarket double plate clutch?

A Rosso Mandello single plate clutch and flywheel? Or are the Scura's and RM's the same part number?

Would it be any chance for the engine oil to invade the clutch cavity?

Was any friction smell, or oil...

I hope the repairs will be quick and cheap :bier:

I am feeling outcast my Guzzi is almost flawless I am really happy at 12k miles, is just goes.

Anthro :mg:

I am feeling outcast my Guzzi is almost flawless I am really happy at 12k miles, is just goes.

Anthro :mg:

Mine too. More sluts than you can shake a stick at.

Sometimes I catch her flirting with those heal clicking Bavarian types but we both know

they could never leave thier fat fraulines with thier saggy tits.

Besides, she would never stand for them muzzling her operatic voice.

Oh yea..I let them dance with her while I take a few spins around the floor

with Helga but she'd rather have my spurs digging into her thighs...

Let the Aria begin.

er...how's that clutch comming Ozzy?

Sometimes I catch her flirting with those heal clicking Bavarian types but we both know

they could never leave thier fat fraulines with thier saggy tits.

Besides, she would never stand for them muzzling her operatic voice.

Oh yea..I let them dance with her while I take a few spins around the floor

with Helga but she'd rather have my spurs digging into her thighs...

Let the Aria begin.

er...how's that clutch comming Ozzy?

Thanks for all the help and advice you guys have given me. No news yet on what the problem is. Got the bike recovered (good old AA) and taken back to the shop as it has 1 month warrenty left with the dealer. However they have been anything but helpful. They hung up on me 3 times when i phoned to check i could bring it in and when i got there (200 miles later) i asked about this Flywheel problem and they said they never heard such a thing ! The guy keep telling me the gear selector spring had broken but i don't belive this is the cause as would it not be stuck in gear then ? I tried to explain i can select any gear i want but it just won't move! The final insult came when they said they would look at it " If and when they had the time". So no idea when that will be. Anyway I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards

Ozzy

ps. I still love my bike !

However they have been anything but helpful. They hung up on me 3 times when i phoned to check i could bring it in and when i got there (200 miles later) i asked about this Flywheel problem and they said they never heard such a thing ! The guy keep telling me the gear selector spring had broken but i don't belive this is the cause as would it not be stuck in gear then ? I tried to explain i can select any gear i want but it just won't move! The final insult came when they said they would look at it " If and when they had the time".

Good luck with them.

If they don't treat you right, I am sure that you can find better dealers to deal with after the warranty work is done.

Glad it happened under warranty.

I wonder if you might do you better to pay them a little cash to make sure they put in better parts.

Has Guzzi recognized the Scura clutch problem and changed the recommended replacement parts?

If Guzzi has not changed the recommended parts, take the opportunity to improve your clutch. :bier:

Even if it costs a couple hundred quid :(

Just my opinionated :2c: