Round about nowhere*

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be Bungendore.

Point.

It is. I figured that Mr R. must have knocked it up so as he could keep his tyre profiles in shape. That place where he lives seems to be a grid of straight roads...and desert.

(No good denying it, PR. The camera don't lie.)

I guess mike needs another point. but we might have to make one in another color to represent 10 points or something b4 this gets out of hand :huh2:

I suggest that we have a legitimate mechanism for reducing the ever-increasing size of Mike 'Mastermind' Wilson's underneath bit. As this is not the Quiz Forum, points gained here could be regarded as negative points. Therefore, a correct answer to a quiz here will result in a reduction of any disturbingly large display gained in that other place.

Another possibility is that once, say, five ordinary points are obtained, then further points awarded are (very prestigious) invisible points. There need not be any limit to the number of invisible points that any one person may have in their signature.

Thank you, thank you.

It was the "cultural" part of desert that gave me the answer.

8-)))

cultural

Of course I meant, custard.

I figured that Mr R. must have knocked it up so as he could keep his tyre profiles in shape. That place where he lives seems to be a grid of straight roads...and desert.

(No good denying it, PR. The camera don't lie.)

Look you swivell-eyed, bog-trotting git. At least I don't have to equip my bike with water-wings to float it around like you'd have to in Ireland :grin: .

Actually, you're right, the main roads from Bunged-end are on the whole straight and boring. If you follow the road east to Braidwood though and thence to Nelligen and Batemans Bay you'll see that things get pretty good, pretty quick. Biggest problem with that road, commonly known as Clyde Mountain, is that during the summer especially at weekends it's full of sub-morons on two and four wheels. The four wheeled types all crawl along at 50kph and when there is an overtaking lane one will pull out to overtake and crawl past as 60 taking the entire 2+km of the lane to get past one car! Even if they do get past before this they feel it incumbent uppon themselves to remain in the overtaking lane blocking any and all other traffic. The two wheeled numpties all ride it like a race track but unfortunately, since most of them have done zero chassis set up, when they over-cook it they have no hope of keeping everything together. One of my mates dropped in two days ago haveing just come up the mountain and half way up there was a big delay cause by a fleet of ambulances and the care flight helicopter blocking the road, (they all had their engines turned off which is never a good sign.). Seems some young turk on a TOTR sportsbike had exited off the road on a left hand bend crossing the centreline and the other lane and shooting off the road. Since the escarpment was really steep at this point he would of hit the trees at crown height, my mate sez you could see the hole he'd punched through the branches of a couple of trees about 40 feet from the base of their trunks! The bike, and presumably the rider, were invisible, w-a-a-a-y off down the escarpment in the scrubb somewhere. Nah, don't like riding it when they're about!

Within a couple of hundred Km of here we have some truly stunning roads. Some on the South Coast are great but there are also the Snowy Mountains just inland and apart from being heavily policed they are beautiful and spectacular in a gaunt and barren sort of way. Even around here there are some good little minor roads, some of the Yuppy estates have a few nice twists and turns but the people who live there do dumb things like feeding and encouraging Kangaroos so you have to be super-alert if you don't want to spear Skippy while you're having fun!

Pete

Within a couple of hundred Km of here we have some truly stunning roads.

I'd say so alright.

Me daughter arrived up Brisbane direction today so I've been googling aroundabouts the (rather large) area.