Round about nowhere*

I'd say so alright.

Me daughter arrived up Brisbane direction today so I've been googling aroundabouts the (rather large) area.

If the poor child gets down this way there is always a safe place for a bit of R&R here. If he's in the 19-24 sort of age group I'm sure that my daughter would be more than willing to take her out and corrupt her with the nightlife of Canberra :grin:

Pete

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If the poor child gets down this way there is always a safe place for a bit of R&R here. If he's in the 19-24 sort of age group I'm sure that my daughter would be more than willing to take her out and corrupt her with the nightlife of Canberra :grin:

Pete

Yep, in that age range. She's just moved to Glenn Innes. Seems to be 'Celtic Country".

They haven't had secondary useage since since August 12th 2005....

Why don't you put them on ebay then?

:2c: ''BLOODY ROUND ABOUGHTS'' got me thinking back to going to alpine rallys back in the 70's. had to go via bloody canberrra, biggest rounaboughts i ever saw,and never since! the whole bloody place is circles. i swear some of them r/aboughts took us miles off course and hours to recover [they didn't have pubs on corners] the whole place is fu@ked...full of vagabonds and desperate bland faced pale public servents. straight lines and big circles. the heart of australia is heartless. and burnt. and pete i feel sorry that you live in a place 100's of kays from decent bends. i live where god lives! google that. :D:race:

I live in hope.

Hey! Thats in BC...at the start of some great rides through the mountains...google it to see....

not many r'bouts here, although we do have a great one just "our" side of the Peace Arch border crossing into the US of A....it comes out at you from nowhere and is really fun if you're blasting through it ...like a giant chicane, :race: with bad cambers....the fun :bbblll: starts as you watch the mini-van operators (they don't drive, they drink coffee, chat on the cell, yell/praise little Jonny for his soccer/hockey skills) fly into it to fast, realize they dont have a freek'n clue, and come to a grinding halt in the middle of things as they try to sort it out...

:bier:

Cheers

Van

• 10 months later...

Reminds me of a pinball machine.

Coming from the U.S., driving on the left is challenge enough. If I found myself entering this joke on driver, I would get into the inner circle, and keep driving in circle for heaven knows how long until I reached escape velocity and ricochet'ed out on a random exit road!

:lol: