UK V11 Meeting 2008?

Guzzirider

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anton and I arrive in Scotland on the morning of the 10th. We want to do a site-seeing tour of Scotland before the meet.

I was wondering if you locals have some pointers what not to miss, accomodations, nice roads, etc...

And maybe there are some events in that week to visit?

TIA

Anton and I arrive in Scotland on the morning of the 10th. We want to do a site-seeing tour of Scotland before the meet.

I was wondering if you locals have some pointers what not to miss, accomodations, nice roads, etc...

TIA

If the weather is good then a trip to Applecross over the Pass Of The Cattle is a must. You can stay at the Applecross Inn but it is wise to book first. The roads and scenery are stunning.

Go to Google Earth and type in Invergarry to Applecross in the directions tab- you must ride that road- fast open sweepers with fantastic views.

A trip to nearby Skye if you have time is recommended too.

You and belfast then

I heard that you've a room. So that's you and me sorted, both. ;)

TIA

Did you consider coming over to see any of the NW 200 week? There'd be extra ferry cost. £75 or £85 depending upon crossing. Actual Race day is the Saturday, so you'd miss that. Tuesday and Thursday are practice nights. Could have a good run over to Donegal and back.

http://www.northwest200.org/

See festival programme from 11th.

Just an idea. There's a great time to be had in the Scottish highlands.

Hi, there is an bike auto-jumble in Peebles on the 11th of May.....nice bit of country....or if looking for good roads /veiws just head west. My favorite is to head over to Dunoon(short ferry crossing by Western Ferries, not Caledonian McBrayne) Glendaruel,Otter Ferry(smashing restraunt). Basically if you stick to the west coast you cant go wrong. Also check out Ardnamurchan Point (the most westerly point in the UK) Its a single track road and a dead end so you need to retrace your route back but well worth it. Then there is Mallaig, Glen Coe of course, and the road south of Oban and ..........sorry I am rambling again!

Ardnamurchan Point (the most westerly point in the UK)

:!: The British mainland perhaps, but not the U.K.!