UK V11 Meeting 2008?

Guzzirider

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 16th/17th/18th May is OK at the moment but if it clashes with the NW200 (dates due to be announced in November, I believe) we won't be able to attend :(.....

Well as I've said before, you guys really should come here for a bit of a ride round. Or start here and finish in Scotland.

The NW was the weekend before that, this year, wasn't it? Then we had the Highland Fling.

The thing to do would be to go to NW, have the first half of the week here and the second half in Scotland – if only! B)

Going by my work cycle

i will be offshore

Gary

so – go by your motorcycle instead

Ok- good news- I have today spoken with Dave Paterson who is the hotel landlord and have arranged for us to have our meeting there on the 16/17/18 May.

There are 8 rooms left which will sleep 18 persons as follows:

4 x twin / doubles

3 x family rooms which sleep 3

1 x single room

Dave is holding the rooms for us, so what I suggest is that if you wish to book a room, you buddy up with a friend(s) first, then give him a call directly and make a reservation quoting "Guzzi" group. If you buddy up first before booking, this will save the large rooms going to a single person. There is an email address too on the website if you wish to save the price of a phone call, but phoning may be easier if you don't mind.

The sooner you do this the better, I would suggest, as interest for this event is high.

The room rates on are the Ken Bridge website and if you book soon you will pay the 2007 rate before the price goes up.

I forgot to ask him whether campers need to book, but previously we always have done, so I recommend you give him a call and make a reservation to be sure.

One final thing- Dave said there may be a Ceilidh (a traditional Scottish dancing night) while we are there so please bring your dancing shoes!

Please PM me if you have any questions but for bookings please do this direct with the hotel- sooner the better!

Regards

Guy :helmet:

P.S. I think Jaap is in for one hell of a birthday!

And count me in - just booked a room/bed! :drink:

And Sue is also very friendly :-)

Søren

Sounds like you gonna have funn guys, too far for me though,uphill all the way from kent you see and its a week or so before tt fortnight so i would need a month off work to do both.....

We need another summer meeting somewhere down south I feels......maybee?

Hello!! I'll be there,camping. Just got home from Sibbe yesterday afternoon! 3 weeks, 8 countries, almost 4000 miles.... :D Had a great time at Sibbe, cant wait to do it again! :drink:

Hi Bertie,

What we need is a road trip report! Starting with the detour we made when I wanted to drop you off in the right direction... :blush:

I hope you had a good trip. And as you can see above we'll meet up in May.