Sloppage sheets for V11?

pete roper

If anybody needs one I have just done another run of V11 sloppage sheets. While I endeavour too keep these in stock the fact is that the cost of producing them increases dramatically with small production runs and for a comparatively rare and now obsolete machine there are times when I simply can't justify a small run.

Anyway, they're available at the moment if anybody is interested. Just email me

motomodaoptusnet dot com dot au

Pete

Good to hear, here, from The Wizard of Bungendore! :oldgit:

Pete, can you post a price? Will buyers need to also get two new sump gaskets?

Thanks for making them available again!

Hi pete, 

Being a newby i have no idea what they are. Could you please explain briefly?

Thanks

This plate performs a similar function as baffles do in in a large fluid tank. They prevent fluid from sloshing from side to side and or back and forth. This plate slows down the fluids ability from sloshing up in a corner or one end of the crankcase under acceleration or deceleration.

Believe me , you need this . 

Plus , you see in the picture the oil filter has a hose clamp holding it and preventing it from backing off. DO THIS TOO ! That clamp costs le$$ than a rebuild !

I still have a screw corroded in place that's preventing me from removing the sump upper - defied all efforts so far to remove it so a sloppage plate isn't an option for me yet. I take the route of keeping the oil level high as a precaution instead. I must confess I have never seen the oil light flicker on even when accelerating hard uphill, although I'm not in the business of tempting fate too much.

Believe me, when I get that bugger shifted finally, a plate will go on, but it could be an engine out job. Maybe this winter?

If the socket head is too far gone for a Torx or fractional Allen head wrench , you can drill the head off the screw . Us a 8 or 10 mm drill bit to remove the head. After you get the housing off you can remove the rest with pliers .

The problem is getting a drill properly centred with the engine in the frame, hence engine out. Anyhow, I think this job will involve welding a boss onto the screw: the heat will help loosening the screw and give some proper purchase on it. Pliers just won't get the grip on a mere stub of thread if I do get the socket head off.

It'll have to be done sooner or later, just have to bite the bullet as I do want to get a plate in there.

Just heard from Mr Roper. The cost is $250 Australian, delivered. Works out to be $225 US

That's weird because he just told me yesterday that they had gone up in price from $230 US to $250 US. 

Whatever it is, he's got that from me, and if it is the lower price you quote, then he can keep the difference and have a few beers on me for the holidays!

Andy

I had an email meltdown just before X-mass. Three were sent out to people I received payment from Tim Noble, Dennis Hall and Andrew DiMizio. Anyone else wanting one please contact me again but they won't probably be shipped until after 06/01/14 as I'm going to the beach to drink beer for ten days! :D

Pete