Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

Clutch and clutch actuation are fantastic! Shifts great!

Sorting the typical sticky bits of having had something down far enough to peer inside the crankcase.  Second shakedown ride today and even the short list is looking ticked off. :thumbsup:

I'd go on record as saying that the Chuck-Made/LuckyPhil Shift Extender® is, to me,  an emblem of this entire community.  My V11 shifted *fine* before.

But, I am so jazzed to have this piece on my Sport - it so embodies all of the people (all over the world!) that have helped me enjoy this bike for all this time and, most recently, put this Sport back on the road after an unexpected failure.

Y'all rock. :thumbsup:  *All y'all* :bier:

• Like 3

I concur. I made a temporary bolt-on extension just to see if I liked it. I also blueprinted the shift mechanism at the same time. I never thought the shift throw was too long before but wow! Probably the best shifting bike I've ever had now.

couple things....

Chuck, is there a place (store) one can walk into and get PTI zinc chromate, and/or are other more easily obtained brands equally  "good" too? this place http://www.aircraftspruce.com/neworderform.php has 'em, but at $18 a can and $14 to ship I want to look around first :whistle:

Docc, is there any way to get the photos back in a couple of important threads? Namely Lucky Phil's 'shift improvement' and the one for Roper plate installation. Pete did one and I think Greg feld as well.

• Thanks 1

couple things....

Chuck, is there a place (store) one can walk into and get PTI zinc chromate, and/or are other more easily obtained brands equally  "good" too? this place http://www.aircraftspruce.com/neworderform.php has 'em, but at $18 a can and $14 to ship I want to look around first :whistle:

Docc, is there any way to get the photos back in a couple of important threads? Namely Lucky Phil's 'shift improvement' and the one for Roper plate installation. Pete did one and I think Greg feld as well.

I got my zinc chromate from Chuck's source (AircraftSpruce). And, yep, it was thirty bucks.

I wish I had seen LuckyPhil's thread when I was restoring images. I posted several alerts asking folks to move on it or let me know and I would also work those images. I must have restored hundreds of images before PhotoBlockit shut that tool down. So, at this point, users can singularly restore selected images by uploading the image from their computer to a new hosting site like ImgZeit or Flickr, or directly to the V11 Galleries.

ok, I'll get it from there.

and Thank You Docc for all that hard work restoring photos. PB has wreaked havoc on forums world wide. I hope they suffer. I also wish the best of luck to Nick and ImgZeit.

Thanks for that. I wish we could have restored more before loosing the capability window.

:notworthy: V7cafe