Hopes for EICMA 2017/ Guzzi's 100th . . .

docc

I’ve was hoping for a cutaway engine on a stand.

No need to cutaway an engine anymore when we have 3D drawings (if they decide to share them).

Oh, dear me. Look at that red frame . . . .

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/moto-guzzi-v85/

Moto-Guzzi-V85-10.jpg?resize=635%2C520&s

I like this quite a bit. Eagerly awaiting further news and a proper dual-sport test - road and dirt. Suspension travel looks moderate, not long like a KTM adventure or Honda Africa Twin, but not short like a scrambler.

Is it my imagination, or could you tie-down, tow, or winch-out the bike with those red "handles" on the forks?

The rear subframe (surround-frame) has lots of place to grab/lift, and attach things.  And the bash-plate looks serious.  :food:

Ok. Flat tracker.... back to the Guzzi...

Sadly, it's on 17R and 19F wheels. 18R and 21F would say ADV to me - and that's not a cheap upgrade.

• Like 1

Yeah, I keep passing on the "full-on adventure" bikes because they're too tall, too heavy (for me), and I'm not in striking distance of any real adventure territory ("way out west" here in the US).

So many times, I've seen pictures of a Moto Guzzi that let me down in person, so we shall see how it pans out.  If it truly goes production, might be the 2019 model year, at the earliest, with other models getting the new driveline over a couple years.

That puts us on track for a 100th Anniversary V85 LeMans!   :mg:   :thumbsup: 

Looks like Piaggio hired a couple palm trees instead of those 'spensive models for perspective . . .

Moto-Guzzi-V85-Concept-profilo-EICMA-201

. . . . brought in some sand . . . :glare: