Sport I Kickstand...sucks. Revisions?

Pressureangle

As soon as I get home, I'm going to work out billet stand mounts.

After 4 stand related drops in ~6k miles, I'm thinking about reengineering it so it deploys and retracts 'normally' and stays where you put it.

Opinions?

I hate the auto-retracting side stands on my Daytona and Lario. The stand on the wifes V11 works great. It has a real nice tab that makes it easy to deploy. I am not 100% sure the tab would fit as well around the your header pipes as it does the V11 header pipes, but I would think it is close enough.

If the V11 side stand was easier to find used I would get one. But it seems to be, like most things Guzzi, a bit hard to find. It seems like it would be easy enough to modify the auto-retracting stand. But having said that I have not gotten round to it yet. Not on either bike.

since I don't have the bike to look at, I pulled up some random photos. It looks like some owners have moved the spring to the front side of the stand somehow, or procured another stand. the v11 stand should be fine, and has a kill switch!

1997-Moto-Guzzi-1100-Sport-L-Side-730x54

• Like 1

Just cut off the peg that catches the spring, and it transforms into what you want. I didn't dare it without a switch though.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13072

The other possible issue with converting to a manual retracting side stand, in addition to the switch, is stand deployment / retraction. On the V11, you have a long tab that is used not only to put the stand down but also to flip the stand up while sitting on the bike. Some may not have an issue, but on my Daytona I would not be able to deploy and / or retract the stand while sitting on the bike without adding a similar tab to that stand. Not un-doable, but something that I would need to do.