Ebay Red Frame Greenie

LAGuzzi

Yeah, docc posted the listing. Is your Ballabio in the registry? 

One fine day we'll have an 'all Ballabio no Baloney' gathering. (Bologna for the Italophiles)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember that one when they were moving that one as well as his Tenni.

I believe at that time it was relatively intact and factory correct.

It appears things have changed since then...Does anyone remember what it sold for the last time?

Ciao

8 hours ago, docc said:

Nope

Hmmm. Am wondering when the timing chains ceased being an imminent threat?

7 hours ago, po18guy said:

Hmmm. Am wondering when the timing chains ceased being an imminent threat?

I wasn't aware they ever were? :huh2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, you of all people should know! I seem to recall something about an improved tensioner sold by someone.....?

15 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Well, you of all people should know! I seem to recall something about an improved tensioner sold by someone.....?

Kind of you, but just 'cause I've had this bike a while and rolled some miles still doesn't make me an expert. :mellow:

There is an improved tensioner. If ever I had to go into the "timing chest" (that is usually to address leaking, especially on the "wrinkle" black cases), I suppose I would upgrade the tensioner.

I just don't recall any real issues with the chain. Lucky Phil (as I recall) did report improved running when he switched to a gear set.

When I see the kinds of things done to this low mile V11 (timing chain, power commander, shrouded fuel pump, etc.),  it always makes me think someone never really got it running right addressing the simplest known issues (Decent Tune-up, High Current Relays, Grounding, and Ignition/Run Switch service go a long way).

• Like 1

Sitting at $8000US and 31 bids with just under twelve hours to go. Gonna be a riot to watch what happens in the last 2 seconds . . .

s-l1600.jpg

I watched a "patina'd" Eldorado on ebay sit at $2750/6 bids for a couple days before 2 more bids in the last two seconds sold it at $3518.95.

Curious what the last two seconds have in store for this celebrity property . . .

• Like 1

If only there was a pic with Mr. McGregor. So do we call the frenetic last minute bidding the bike of the star war?

• Haha 1

He hasn't owned it for years and an article I read said he has had so many Moto Guzzi's he can't begin to remember them all..Moto Guzzi gives/or gave (not sure about today)  him a new model every time they come out and he is /was their promotional man.

Hope it makes someone Happy Though!!!

• Like 2