Rosso Corsa on TV

Guzzirider

Just watched Bikes Aloud on Men and Motors channel where they tested a V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa against an Aprilia RSV Factory.

The two road testers gave the V11 the thumbs up and lots of praise for its character, usefullness and originality.

Both testers (who normally favour more sports orientated machinery) said they would buy the V11 over the Factory.

All in all about 10 minutes of very positive V11 exposure and some nice shots of the bike in action.

Program is repeated several times this week- here is a link to the schedule if you can receive this channel:

http://www.menandmotors.co.uk/whatson/prog...KES%20ALOUD%202

Guy :helmet:

Fox, how do we get our hands on this?!  <hint>

42456[/snapback]

Well I'm hoping one of our UK buddies might record it and .... er .. pass it on :D

Just watched Bikes Aloud on Men and Motors channel where they tested a V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa against an Aprilia RSV Factory.

...[snip]

Program is repeated several times this week- here is a link to the schedule if you can receive this channel:

http://www.menandmotors.co.uk/whatson/prog...KES%20ALOUD%202

Guy  :helmet:

42440[/snapback]

Pretty nice site, despite the programmers' unfortunate tendency to choices that defeat tabbed browsing [oh well!... :bbblll: ]

Why is it that after decades of exporting our finest television entertainment [like "The A-Team", "Knight Rider", etc.] to our poor, deprived cousins across the Pond when they only had 5 TV stations to choose from, that now that they've embraced the Max Headroom future of hundreds of cable options, do they hold out on us when they finally have some content we can use?!? :doh:

I feel quite betrayed, I tell you...

:lol:

Seems like a neat show, wish we got it over here, esp. when they're showcasing Guzzis...

Well I'm hoping one of our UK buddies might record it and .... er .. pass it on 

Give me a chance, Will try and record it over the weekend. Have two shots at it. However there is a good chance that half way through Saturdays show it will suddenly change to childrens programs. So best bet is for sunday night.

Slight up cock on the recording front, Got it into my head was an 8.00 start. Got the kids all of to bed and set up off to go.

Start the recording process, and on comes "Full Throttle Famous" some bint called Tamara talking to a Italian Chef who has a Cafe Sport and an RSV. Thought not quite what was described but recorded it down anyway. End of programe stop the recording and start to shuffle the files on the PC to stop the kids deleating it.

Feeling quite pleased with myself i walk into the lounge to find Bikes Aloud on and two guys discussing the merits of a Rosso Corsa and a RSV. A few choice words.

All is not lost, but we will need to depend on Mrs Barrett's benevolance to record it on one of the final reruns on Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

It's not my fault. You don't expect to see Moto Guzzis feature on two TV programmes in the same day, behaving like busses not one for ages and then two turn up.

I REALLY AM A USELESS TOSSER.

Rang home to remind Debs to do the recording, she duely did as she was asked. She had even set the alarm on her phone to remind her.

I got home to "it didn't seem to be the programme you wanted"

Quick check and I'd messed up the dates.

SORRY.

Now I hope as with all things on satalite TV it won't be to long before they repeat the series. I will try harder next time.

At least we have the bonus feature of the Chef and his Cafe Sport I can add to it when it comes back. Along with the earlier Spirit of Mandello.

Like you say Martin, it is bound to be repeated!

The programme about the chef Full Throttle Famous was originally aired about a year ago so I am sure that Bikes Aloud will come round again.

The chef in question by the way is Giorgio Locatelli who is a big Guzzi fan and he occasionally leads Italian Bike ride outs from the Ace Cafe to his restaurant, where he cooks a meal for each biker. All proceeds go to charity.

Top guy :helmet:

Never mind. The effort is much appreciated Martin.

42804[/snapback]

Yep. Least we can do is deluge the channel's website with requests for a repeat, "since we kept missing the show..." That might even make the wait to repeat shorter!

;)

• 12 years later...