Ti exhausts and UK MOT

grossohc

Hi, Just wondering if any uk members have passed there mot with aftermarket exhausts fitted, I have mistrals fitted and have a ti system ready to fit but dont want to fit them if they have to come off to fit standard exhausts.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary, I've got mistral's on and have no problems, but then the two places I use, one deals with old brits and the other the tester has a 996 on Termigonni race pipes! As long as they are not specifically marked "not for road use", there are no standards for bike exhausts any more, its purely subjective to the tester, if he thinks there too loud they fail, so most smaller shops are not going to chase trade away by failing exhaust systems.

Cheers Gary

Hi Gary, I've got mistral's on and have no problems, but then the two places I use, one deals with old brits and the other the tester has a 996 on Termigonni race pipes! As long as they are not specifically marked "not for road use", there are no standards for bike exhausts any more, its purely subjective to the tester, if he thinks there too loud they fail, so most smaller shops are not going to chase trade away by failing exhaust systems.

Cheers Gary

:stupid: Got my V11 MOT'd last week and it passed no problem with Mistrals. As Gary says, its down to tester's discretion and I just made sure I pulled into the testing centre on tickover.

Guy :helmet:

Depends who's doing it. Mine has Guzzi Ti kit & passed, but he's a good man & a motorcyclist. So long as you don't take the piss. The Ti's are not real loud but definitely louder than stock. The test now is that noise should be no louder than stock....so as Gary says there's some discretion - go to a sympathetic tester.

I always sneak in there on a low throttle but he opens it up at some point anyhow.

The Guzzi Ti's do have a stamp saying for racing use, but it's fairly discrete.....

I keep the stock cans so I can nip home & change them if necessary.

KB :sun:

Hi Keith, like you say if you don't take the piss usually no problems. On the 916/996 the termigonni's have not for road use, but it's stamped in such a position, that without taking the seat off, standing on your head and dislocating your neck you can't see it. A wonderful piece of after-market engineering.

Cheers Gary :bier:

Thanks for the replys :drink:

Well i fitted the ti cans and dont think they are any louder than the mistrals, but there is a improvement with the chip, also using shell hi octane petrol and went out for a run to braemar, no popping or suchlike as before. Have also found a hopefully sympathetic mot tester when its due, he does up harleys so should be used to noise. :whistle:

Gary :thumbsup:

found a hopefully sympathetic mot tester

MOT for you guys seems to be party time!?

Here it's all computer controlled and logged at Government Test Centres. Bikes are still more hands on though, as half the (car testing) machines are no good for them.

Even the test time is extremely strict. A minute late and you won't be taken – fee lost.

I missed a test because I couldn't get away from work. Then failed the test in November 'cause there was a faulty brake switch (20 year old car). Anytime that I checked, the lights were on, but of course the intermittent fault showed up when tested at the Centre! So I had to book another test and haven't had time 'til now, so it's another full test rather than a cheaper re-test. Set off for the test this week, direct route over the hills. Road closed. Major detour so I was 10 miunutes late for test. Pleaded and pleaded but late is late and time slot was lost. So I had to book another test.* That was going to be over £100 on this saga just for the privilege of booking tests – with no pass.

*There was a happy ending. As I pleaded even more about not paying another full fee the cashier went and had another discussion with the manager, who eventually relented and let me come back a few hours later when he squeezed me into the test line. Pass.

Passed no bother. :D No comment on sound, just said it was a nice looking bike.

Brilliant ride home before the rain and sleet :race:

Sunday sees the sunshine in Las Vegas, see how the 'mericans do things :bier:

Passed no bother. :D No comment on sound, just said it was a nice looking bike.

Brilliant ride home before the rain and sleet :race:

Sunday sees the sunshine in Las Vegas, see how the 'mericans do things :bier:

Nice one John!!

Enjoy Vegas- bloody cold in Huddersfield today! Weather forecasters are getting hysterical about snow- whats the betting we only get a centremetre?

Are you going to hire a H*rley and do a bit of exploring in the sunshine?

Are you going to hire a H*rley and do a bit of exploring in the sunshine?

That's just what DVH asked me but he also seemed to think I would have to dress up. :D

and you're right about the snow I got some chains 5 years ago and never had to use 'em, bloody global warmin' :grin: