So sick of ecochondriacs

Sustainability  

17 members have voted

1. 1. So, when is it reasonable to stuff it to nature?

• 100 years of technological partying
    • 1000 years of more moderate tech.
    • 10000 years growing and eating turnips
    • 100000 years hunting rabbits, searching for berries and eating each other in the winter.
    • Stuff these new religionists, I don't care anyway.

Guest Nogbad

All we have had on the media this week is effin "Climate Change" this and "Sustainability" that. I'm pig sick of the propaganda. This subject is no longer a science, it is a RELIGION.

What does "sustainability" mean anyway. The world isn't fucking sustainable because at some unknown point in the future the sun will explode and roast it, or a massive comet will hit it (not unprecedented) or nature will create a new disease that will wipe out man regardless.

These Al Gore types seem to have some romanticised Hollywood notion of what "sustainable" stone age peasant life must have been like! Well fellows, I have news for you; it wasn't like Zardoz, or 10000 years BC or "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves or whatever. There were no immaculately coiffed Racquel Welches or Maid Marians wandering about to be ogled. In actual fact life was nasty, brutish and short.

I personally LIKE industrial society. The fossil fuelled steam engine has been the greatest civilising invention ever and we mostly still depend on it.

So, you moralising, Gaia worshipping idiots out there, would you explain to me the following:

1. What is "sustainable"? is it 100 years? 1000 years? 10000 years? More than that?

2. Why is using up the earth's finite resources in 100 years morally worse than in 1000 years? Would you like to tell me on what timescale it IS reasonable to use them up in?

Stuff you all, I'm off to burn some oil for pleasure!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattress

I've never heard of this issue. Is it important? Anyway I'm just happy I scored tickets to The Stooges. Iggy is playing with the two surviving brothers.

Guest ratchethack

PPHHHHHAAAAAAFFFTTT! :wacko:

You know I'm right with you on this, Nog. (F'er the most part, anyway.) ;)

But Nog -- Last time around this went f'er a year (as I'm sure you recall -_- ), which in retrospect reached its miserable, pathetic zenith in thuddingly, painfully repetitive coverage of the same old ground ad nauseum.

The memory of the daily fear & loathing is still fresh, f'er cryin' out loud -- sorta like an infected wound from a viper bite that won't heal. <_<

In retrospect, the only value I found in it was a more thorough understanding of how easily fools are manipulated by propaganda today than ever before, which I finally realized just by gauging how much worse it was at the end of the year than it was at the beginning. <_<

In the end I'd been pleading, -- nay, fairly begging Jaap on my knees f'er 3 agonizing days f'er the guillotine on the thread. Mercifully, thankfully, he finally dropped the blade, which brought the blissful and grateful END. -_-

Do you REALLY wanna dredge up the dreckfest again, Nog? If so, I respectfully gotta ask, WHY? :huh2:

I've seen many references to that 'global warming thread' but never stumbled upon it on a search. Was it not only stopped but also deleted from the site? Or am I just lucky.

It was the greatest thread ever, and it was killed to obliviate the TRUTH.

All we have had on the media this week is effin "Climate Change" this and "Sustainability" that. I'm pig sick of the propaganda. This subject is no longer a science, it is a RELIGION.

Ya know, a few months back I'd have said ratch and the other global warming naysayers were really on the wrong track. Can't say that any longer. I'm with you noggie.

:2c: say what you may abought the country! but leave out our beer! go find some boags draught... :D or soma yummy resches real. :bier:

Frankly, I don't care.

I saw a koala last night.

And the sun is shining. This oz place isn't so bad.

Beer's shite, though.

So what is holding you back now?

:whistle:

The importance of the forum's harmony.

It is more important for me to be a watchdog against Ratchet's guzzi related misinformations than his political misinformations.

And he too can keep me in check, as I am fallible, too.

It is easier to stop arguing about whether or not running without oil pressure damages an engine than it is to stop arguing whether or not humans cause a difference in temperature.

It is also mind boggling that Ratchet appears to have more people supporting his unsupportable position than I do supporting the reasonable positions that running without oil pressure damages engines, and human activity makes the planet's temperature higher. Through fueling disrespect, the global warming thread undermined what was important on this forum, dialog towards the pursuit of happy Guzzi ownership.

Al Gore has the global warming under control and I don't have the forum under control.

So, I guess I have to work harder on doing my petty part.

Ya know, a few months back I'd have said ratch and the other global warming naysayers were really on the wrong track. Can't say that any longer. I'm with you noggie.

What a surprise (sarcasm intended) :lol: