So sick of ecochondriacs

Sustainability  

17 members have voted

1. 1. So, when is it reasonable to stuff it to nature?

• 100 years of technological partying
    • 1000 years of more moderate tech.
    • 10000 years growing and eating turnips
    • 100000 years hunting rabbits, searching for berries and eating each other in the winter.
    • Stuff these new religionists, I don't care anyway.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad

This thread is not about Global Warming yes or no. I think those arguments have been done to death in the other thread.

But what the other thread never addressed was WHY morally we should try to eat the candy in the bag slower, and why slow eating of the candy is less evil than fast eating of the candy. Also, do we know how much candy there is? Al Gore is a candy addict, so who is he to be moralising at me whilst enjoying his sugar rush? I don't want that prat in the UK.

I just think that this is a fundamental question that should be answered and thought about as it underlies the entire eco-debate.

Clearly the activists think eating any candy at all is evil. My point is that regardless of how low tech we decide to be, we will cease to exist eventually, and therefore all we are talking about is more or less time (maybe, I happen to think in 100 years all this AGW panic will be discredited) and it is therefore not an issue of "good" or "evil" at all.

I love the poll results so far.

Jaap, don't you delete this thread it breaks NONE of the forum rules and is in the right place. Furthermore the title is accurate and allows those who prefer not to contribute to ignore it without clicking first.

What a surprise (sarcasm intended) :lol:

dlaing, I admire your passion for wanting to preserve our fragile environment. I share that goal and and try to live my life as eco friendly as possible while still heating, driving and playing in a carbon based world.

My opinion regarding global warming has only changed in the past month or so since a good friend and fellow liberal/green type engineer opened my eyes to the tactics, and more troubling, poor science that is being fed to a willing media and in turn to (excuse me) a well meaning but gullable society.

I believe the global warming debate has grown into a huge political/industrial/media circus where, as in too many parts of our life, it doesn't matter what the FACTS are, but what the people can be MADE to believe. Emotion clouds logic.

I'm not really sure what is happening to our environment. I only know we neeed to learn more and hope that the knowledge comes from the world of unbiased, scientific investigation. NOT the Evening News.

I went for a drive to Kirby Lonsdale yesterday with my *virtual* niece. We had lunch in a great little pub and I ran over a goat on the way back to Lancaster.

Sorry, I thought it was more interesting than another trillion pages of sententious bollocks :bbblll:

Pete

Guest Mattress

Frankly, I don't care.

I saw a koala last night.

And the sun is shining. This oz place isn't so bad.

Beer's shite, though.

Did you know Koala farts are Australia's greatest Greenhouse Gas emission? I made it a point to run those little ugly lazy bastards over whenever possible. Next time you see one, please at least give it a good kick.

If you prefer U.K. beer, you might ask them to drain the bar mat into a glass, otherwise warm & flat beer is likely out of stock. :grin:

I went for a drive to Kirby Lonsdale yesterday with my *virtual* niece. We had lunch in a great little pub and I ran over a goat on the way back to Lancaster.

Sorry, I thought it was more interesting than another trillion pages of sententious bollocks :bbblll:

Pete

Pete. It is infinitessimally more interesting. I believe it could be the start of a new thread even.

Guest Nogbad

If you prefer U.K. beer, you might ask them to drain the bar mat into a glass, otherwise warm & flat beer is likely out of stock. :grin:

Incidentally, warm and flat beer has less CO2 in it. Don't anyone tell our politicians about that or they'll ban fizzy lager to help control "climate change".

Guest ratchethack

. . . Al Gore has the global warming under control . . . I guess I have to work harder on doing my petty part.

Yes, yes! That's the ticket! By all means, please, Dave! Work harder! :whistle:

You've certainly earned the right to consider y'erself a natural at y'er self-appointed role!

Why, it may be awfully dark and purply, but you've raised y'er "petty part" to an art form! :notworthy:

All of us here on the Blue Planet so desperately need y'er kind and benevolent protection! :lol:

After all -- if not f'er the efforts of "working harder" by the likes o' Algore and y'erself, who else would play the role of the Pied Piper -- er, Kindly Shepherd -- er, Big Moms Gaia -- to lead us out o' the darkness of our ignorance with Algore's eminently well-qualified perspectives on the scientific basis and advanced comprehension of planetary climatology, and keep us all from imminent self-annihilation?! :huh2:

Why, carrying this solemn responsibility f'er an entire unenlightened planet must be truly Out o' This World! :whistle:

It's hard to imagine how good and how important and how proud that must make you FEEEEEEEEEEL!

May a never-ending stream of enlightenment and wonder never cease to emanate from far far beyond the Blue Planet . . .

The mysterious, dark and purply Planet of Wonder, Remulac, from high orbit approach:

post-1212-1173885137.jpg

Anyone willing to put some money on the date/time when this thread gets closed? :)

As long as I stay out of it, I don't see why all the lovely gentleman can't share their misinfo together in perfect (perfect like the balance of the Guzzi engine) harmony.

I ran over a goat on the way back to Lancaster.

That is ba-aaa-aa-ad :lol: