146 hp Buell-Rotax-water cooled V-twin

orangeokie

You don't really think Buell was "responding to pressure" "domestic sportsbikes", do you ???

I mean, what kinda volume are they doing ??? Buell probably does more in a week than those do in a year...

Buell is going superbike racing with the new bike. The cometition is from Japan and Italy, not the USA...

:huh:

Buell has existed for a long time in a parrallel universe where ultimate engine performance supposedly didn't matter and things were done the Buell way lightness, engineering for the sake of function, simplicity, compact packaging, weight down low and centered etc. etc. Yes the racing competition will now come from water cooled Japan and Italy but if you think Buell does not care about remaining the fastest best handling American sportbike you can buy then you haven't been reading the bi-monthly magazine I get sent from the good people at Buell - one of the perks of owning one of their quirky machines. :P

Cheers

Kaput

I bought my V11 ( and my other Guzzi..s ....)without test drive, no reading comparison tests, no talks about

if it is good or bad, just by looking at them and feeling the magic of the bike and admiring this small company

which gives for so long bikes that touch your senses.

In real world (not track days, competition etc) THE GUZZI goes and turns fast enough for me, and the pleasure it gives me, moving or standing , is so .....much

Buell .......146HP...what to say???Looks that a marketing wizard wants to fight with Ducati & the Japs

So Buell welcome to the world of HP!!!!!!!!, and special bikes , where every six months there is a new bike stronger, faster, and better but watch out, the others are not sleeping, even GUZZI with MGS-01 WINS RACES

I" ll be with my GUZZI in ten years time , when the 146 hp buells will have left this world for their metallic graveyard.

I bought my V11 ( and my other Guzzi..s ....)without test drive, no reading comparison tests, no talks about

if it is good or bad, just by looking at them and feeling the magic of the bike and admiring this small company

which gives for so long bikes that touch your senses.

In real world (not track days, competition etc) THE GUZZI goes and turns fast enough for me, and the pleasure it gives me, moving or standing , is so .....much

Buell .......146HP...what to say???Looks that a marketing wizard wants to fight with Ducati & the Japs

So Buell welcome to the world of HP!!!!!!!!, and special bikes , where every six months there is a new bike stronger, faster, and better but watch out, the others are not sleeping, even GUZZI with MGS-01 WINS RACES

I" ll be with my GUZZI in ten years time , when the 146 hp buells will have left this world for their metallic graveyard.

Brilliant. Couldn't agree more.

I love that Eric is putting this thing togeather. I'm buying one. As soon as the national

speed limit is raised to 150mph and all police are given the week ends off.

Meanwhile I'm fighting my primal urges all day long on my Guzzi...as best I can.

Just in case I win the lottery...

Does anyone have any experience or opinion on what a Rotax like that is like to work

on? Specifically valve adj.? Reliability?

Maybe when they come out with the old guys version.

. . . Does anyone have any experience or opinion on what a Rotax like that is like to work

on? Specifically valve adj.? Reliability? . . .

The aprilia Rotax is bullet proof. Valve check at 9,000 miles. Never heard of one out of pocket.

The aprilia Rotax is bullet proof. Valve check at 9,000 miles. Never heard of one out of pocket.

thats why those are still in the back of my mind and if one comes up at a great price with ohlins I may snatch that up as my second bike. I've NEVER heard anything bad about them put some tigcrafts on them and they sound SICK, NOW their SXV 5.5's on the other hand . . . :rolleyes:

Buell had a handful of 1125R's at the GP race for folks to sit on.....looked even better in person in my opinion. They started one up and it sounded pretty nice as well, though not the typical Buell low rumble. Ergonomics are definitely superbike style....don't think I'd be doing much touring on it. I hope Buell does well with them, it will be nice to have an American superbike (even though it has an Austrian engine).

I'm with the V11cafe and bet that some version of a Guzzi will be in my garage ten years from now unlike some others but.... in the meantime its fun to speculate. If the Buell and other forums are to be believed Buell has a sales winner on their hands. In regards to Rotax reliability it is just as the orangeokie says - my own experience was with an Aprilia Falco that went 45,000 hard miles without any serious mechanical problems and with all the valves still in spec. - great bike but perhaps without the smiles per gallon of my Guzzi as the Falco is no longer in the garage and I don't miss it all that much but I sure as hell would miss my Guzzi.

Just to stoke a few more conspiracy theories and get somebody worked up :grin: .... the American sportbike Fischer was originally designed around a Rotax 60 degree Vtwin like the one in the Aprilias but the Rotax factory suddenly backed out of the deal about a year ago just about the time development of the new helicon Buell/Rotax engine must have reached a fever pitch. You don't suppose the Buell contract had anything to do with that now do you? :oldgit:

Kaput

• 1 month later...
Guest Nogbad

Did anyone else notice that this state of the art sportbike has no rear shock linkage? It's just a monoshock like our V11 anachronisms :)

Nor does the original XB12, and I can assure you it is both comfy and sticks to the road like glue. I guess it's all in the geometry.

Guest drknow

I like the weight and the motor is great, but it's SOOOOO ugly. Besides, it needs a better, lightweight, air-cooled motor. Now, it's a Quirky alternate to the Aprilia RSVR and Ducati 1098. If you like belt drives and cheap components, hey, you're ready to rip. I'd expect that it will handle well, and rip, but lots of bikes do that now...

my :2c:

dk