WHICH MODEL HAVE I GOT?

Guest DAVE WOOLLY

Guest DAVE WOOLLY

My machine was purchased new in 2004 as a V11 LEMANS. I am trying to find some spares following a slight accident ( ok so i dropped the heavy brute ).My question is when describing the bike is this the correct model title or is it a V11 SPORT OR A LEMANS 3 :bike:

My machine was purchased new in 2004 as a V11 LEMANS. I am trying to find some spares following a slight accident ( ok so i dropped the heavy brute ).My question is when describing the bike is this the correct model title or is it a V11 SPORT OR A LEMANS 3 :bike:

The Le Mans 3, or Le Mans lll, is old model bike from early 80s. You've got a V.11 Sport and it might be a 2002 or 2003 model even if purchased new in 2004.

It will be a V11 LeMans if it has a full fairing and clip-on bars. The V11 Sport of 2004 has full handlebars and either no windscreen or a small fly screen. You have a photo?

I just bought a 02 Lemans. When I went to insure the bike I gave them the VIN and they told me it was a Nero Corsa. Hmmm. I didnt think it was, but then I'm not exactly sure what a Nero Corsa is. Maybe a conspiracy?

Dave

The Pennine branch of the Moto Guzzi Club GB meet at the Brown Cow in Chatburn every 2nd Monday of the month- please come along, and you will meet some fellow owners if you want to chat about your bike.

Guy :helmet:

Guest philrazor

does anyone know what year is this bike? they are selling it for real cheap i am giving it a thought to buy it. my problems are that i don't own a car, and that i live in rome. this means like for an american to live in NY, but much worse, in terms of city traffic. I travel on the bike quite some during the year, and in the winter season i go back and forth on the highway to florence. it's real cold, and the thought that i might stop for re-gassing and put in first gear, second gear, third gear, third gear, third... third... hey! damn the spring... i can't have that spring ghost threatening my peace of mind. Do you guys advice it? if you ask do you like the bike the answer is yes a lot. but i need a pragmatic bike, i need to mount on its back a givi top-box. you think i should go elsewhere? the price is really incredible for this bike! they are selling it at 4200 euro. they claim it's a 2003, but i wonder if it's a 2002 sold in 2003.

post-5742-1186636585_thumb.jpg

Guest philrazor

If it has the wrinkle finish engine paint, I think its a 2002 rebadged as a 2003.

:2c: What the heck though, if they're offering it cheap, what's keeping you from making the leap?

:bier::mg::ninja:

stoogie i could have used some comments.. is it a pragmatic bike?

does anyone know what year is this bike? they are selling it for real cheap i am giving it a thought to buy it. my problems are that i don't own a car, and that i live in rome. this means like for an american to live in NY, but much worse, in terms of city traffic. I travel on the bike quite some during the year, and in the winter season i go back and forth on the highway to florence. it's real cold, and the thought that i might stop for re-gassing and put in first gear, second gear, third gear, third gear, third... third... hey! damn the spring... i can't have that spring ghost threatening my peace of mind. Do you guys advice it? if you ask do you like the bike the answer is yes a lot. but i need a pragmatic bike, i need to mount on its back a givi top-box. you think i should go elsewhere? the price is really incredible for this bike! they are selling it at 4200 euro. they claim it's a 2003, but i wonder if it's a 2002 sold in 2003.

It looks like a 2001-early 2002 model to me,I think I'm right in saying big give away is if it has a front crossover as these first appeared on bikes made in 2002 ?

It probably sat in a showroom for a year or so (or was in a crate at the back of the warehouse :lol: )

so don't worry about it, if its good condition,low miles and has some history from previous owners then its worth 4200 easy.

Looks like a real nice bike (its actually the same colour as mine :grin: ) I like the colour matched seat hump

(mines grey not candy) and the belly pan.Buy it, but get them to change the spring if it makes you feel better ,then ride it like you stole it :grin:

That looks like an 02. Same paint scheme as mine when I bought it. Somebody added the chin spoiler and red bar end weights, painted the seat cowl and removed the rear fender. Nice looking bike. Is there a production date on the head stock?

Guest philrazor

OK, thank you, that's what i thought, a 2001 or 2002...

I am afraid because of the smaller front shocks, i know they are 40 mm and not 43. i say this because i have heard stories of v11 le mans not being stable while driving on highways, i have read stories of people falling off the bike because of this.

I should test ride the bike i think.

I will ask the shop what is the make year of the bike and will let you know.

I have found also a nero corsa 2005 for 5800 euro.... but that's also more money! is there a huge difference?