New Griso 1200 4V spotted at Mandello

1100sport

Pete Roper

I was under the impression that the MGS-01 Serie (street version) was to use a different motor with around 100hp rather than the Corsa's 120hp or thereabouts. I would think that if the Serie did actually make it to market, that it would be built for street type use with a less of the disposable race bits.

I still have the brochure with the Serie in it. Heres the numbers Guzzi used for it back then...

992cc, 102hp@8400rpm, 428lbs.

I'm sure nobody in here would want such a bike as that :oldgit::P I'm thinking thats comparable to a Ducati 750 anyway. If they would make that bike available for 12 thousand or less they would sell a lot of em. :2c: Even if they had to use less than Ohlins suspension to get the price right it would be a fun bike.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... all the mags will pan it and it will sell like deep fried rat sandwiches. Even if it is a fantastic machine and meets everyones expectations Guzzi owners will still moan and complain because that's what we do :grin::grin::grin::huh2:

Umh, Umhhhhh

I loves me some deep-fried rat sammiches.

mgs01_01.jpg

What the heck, put V1200 dual valve in it and I'll take over a base model R1200.

Put a 100+RWHP multivalve and I'll take it over the high end R1200S.

I don't think they would save money putting either in a Sporti Spine frame with Sporti body work. Maybe the swing arm will raise the price $100...

If they want to cut cost, release it with Italian suspension, and Cast alloy wheels, but I would be looking for the Ohlins equipped model, unless they could get the Italian stuff to work right out of the showroom, and forged wheels are probably also worth the extra money.

mgs01v8smoq5.jpg

Guest drknow

mgs01_01.jpg

What the heck, put V1200 dual valve in it and I'll take over a base model R1200.

Put a 100+RWHP multivalve and I'll take it over the high end R1200S.

I don't think they would save money putting either in a Sporti Spine frame with Sporti body work. Maybe the swing arm will raise the price $100...

If they want to cut cost, release it with Italian suspension, and Cast alloy wheels, but I would be looking for the Ohlins equipped model, unless they could get the Italian stuff to work right out of the showroom, and forged wheels are probably also worth the extra money.

mgs01v8smoq5.jpg

Be still my heart! Please do not tease me, I khant beeaar it.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, a street legal MGS-01 would fly out of the dealers.

Maybe Moto Guzzi wants the MGS-01 to retain an aura of unobtainium about them.

If they sold them as street legal, it would do that aura no good if they were getting beat by R1s and GSXRs

Maybe as track only versions they can keep winning BOT races and keep that aura about them.

That's my guess :grin:

The corsa's will always retian an Aura the first Ducati 916's and the series oro F4 MV athough MV keep floggin the high end limited eddition thing a bit too hard IMO.

A street legal MGS yes the styling would see it the slammed over the front riding postion high seat hight high foot pegs and turning circle of an aircraft carrier due to it limited steering lock the inital rush might die off pretty quick. The are an excellent narrow focused track bike but I have one parked next to an 1100 sport and the sport is still a very effective roadbike.