New Griso 1200 4V spotted at Mandello

1100sport

Hello,

I did my initiatic journey to Mandello this week.

When I arrived in front of the large red door, I parked my bike to take THE picture every guzzisti is dreaming of.. At this moment, the red door opens, and a Guzzi Tech comes out with a prototype Griso 1200... I jumped on my bike to follow him.. He went straight to the gaz station at the next block.

Here is the picture I took :

Griso.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news ,so, they are cooking it , finally.

Bunch of sadists :mg: , first they spread the pics and news about new model , then remove them and then work on it. :wacko:

I always knew that there was some perversity in Guzzi :grin: ,is it that's why we get them :whistle:

Hello,

I did my initiatic journey to Mandello this week.

When I arrived in front of the large red door, I parked my bike to take THE picture all guzzisti is dreaming of.. At this moment, the red door opens, and a Guzzi Tech comes out with a prototype Griso 1200... I jumped on my bike to follow him.. He went straight to the gaz station at the next block.

Here is the picture I took :

Griso.jpg

Great picture! How did she sound?

The engine sounds very nice, deep and powerful. I doubt very much that the exhaust was street legal because it was as noisy as my 1100 sport fitted with racing mistral. I think it is strange for Guzzi to test drive an engine in a non streetable form but it is Guzzi and one of the reason I love it is that they do nothing like others...!

The gearing seems short because when he went away the engine reved high very soon. But I am used to the gearing of the 1100 sport with a very tall first gear (which goes up to about 90/100 km/h)

Guest drknow

YAAAAAAAAY! Now if only they would bring it out in an MGS-01 streetbike. Hell, if the Griso could lose 80 lbs that'd even work.

YAAAAAAAAY! Now if only they would bring it out in an MGS-01 streetbike.

Yah...what was all that talk a few months ago that they wouldn't produce any MGS-01 streetbikes because they ran out of 4 valve engines? :huh:

Yah...what was all that talk a few months ago that they wouldn't produce any MGS-01 streetbikes because they ran out of 4 valve engines? :huh:

There must be plenty of the old style 4 valve motors available- there are more MGS01s available in dealers now than ever- my local dealer has 2 new ones in stock. I believe they are built in batches of 10 when there are enough orders.

In my opinion, a street legal MGS-01 would fly out of the dealers.

Maybe Moto Guzzi wants the MGS-01 to retain an aura of unobtainium about them.

If they sold them as street legal, it would do that aura no good if they were getting beat by R1s and GSXRs

Maybe as track only versions they can keep winning BOT races and keep that aura about them.

That's my guess :grin:

Guest drknow

Guys, the MGS01 motor is a RACE motor. Go look at the service schedule and expected parts life. You won't like it!

Pete

Yeah, I've wondered about that. The Dyntec motors making more HP than the MGS-01 have an amazing life span, dozens going over 60,000 km already with zero problems. I wonder what the MGS would be like in a streetbike environment.

Regardless, there's a new 4v-head motor around, and it IS a streetbike motor, and would be easy enough to stuff in that bike.

dk

Regardless, there's a new 4v-head motor around, and it IS a streetbike motor, and would be easy enough to stuff in that bike.

dk

And that's what I reckon you'll see in a couple of years to compete with the RS bimmer twins. I reckon the motor will probably be launched in the Griso as this is Guzzis current flagship, then it will make it's way into the Norge and maybe the big new chook-chasery thing, (Whatever that's called?? The Stelvio or something innit?) then it'll be 'Hotted up' and dropped into a new chassis that will look like a modern sports bike, probably with big, shiny, aluminium frame bits of some sort. Because it will still not be competitive with a GSXR 1200 all the mags will pan it and it will sell like deep fried rat sandwiches. Even if it is a fantastic machine and meets everyones expectations Guzzi owners will still moan and complain because that's what we do :grin::grin::grin::huh2:

Pete