HOW HAPPY YOU ARE?

v11cafe

:thumbsup: just bought my 03 v11 sport its loaded with carbon parts and titanium exhausts!! always looked at mg's but always gone with something else,but at last i have one and only owning it for a day its to early to comment apart from the grin i had all the way home,glad i chose it

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have truly enjoyed this forum more than any other. I find reasons to check it 3-4 times a day. I'm really addicted to the comaraderee, exchange of suggestions, information, tips, etc. . . .

:sun:

Ry you need to look up on the top right hand side of the screen and send Jaap a nice little PayPal thankyou,

like all the other goldmembers on here who like this forum as much as you do! :rolleyes:

No pressure though! :whistle:

Ry you need to look up on the top right hand side of the screen and send Jaap a nice little PayPal thankyou,

like all the other goldmembers on here who like this forum as much as you do! :rolleyes:

What's this about? News to me. Pardon my ignorance. Explain, please. :huh2:

What's this about? News to me. Pardon my ignorance. Explain, please. :huh2:

Orangeokie is on about the paypal link you see on the homepage before you log in, for some reason you dont see the sponsors or paypal link after you have logged in (Or is it just me) :huh2:

Gary :thumbsup:

Orangeokie is on about the paypal link you see on the homepage before you log in, for some reason you dont see the sponsors or paypal link after you have logged in (Or is it just me) :huh2:

Gary :thumbsup:

I see the PayPal link just fine.

here it is though for use guys who are having problems!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...0528ade9efd68d5

My computer bypasses the home page and goes right to technical, so I haven't noticed the soliciation for donations. You may have noticed some of the technical contributions I have made on behalf of the members.

I'm glad to help out and will send Jaap a donation by check. I have wondered about the "goldmember" category, but assumed it was a matter perhaps of longevity or cumulative posts. Now I understand it's about the money.

Not sure why you singled me out, though. I noticed in this thread alone, other "members" which have made intensive and extensive use of this valuable forum a lot more than I have. :huh2:

My computer bypasses the home page and goes right to technical, so I haven't noticed the soliciation for donations. You may have noticed some of the technical contributions I have made on behalf of the members.

I'm glad to help out and will send Jaap a donation by check. I have wondered about the "goldmember" category, but assumed it was a matter perhaps of longevity or cumulative posts. Now I understand it's about the money.

Not sure why you singled me out, though. I noticed in this thread alone, other "members" which have made intensive and extensive use of this valuable forum a lot more than I have. :huh2:

Sorry to put you on the spot. It was done in good fun. We have had a member "fund" drive each August for the past two years. Jaap doesn't have any part of it. Everything is voluntary of course. Each person contributes in his own way. Absolutely no obligation! ;)

hi

first bike ride at 11 years old was a guzzi. i fell off ,hurt knee and hand ,owner of the bike laughed till he saw the broken clutch lever . i was hooked .36 years later i have one , always from about 15 years old kept 1 or 2 bikes or more ,never bought a guzzi because you just don't see them around ,not a lot of dealers around the places that i have lived . after buying the v11sport i did wonder what i have bought after the first ride ,the previous owner had only done 400 miles in 2 years . after riding a aprilia tuono the guzzi felt terrible , stiff and stood up off throttle .emmmm checked the tyre pressures ,the front had 15 pounds in it the back had 19 pounds .. pumped up and then got a huge grin again after taking for a spin . adjusted the bars and levers . now i am really pleased with it ,new set of tyres soon and it will feel better still .so to cut it short a very underrated machine. :)

The Guzzi Lemans has been a dream bike of mine for many years.

In my opinion it is the best looking bike ever, and I love the ride. It puts a smile on my face every time.

My only issue is that I'm still not sure if I can trust her on a long trip. It's a 2002 and I have read about the known issues.

Everytime the Guzzi gets a little tight going into 1st gear I wonder if the spring is going to break. When I press the start button and get nothing, I wonder if I'll be able to get her started and consider myself lucky that I'm not on the Cabot Trail hundreds of miles from any kind of a dealer.

I'd love to take her to Montreal or Cape Breton Nova Scotia but I have doubts.

I put over 230,000 miles on a 1992 Harley and as you might imagine I have made my fair share of side of the road repairs. I'm DONE with that. I've paid my motorcycle dues, so I admit that I am a little shell-shocked about BS motorcycle repairs.

I also have a BMW K1200GT and a K100RS. Between the 2 BMWs 80,000 trouble free miles, but ya know what? AS great as the BMW's are, If I had to keep one bike, it would still be the Guzzi. On paper the BMW blows away the Guzzi but from the seat or the curb, the Guzzi steals my heart.

The Guzzi Lemans has been a dream bike of mine for many years.

In my opinion it is the best looking bike ever, and I love the ride. It puts a smile on my face every time.

My only issue is that I'm still not sure if I can trust her on a long trip. It's a 2002 and I have read about the known issues.

Everytime the Guzzi gets a little tight going into 1st gear I wonder if the spring is going to break. When I press the start button and get nothing, I wonder if I'll be able to get her started and consider myself lucky that I'm not on the Cabot Trail hundreds of miles from any kind of a dealer.

I'd love to take her to Montreal or Cape Breton Nova Scotia but I have doubts.

I put over 230,000 miles on a 1992 Harley and as you might imagine I have made my fair share of side of the road repairs. I'm DONE with that. I've paid my motorcycle dues, so I admit that I am a little shell-shocked about BS motorcycle repairs.

I also have a BMW K1200GT and a K100RS. Between the 2 BMWs 80,000 trouble free miles, but ya know what? AS great as the BMW's are, If I had to keep one bike, it would still be the Guzzi. On paper the BMW blows away the Guzzi but from the seat or the curb, the Guzzi steals my heart.

Throw a shifter return spring and a handful of relays in the tank bag and do the Cabot man! I did 1500-1700 miles up in Nova Scotia without so much as a hiccup mechanically (other than the broken bolt that happened in Boston that resulted in a cracked pork chop).

I'm not too far away from you in Salem, and there is starting to be a rather healthy contingent of Guzzi's around here now. If you want to hook up for a ride in the future, let me know!

Throw a shifter return spring and a handful of relays in the tank bag and do the Cabot man! I did 1500-1700 miles up in Nova Scotia without so much as a hiccup mechanically (other than the broken bolt that happened in Boston that resulted in a cracked pork chop).

I'm not too far away from you in Salem, and there is starting to be a rather healthy contingent of Guzzi's around here now. If you want to hook up for a ride in the future, let me know!

Sounds good! I actually picked up my Guzzi from the Ducati place in Beverly near you. Do you ever go to Euro night at Moto Market in Acton?

I guess I have to do a little more research on how to replace the spring. I thought the shaft was also an issue and digging into the tranny may at this point be beyond my capabilities. Actually I'd assume you have to pull out the tranny no?

Relays have all been changed. Still an issue so it may be time to dig under the tank. That I can handle.

Ok, I guess my goal shall be to be confident in the bike by next summer's Nova Scotia trip!