HOW HAPPY YOU ARE?

v11cafe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doomed from the start dad with auto repair shop and step dad in snap-on tools. Cursed into spinning wrenches. Always been into bikes four wheelers off road stuff. Didnt have the cash for street bike but wanted one for very long time. So when the time came for me to buck up with some money to spend i really didnt know what i wanted. I knew ther was no chance in a harley i cant ride the same bike as the guy who does my taxes no way to cookie cutter. I took a ride on a freinds new boni black it was cool but not quite what i really wanted not even the thruxton really did it for me. Having been brought up in the car racket I've been able to take some drives behind the wheel of some cool rides old and new but always got my rock off in older hot rods. The nice noise out the tailpipes and the slight out of control feeling as rear end slides around (Ive got heavy right foot.) But i also enjoy a nice 911 smoooth handling great driver feed back. So when i took Steve's sport for a ride by the time i was at the end of the street that it was the bike for me. I was now in the market for a guzzi then I found out that my buddy worked with a guy who had two guzzis (MikeC) and one was green with a red frame just what I wanted. After having my buddy ask him many times to sell it he finnaly gave her up , even though I could tell his daughter was not happy about the sale. But i promised to take good care of her and he can take her for a ride anytime he wants. Now that i rambled on way to long I could not be happier I put about 4500 miles on the bike this year. Not bad for a guy with two kids under six i was told. There is no chance in hell anyone will ever get me to give her up not a chance. :mg::bier:

I couldn't have been happier with my silver 2000 V11. It was unique, looked great, felt great, sounded awsome and everyone asked about it, even non-motorcycling folks. Then some yahoo (I think he works at an auto shop) two doors down from me bought a green 2000. Its like everyone has one now............and to make it worse, his is prettier.

Damn it!!!!

:lol:

I've put about 15,000 miles on the Ballabio this year (probably more....damn speedo) and out of all the bikes I've owned in my life is the only one that every time I drive it, I fall more in love. I can't really explain it. Like what has been said here, not super fast, heavy, not great fuel mileage, but still...... I love the sound, the way it handles and how it rewards me for taking the time to really understand it's handling.

I actually love it so much, that I bought a Tonti frame to restore into a Cafe' bike to see how it compares to the spine frame bikes and see if it is even more soulful. I'm afraid that the Tonti will be even more addicting and am probably overly excited to complete the project and drive it. My fear is that I will love this and decide I need to experience a Loop frame next. :lol:

The bottom line for me with my Guzzi, is whenever I'm not driving it, I'm thinking of driving it. No other bike has ever done that to me.

I have truly enjoyed this forum more than any other. I find reasons to check it 3-4 times a day. I'm really addicted to the comaraderee, exchange of suggestions, information, tips, etc. That's on top of the bike's design and character, which I am enthralled with.

I'm actually happy it isn't perfect as it comes from the factory. It gives me the opportunity to work on it with the skillful guidance from others that have gone before me in the quest to make the bike perfect. That makes it more my personal bike and friend. Love the way it runs and rides, too!

I first decided I wanted a Guzzi in 1969, and I'm sorry it took so long.

Getting familiar with how it works while fixing the few defects it has, which are all really minor as far as I am concerned, builds my confidence it will not let me down out on the road.

:sun:

I am still in the TBD category. I bought the Guzzi specifically so I wouldn't have to work on it. Although I am finding it is very easy so far... I have too many bikes that I won't let ( yeah right, like I could find someone to work on them...)others work on and I feel a "modern" bike, that I can take to the dealer for repairs, allows me some freedom. I don't have enough miles on the bike to have full character saturation but I have enjoyed it so far. The only thing that is hanging over my head is that I sold my MVF4 with the distinct purpose of getting a bike that was comfortable over longer distances and I don't think my Lemans is more comfortable...so when I compare it to the MV is is a bit underwhelming, in every sense. But with that said, I feel the Guzzi will shine in the long term with high reliability and of course this forum and the knowledge base ( plus my recently purchased copy of Guzziology) will make even the most difficult chores possible.

Happy with my V11?

When I'm thundering along an empty twisty mountain pass in Europe, the sun shining on the snowy tops, Mistrals barking as I redline it in each gear, breathing in fresh alpine air while I enjoy the stable Ohlins inspired handling, then I'm as happy as a dog with two dicks.

Guy :helmet:

I have truly enjoyed this forum more than any other. I find reasons to check it 3-4 times a day. I'm really addicted to the comaraderee, exchange of suggestions, information, tips, etc. That's on top of the bike's design and character, which I am enthralled with.

I'm actually happy it isn't perfect as it comes from the factory. It gives me the opportunity to work on it with the skillful guidance from others that have gone before me in the quest to make the bike perfect. That makes it more my personal bike and friend. Love the way it runs and rides, too!

I first decided I wanted a Guzzi in 1969, and I'm sorry it took so long.

Getting familiar with how it works while fixing the few defects it has, which are all really minor as far as I am concerned, builds my confidence it will not let me down out on the road.

:sun:

Righto, Ryland. This forum is not too big or too small. Most of the folks are great people. Good info all around. :thumbsup:

Thank god it isn't perfect from the factory. Fine tuning both the engine and suspension is half the fun.

I always had a place reserved in my garage for a V7 sport but never came across one. One day several years ago at a Norton meet, a local guy showed up on a V11 sport. First one I saw on the street. He let me ride it and I was hooked instantly. :wub:

Even when she sits in the garage, the Tenni brings a smile to my face every time I am out there. Even now, with too much maintenance to do (I have put off a lot to squeeze in extra riding days) I don't think about how much work there is to do. I simply see a very satisfying beast that will be even better when I am done with my work.

This bike elevates ownership to involvement more than any other I have owned (except the GS1100, which 'involved' a lot of repairs to the electrical system) and I don't mind it a bit.

I would say I am very happy with this motorcycle. I may someday own another bike, but will always have the Tenni; she is the Yin to my Yang in the motorcycle universe.

It's a Zen/Quality thing. No-one puts it better than Robert Pirsig:

"The place to improve the World is first in one's own heart and hands, and then work outward from there. Other people can talk about the destiny of mankind. I just want to talk about how to fix a motorcycle......." ['Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance']

He might have been talking about Guzzi ownership [although his hero rode a 450 Honda]!

Start with a V11 if you will; I started with something rather older - same principle. V11s fit the bill, however, as few other bikes do. My own isn't perfect: sometimes it isn't in the mood, sometimes I'm not, sometimes it tells me what's wrong, sometimes it leaves me to work it out. It replaced a modern Triumph that was perfect every time out, from the crate until I sold it in 2004, but there are those times when only a proper Guzzi will do. A V11 is authentic damn it! :rasta:

Until last year I had never even thought about a Guzzi, like many of you I started out on Japanese stuff and stuck with them for years and always wanted the latest thing but after a long break from riding just wanted something a bit different.

I have owned 4 Guzzi's now still have 3 and must admit I'm very happy with all of them and love riding a bike that I like and not told by the masses I should like. My only gripe is that i'm about 50 miles from my closest dealer and find that I have to keep on top of the bikes to keep them looking good.

First time i'd taken my V11 out for a good ride yesterday and must admit i'm well impressed and now know why these things have got such a big fan club.

Cheers

Skippy

Roll on summer! :mg:

HAPPY YES. I HAVE HAD A VARIETY OF BIKES FROM HARLEY TO NINJA. I HAVE HAD MY 98 EV FOR YEARS BUT HAVE ALWAYS LIKED THE LE MANS. I FINALLY GOT ONE AND I LOVE IT. MY DAD HAS A 73 ELDORADO, 98 EV AND A 04 EV TOURING. WHEN HE BROUGHT HOME HIS FIST GUZZI (98 EV), I TOOK IT FOR A RIDE. WHEN I GOT BACK I TOLD MY DAD I NEED ONE OF THESE. TWO WEEKS LATER I DROVE FROM NEBRASKA TO NEW YORK, AND BOUGHT MY 98 EV. TWO DAYS LATER I TOOK A 1800 mi RIDE TO THE BLACK HILLS AND STURGIS. WE ARE STUCK ON GUZZI'S.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

METAZ :thumbsup:

Picture001_2.jpg