HOW HAPPY YOU ARE?

v11cafe

Guzzi ownership brought to my motorcycle life a feeling of calm, relaxation :whistle:

and it"s like the ad of Jack Daniels.. time is sloooooooo....www.

I used to buy many moto mags, to know last models, details, Hp, ......and so on,

I felt bad when a new model of my bike was arriving in the market, because newest is always better....,

and although I enjoyed driving my bike , I was in a constant alert, to change it, save some value

and add money to go for the next one....

Now, only for that MG saved me a lot of money , no mags ( at least in regular basis),

no envy for new models :P (even for new MG),

no money for the loony doc, (do I have the better bike , doc???),...

On the other hand, I learn German and Italian to read the Workshop manuals, :P:

my hands are more often black, :luigi:

I order my parts from the internet,..... since Guzzi after sales service is as always very basic, :ninja:

and people wonder what"s the problem with me when I stop for 15 minutes :rasta: looking at a parked Guzzi.

Is that happiness my Doctor??????? :mg:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack

I do b'lieve you've grasped the essence of Guzziship here, my friend!

When one finally jumps off the "bigger and faster is always better" merry-go-round, and stops chasing false illusions of the virtues of "the latest is always the greatest", it's actually possible to enjoy riding and owning motorcycles in ways not possible otherwise.

The very best therapy doesn't come from pseudo science degrees, popular delusions, and imaginary afflictions invented by quacks and extortion artists. . . ;)

:mg:

You've hit it.

I still buy all of the magazines and read about everything new, but when I lust for a new model, I just ride the Guzzi and am completely satisfied. It was the bike of choice this past season more often than any other bike in the stable. The motor has enough character to allow me to keep my Commando on a stand in my office and that pretty much says it all.

:thumbsup:

Yes, very happy. The bike has the reliability of a new machine with the character of a vintage cafe racer. It handles much better than I do. It looks like a MOTOR cycle not a plastic blob with wheels. And it sounds great with aftermarket exhaust. What's not to like? I just wish it wasn't 40 degrees out or I'd go for a ride right now! Joe

So I bought a 2002 Lemans at the beginning of summer. An amateur motorcycle enthusiast I didnt know much about MG other than they looked tough. Did lots of research and found a "pride of ownership" on this sight that was unique. These werent the latest, fastest, most expensive bikes around. I didnt understand it. So I found the bike on craigslist, flew to California and knew it was the right bike seconds after getting on it. I have owned it for six months, put three thousand miles on it, and loving it more and more each day. This bike rides, feels and sounds unlike anything I've ever ridden (albeit limited riding experience). I now understand it. Also, if you're into being seen, everyone looks.

I suppose I fall into the grass is always greener on the other side category and I keep dreaming but not implementing ways to have a better bike.

A lot of bikes offer more this and more that, but the V11 offers more of what I want.

Still it is overweight, under-powered, burns too much fuel, and the ergonomics are less than ideal.

The new Quatro Valvole models are promising, but the Stelvio and Griso don't move me like the Sport does.

I really want to see Guzzi produce something that looks long thin and classic, like a Tonti "Sport".

A 100RWHP bike with 50MPG US (so it can get by on a 4 gallon tank)

Alpina wheels, Ohlins suspension, longer, lower, and lighter than what I have got.

A custom bike would bring me the greatest happiness, some day....

My Scura has been off the road for a year waiting on me replacing the failure prone clutch. When I get a chance to ride I ride my Tonti. But I guess it doesn't bother me much, it's a Guzzi, it'll be sorted one day, it's probably here for my lifetime, so I guess I must be happy with it :mg: ...

Yea...just sitting here thinking about it I'm happy.

When I've got it twisted over in an 80mph sweeper and feel like I could

reach in my tank bag and fish out my other sun glasses and put 'em on @ the same time I'm ecstatic. I'm all excited about my friends R1200R BMW Monster but my LeMans is more me.

37000mi of punishment and ready for more.

Once I get mine painted it will be love all over again, and funny even with the clip-ons the Guzzi feels like a cruiser compared to the Ape. They both fit thier roles nicely. AND yes I stopped to talk to a nice fellow in redwing, actually made a illegal uturn as I was like WHAT a CENTAURO, you never see those!!! :thumbsup: