HOW HAPPY YOU ARE?

v11cafe

Sounds good! I actually picked up my Guzzi from the Ducati place in Beverly near you. Do you ever go to Euro night at Moto Market in Acton?

I guess I have to do a little more research on how to replace the spring. I thought the shaft was also an issue and digging into the tranny may at this point be beyond my capabilities. Actually I'd assume you have to pull out the tranny no?

Relays have all been changed. Still an issue so it may be time to dig under the tank. That I can handle.

Ok, I guess my goal shall be to be confident in the bike by next summer's Nova Scotia trip!

The tranny spring is not hard to change, you don't have to pull the tranny, but personally I wouldn't want to do it on the road. Mine broke this past summer about 20 miles from home so I got a ride home from a coworker, got my trailer, hauled it home and fixed it (I already had the replacement). If you're real worried about the spring just replace it. The instructions with pictures are on the forum somewhere. edit: here's one thread that I bookmarked; http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ic=2905&hl=

Jackboots,

I used to live in Chelmsford and still commute through there every day. I'm no expert but I'd be happy to help you out with your spring replacement . :luigi:

PS How happy am I with my Lemans? Very happy! :sun:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tranny spring is not hard to change, you don't have to pull the tranny, but personally I wouldn't want to do it on the road. Mine broke this past summer about 20 miles from home so I got a ride home from a coworker, got my trailer, hauled it home and fixed it (I already had the replacement). If you're real worried about the spring just replace it. The instructions with pictures are on the forum somewhere. edit: here's one thread that I bookmarked; http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ic=2905&hl=

Jackboots,

I used to live in Chelmsford and still commute through there every day. I'm no expert but I'd be happy to help you out with your spring replacement . :luigi:

PS How happy am I with my Lemans? Very happy! :sun:

So how do you access it? From the underside bottom of the bike? IS there a cover there that you drop?

I may just take you up on the assistance. I do appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind.

No heat in my garage so it won't be for a while.

Do you go to Moto Mart for euro night?

Thanks

So how do you access it? From the underside bottom of the bike? IS there a cover there that you drop?

I may just take you up on the assistance. I do appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind.

No heat in my garage so it won't be for a while.

Do you go to Moto Mart for euro night?

Thanks

You have to remove the shifter plate on the left side of the tranny. To do that you remove the starter, the shifter & linkage, and maybe the rear shock reservoir. The hardest part of the operation for me was getting the shifter plate back on correctly. I know how to do it now.

I got all the info I needed to do the job by searching this forum. Search is your friend ;)

I haven't been to Euro night at Moto Market, but I know a few guys who do go. The only euro bike event I try to attend is IMOC in Sturbridge.

My only issue is that I'm still not sure if I can trust her on a long trip. It's a 2002 and I have read about the known issues.

I have a 2002 Tenni and threw caution to the wind.

I've ridden 60,000 km away from home and it only left me stranded 1 time.

I forgave her :wub:

Guest boabcomo

Tom m said, "you don't have to pull the tranny, but personally I wouldn't want to do it on the road."

I pulled a tranny by mistake once in Thailand!!!!

I recovered however and now I'm so *u*kin' happy it's difficult to contain sometimes. All my bikes run well and look beautiful and I'm soon to pick-up my latest little beaut' - 1958 Lodola in Milan - Taranto race trim. Oh yeah, I also have a dream job working with Guzzis.

Life doesn't get much better my friends.

Then I take a look at what's going on in the world outside mine...