Belstaff Jackets

Orson

Ratchet Surprise Claim Revealed –

"I'm a Dutchman/woman"!

Oh yeah, Im sure that Jaap will be delighted with this shocker.

I can see what's coming next.

Ratchet: Another Surprise Claim Revealed –

"Jaap is my secret Dutch lovechild"

The Guzzi fetish, the black lycra passion – it's in the genes.

:mg::ninja:

:oldgit:

Hmm... It's all coming together now. He comes from generations of Guzzi riding Americans who like to jump women that prefer women. Tis a rare breed. Or maybe not... :o

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack
Ratchet Surprise Claim Revealed –

"I'm a Dutchman/woman"!

Oh yeah, Im sure that Jaap will be delighted with this shocker.

Really now BFG. . . Wot dark and long-festering anxiety may lurk behind this particular spontaneous eruption today, praytell??

Perhaps I've offended you directly somehow? Or is it more likely my general demeanor -- or even more likely (just a hunch), is it my "uncommon" points of view on so many subjects unrelated to this thread that so grate upon your er, sensibilities that you're helplessly compelled to direct your um, creativity my way? :huh2:

Enquiring minds (well, you know. . .) :lol:

i have a waxed cotton barbour that i wear here in sunny new york city, purely for fashion(!) if i ever got the time maybe i'd sew some CE armor pockets in it (tartan, of course), but even so, i'd probably never wear it out riding... one false move by a cab driver and i'll have that waxed cotton stink mixed in with my blood!

ya know, it just occured to me that a barbour jacket says "hey, here's a guy who has a bit of extra money to spend on an overpriced piece of antiquated technology that usually performs somewhere between ok and moderately well when you need it to, but sometimes not at all. even though you can get a better performing model for much cheaper, i find myself oddly attracted to it".

not unlike a particular marque of motor-sicle, eh?

• 4 weeks later...
i have a waxed cotton barbour that i wear here in sunny new york city, purely for fashion(!) if i ever got the time maybe i'd sew some CE armor pockets in it (tartan, of course), but even so, i'd probably never wear it out riding... one false move by a cab driver and i'll have that waxed cotton stink mixed in with my blood!

ya know, it just occured to me that a barbour jacket says "hey, here's a guy who has a bit of extra money to spend on an overpriced piece of antiquated technology that usually performs somewhere between ok and moderately well when you need it to, but sometimes not at all. even though you can get a better performing model for much cheaper, i find myself oddly attracted to it".

not unlike a particular marque of motor-sicle, eh?

A huge amount of accuracy in the above statement!!

Ciao, Steve

I can see what's coming next.

Ratchet: Another Surprise Claim Revealed –

"Jaap is my secret Dutch lovechild"

The Guzzi fetish, the black lycra passion – it's in the genes.

:mg::ninja:

:oldgit:

:o oh my god....

Jaap is Ratchethack's love-child.

This is what I 'spected all along :o

• 1 month later...

Lovely. If I cut it up I could make, oh, about 500 fashionably rustic, comfy, waterproof pencil cases. Sell 499 of them for 10 squid.... that's £4,990. Lovely.

Lovely. If I cut it up I could make, oh, about 500 fashionably rustic, comfy, waterproof pencil cases. Sell 499 of them for 10 squid.... that's £4,990. Lovely.

Check the size. 200 at best.

I'm not sure anyone who wore an XS one would have the strength to bend the arms.......

I'm not sure anyone who wore an XS one would have the strength to bend the arms.......

Six stone weakling they might be but they will SMELL like a wet bear and LOOK so odd that everyone will be afraid of them, even the big bloke who used to kick sand in their face at the beach!

Pete

:o oh my god....

Jaap is Ratchethack's love-child.

This is what I 'spected all along :o

Somehow this part of the thread got by me (luckily). I'm not sure how to react. All I can say on the subject is that I won't be able to sleep for a week or two.

Were are all those Xanax spam messages when you need them?

• 4 months later...

Illogical: moi?!

Saw this:

"Speaking of The Look, the Barbour is also instantly recognizable by its classic signature tartan interior cotton lining, which is also very comfortable. And best of all is the "Made in England" label, along with its gaggle of Royal seals, attesting to Barbour's official appointments to various Kings and Queens.

The International certainly doesn't replace any of the modern motorcycle jackets with their high-tech fabrics, CE-approved armor, Gore-Tex liners and Nylon zippers. The decision to buy a Barbour International comes from the same set of illogical emotions that "force" one to come to the decision that only a Moto Guzzi Le Mans, Ducati Paul Smart 1000 or Triumph Thruxton will do as the next bike.

Owners of those classics or any other vintage British or European make will surely want to complete The Look by going all the way with an International. And while you're at it, how about a pudding bowl helmet and some stringback gloves?"

Owners of those classics or any other vintage British or European make will surely want to complete The Look by going all the way with an International. And while you're at it, how about a pudding bowl helmet and some stringback gloves?"

So, it's settled then...poseur fashionista kit :D

still oddly attracted to "The Look", although not attracted to the price they want to achieve that look.

"The Look"

I might make it obligatory for all attendees at the 2009 UK meet to come suitably attired.

And imagine the smell around the campfire:

oily wax seeping from the riders and unburnt 'Euro lll' lean emissions wafting from the bikes

~ memorable ~

PS

I have 3 jackets of various design and size and 1 very old pair of trousers, so if you can't afford to buy into The Look (you fibber, Orson) we could set-up a hire service for the weekend.

(I'm thinking that a photo thread is called for, both to illustrate examples of 'suitable attire'

– and to vet aspiring event attendees.)