Intresting Guzzi

macguzzi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The carb idea is cool. No plenum on the intake, though.

I've often thought that a Webber DCOE on a custom intake might be a fun project.

The biggest problem I see with this bike is with the exhaust. I guess this guy doesn't go around curves because that thing has absolutely no ground clearance with the headers routed like that and mufflers along the bottom frame rails...

If nothing else it's a very clean look. I like it. ;) I would think that 2 carbs would be better than one for tuning's sake, however. :huh2:

What 2 carbs per side? :lol: Maybe like this one. B)

p7220457hr1.th.jpg

quadcarb1yq6.th.jpg

quadcarb3hz8.th.jpg

quadcarb2qk1.th.jpg

p7220456pu7.th.jpg

A very trick bit of kit.

GJ

What 2 carbs per side? :lol: Maybe like this one.

A very trick bit of kit.

GJ

Looks like the Tavola brothers race bike?

I meet them at Nogaro (Gers, France) 2 years ago during the Coyote's Days (a classic bike meeting/racing event).

Really fine people, very helpful and happy to share their knowledge.

--

Francis Chartier

99 PHM41 V11Sport

93 1000 Strada

98 350 Jawa

Looks like the Tavola brothers race bike?

I meet them at Nogaro (Gers, France) 2 years ago during the Coyote's Days (a classic bike meeting/racing event).

Really fine people, very helpful and happy to share their knowledge.

Could well be - I've seen it 2 years running at the Trofeo Rosso @ Le Vigeant circuit in July.

I'll be there this year so if I get the chance I'll ask a few questions about it.

GJ

Guest ratchethack
This here now is a more fun based approach, with perfect results under this aspect

twincarbsw4.jpg

Hubert

Somebody's gotta, and now I just have to. . . Well, there's certainly no accounting for taste. . . :huh2:

Another pathetically sad conversion of what was once a fine machine into a hideous, unrideable boat anchor. :vomit:

Far beyond the truly nauseating clash of colors that first so brutally assaults the eye, this is one of the most revolting and reprehensible abominations I have ever seen inflicted upon a Guzzi. The mortal wounds of "artwork" go far deeper than paint, clear to the bone. The malignancy that has engulfed this bike has very evidently metastasized to all parts, including the frame, and appears to be decidedly irreversible. It should be crushed immediately and recycled before it causes an outbreak of fevered, sweating nightmares.

The lengths to which some posers will go for a little notice. . . I'm sure the "creator" is proud of the "attention" this undoubtedly gets. But you just know he's mistaking lots o' those looks of "appreciation" for sheer, abject horror. <_<

The mere thought of how Carlo Guzzi, Giovanni Ravelli and Giorgio Parodi would have reacted upon encountering this desecration today. . . The mind reels. . . Back in their day, such truly disturbing expressions of Popular Kulture psychosis were hardly conceivable.

-- but o' course, that's just me. :P

Where's Big Paulie, Little Paulie, and Mikey?! :(

This here now is a more fun based approach, with perfect results under this aspect

twincarbsw4.jpg

Hubert

One person's fun is another's bilious abomination. In case I am just thick, could someone please explain:

1. the lack of front mudguard

2. the wildly offest double choke carb

3. the odd brackety thing under the gearbox

4. last, but not least, by a long, long way, the ski pole

One person's fun is another's bilious abomination. In case I am just thick, could someone please explain:

1. the lack of front mudguard

2. the wildly offest double choke carb

3. the odd brackety thing under the gearbox

1- Chopper ethic

2- See above

3- Battery holder?

4- Handle for shop stand? Hand shift (see 1 & 2)?

:huh:

Guest ratchethack
. . .could someone please explain:

. . . last, but not least, by a long, long way, the ski pole

Given the dark, Vlad Dracul (the impaler) hallucinations that no doubt inspired this monstrosity, I'd venture that by the looks o' those "lay down" shocks, that encountering a big whooper with the rear wheel would instantly bottom the rear end, launching the rider straight up off that little red bicycle seat. Now if he managed to hold on to the bars and came back down again, one imagines the rider impaling himself on that menacingly pointed shifter at the most er, obvious point of entry, clear up to his tonsils. . . :moon:

D'you suppose the paramedics would perform a roadside extraction, or that he'd be taken into emergency with the harpoon in place, so as to get X-rays first, and avoid unnecessary loss of critical bodily fluids? :huh:

Things that make you go, EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW. . . "Yard o' colon on a stick". . . :o

It looks like a swanee whistle, Shirley? (Do press play.)

Though why does it have someone's lower leg attached to it?

Somebody's gotta, and now I just have to. . . Well, there's certainly no accounting for taste. . . :huh2:

Another pathetically sad conversion of what was once a fine machine into a hideous, unrideable boat anchor. :vomit:

Fine, fine :D You've ever heard of Joseph Beuys? He'd sure had loved you. This bike's a masterpiece, thanks for you guys doing it the honours :pic:

Hubert

Looks like a hand gearshift to me. Possibly with a foot operated 'suicide' clutch (note lack of lever on left handlebar) or maybe the lever at the top operates the clutch? If that latter is the case then it looks as if there are no foot controls at all given the lack of a rear brake lever.... interesting.

The whole bike looks like an homage to 1930/40s era chops with a sprinkle of updated stuff. Very well executed if not to everyones taste.

GJ

You've ever heard of Joseph Beuys? This bike's a masterpiece,

Hubert

How to Explain Motorbikes to a Dead Hare.

Ah, yes of course: that must be felt wrapped around the pipes.

The two disconnected lower legs: it all starts to make sense in a C20th Conceptual, with a capital C, way.

Skeeve was onto it with the Chopper concept. Careful with that axe Eugene – another leg anyone?