SMOKED A V-ROD THIS WEEKEND

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack
OMG ratchet, tell me it isn't so, the dominican Monti's, Romeo's, upman, they're all part of Altidis and in my opion taste the same, too bland, no excitment, Try some of the tatuaje's or on a budget the Gurhka's shaggy's or if you've got the money really splurge on a God of Fire cigar, if you want something pretty good for a bargain price the Punch Rare Corojo's are great as are Kristoffs, CAO makes some really good smokes as well, Ashton makes some great smokes but are spendy. I'm personally boycotting Altidis BLEH! I ever make it down by San Deigo way I'll buy you a schwarzenegger worthy smoke and we'll talk shop. :rasta:

Hey thanks for the recommendations, DeBen. I've been getting Montecristo's by the case for many years, and don't generally go for the heavier, full bodied Corojos, though occasionally I do get a hankerin'. . . but God of Fire cigar?! Sounds like sumpin' pretty nasty out of a volcano on the Isle of King Kong. . . :o

There seems to be more noise lately over the potential of the US lifting the embargo, even before Fidel is, umm, in the ground? I'm no cigarro cognoscenti, and I haven't been following this, but ain't even the possibility pretty big stuff? I know that many of the big name cigar co's that fled Cooba have been entertaining the possibility of returning "some day". . .

Enquiring minds . . . (well, you know) ;)

EDIT: My Q above was answered fully by the leading front page article of yesterday's Wall Street Journal. Lest anything to follow be construed political (heaven forefend!) and bring the wrath of the Probation Officer, I'll just summarize by saying that yes, there seems to be a pretty good expectation for a "gradual" lifting of the embargo, which would o' course, be about the best thing to happen to the cigarro industry in 50 years. But there's little reason to expect anything moving forward soon, regardless of how long it takes el maximo lider to kick the bucket. :rolleyes:

As Ismael, a Habana cab driver (who declined to give his last name) was quoted, "I think death is going to have to come here and get [Fidel], because this guy, he doesn't die easily." :whistle:

Smoked a Montecristo double corona (Dominican) this weekend. I thought it was noteworthy. :wub::thumbsup:

NOTICE to Probation Officer: The following question is NOT POLITICAL.

D'you reckon we'll be able to get Cuban Montecristo's -- even Cohiba Habanos, now that Fidel has finally stepped down (since he seems to be rapidly approaching ambient temperature)?

Enquiring minds . . . (well, you know). :whistle:

Not political?

Yah, and I'll bet you never inhale :rasta:

I smoked something once on a beach in San Diego.

All i remember is getting very hungry,and finishing off a full loaf of bread.

Weird.

Hey, at least you remembered it :P

l personally don't know how some of the guys can smoke them cigars, :vomit: taste and smell like s@*t, but then again thats just me, l never did :rasta: get it...

l do love smoking Hawgs and cruisers in general, however, they are kinda easy, sorta sitting ducks, and no, l don't always bash the bikes from H.D. they are now very well made and finished, probably the best in the bike world. Just built for a different type of rider. Lots of great H.D. guys out there, but also alot of ....well, the type who gets picked on in forums like this!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Hey thanks for the recommendations, DeBen. I've been getting Montecristo's by the case for many years, and don't generally go for the heavier, full bodied Corojos, though occasionally I do get a hankerin'. . . but God of Fire cigar?! Sounds like sumpin' pretty nasty out of a volcano on the Isle of King Kong. . . :o

"God of Fire" cigars are like a light opus X, if you like the lighter stuff really give CAO golds a try, they're great and not expensive, if you h ave some money the Zino Platnium Stouts will put anything from monticristo to shame. I hope the ban is lifted soon, although there are plenty of non-cuban cigars that get better ratings, still would like to try more than the handful I've been able to get ahold of. <_>

What is it about H-D V-rod riders? The same thing happen to me while I was out on my 1200 Sport. The guy also had his lady on the back. I just passed him as we were approaching a light. We were alongside each other at the light; the guy nor the woman would look my way as I tried to catch their eye to say hello. Okay, so we went for it and we were dead even untill I said "enough." I was actually surprise that I could stay with him as I know the performance numbers of the V-rod. Without a passanger he would have kicked my butt. My first instinct after arriving home was to send my motor off to Dynotec in Germany for some more 'horses.' Maturity and better sense prevailed - for the momment.

I like those ACIDs they even got a guy on a sport bike on the box. kuba kuba are my fav. If you never had one try one out

OH, I've tried every acid they make and the KubaKuba is the best they offer, the 1400CC is a great lightweight smoke but acid can't be beat for a desert cigar or after a pleasant ride. I like to mix my hobbies so often my outings involve smoke shops in a zigzag long way around kind of approach. That or the beach Gurkha's Grand Reserve is a must try if you like the acids, flavored with really expensive louisIV's congac not cheap at $15-50 a stick but the glass tube makes it easy to carry in your leathers ^_^

Tomorrow night I will probably see V-ROD guy at the watering hole, he will probably have a little different attitude, besides a loss is a loss right?

Anyway, the only thing I learned from this is...............IF I SEE A FAT GUY ON A V-ROD, HE IS TOAST!

OH, I've tried every acid they make and the KubaKuba is the best they offer, the 1400CC is a great lightweight smoke but acid can't be beat for a desert cigar or after a pleasant ride. I like to mix my hobbies so often my outings involve smoke shops in a zigzag long way around kind of approach. That or the beach Gurkha's Grand Reserve is a must try if you like the acids, flavored with really expensive louisIV's congac not cheap at $15-50 a stick but the glass tube makes it easy to carry in your leathers ^_^

Next time I am at the smoke shop Ill try one out i like the sound of congac

Thanks Ben

Brent

Just and Update......V-Rod guy did not show up at bike night Fri. I rode up on my HD SX250, just to fit in. (It was 40% chance of rain, that's too big a chance when you have to spend 4 hrs. cleaning and poilishing)

Just and Update......V-Rod guy did not show up at bike night Fri. I rode up on my HD SX250, just to fit in. (It was 40% chance of rain, that's too big a chance when you have to spend 4 hrs. cleaning and poilishing)

Thats why I want the crossbones, just hose it off and go, thats what I like about it, I was never into crome, kinda bugs me that blackedout is coming back, obviously you wouldn't think I like that with the bikes I own BUT those are sporty bikes, I like flashy sporty bikes and rugged looking cruisers, a cruiser has nothing to do with flash for me.