SMOKED A V-ROD THIS WEEKEND

A sterotypical Harley Rider has been mouthing off at the local bike night in Jacksonville. I had made the comment one night that I would like to see what the Lemans could do against his V-rod. :bike: He just laughed and said he didn't want to embarrase me.........This went on for a couple of months, "I can smoke you with my girlfriend on the back".......I"I have had alot of work done on this".......etc, etc. It was all in fun of course. Finally he asked me to ride down to Daytona over the weekend to make the monthy pilgrimage to "Harley Heaven", (I think it keeps their warranty valid or something)

So the guy shows up 15 minutes late with his girlfriend on the back, I'm not kidding. I was dissapointed to say the least, thinking I wouldn't get to test him.....but halfway down to St. Augustine, he pulls up next to me and invites me for a little run. I am not one to back off, so I signaled him to go and we went for it. I immediately passed him and kept the lead up until about 120 mph, when we both shut down.

Okay, so he was riding two up.........their combined weight was more like one normal size Harley Rider.........Regardless, he didn't have much to say after that.

He didn't even offer to run me by himself........ :mg:

Is this noteworthy? Has anybody run a V-Rod successfully?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a drag race is the yardstick, A V-rod should walk away from a V11 with a solo rider. What's noteworthy is, it is a testament to the brain power of the loud mouth rider thinking he could match you with his "ollady" on the back.

I find it most satisfying to pass harleys of any type on curvy roads. Then the rider has to explain that is either his bike or his ability that is faulty. Either way they usually shut up.

*this message was not intended to be any type of personal attack or political statement*

Harleys and their riders, and their riders attitutes,......God bless them ^_^

l've always enjoyed running up behind them, waiting patiently for them to concede, or even acknowledge the fact that a faster bike has come up and will pass, then after a bit, cruising past while they are running hard and breathless......fun :D

thats the most fun, when they drcide that they own the road and are determined to stay in front, l've even had a group go four wide on a 4-lane road to stop me from getting by. Not being a total road idiot l waited until we got to the twisties and .....good bye!

Not to say that all hawg riders are challenged or too full of themselves, but they are an easy target and always fun to fly by

I know the feeling, I was trying to pass a couple of G- Wings on US1 not long ago and two Harley riders were in the left lane and just stayed behind the Wings enough to make it a risky move for me to go around. Finally after several miles of this I got by, this time the Harley riders were in a TAHOE, (they had Harley stickers on back)!

I am anxious to see how my V-Rod friend spins the tale of the Lemans, something tells me he will be at the Harley dealership ording "stage 3". :notworthy:

I had a similar dealing with a Vrod too bad it wasn't getting onto the freeway or not in a residential area because I didn't know we were racing till he screamed past me so I gunned it and kept up but I'm sure if I had known I needed to hammer the throttle it'd have been close but I might have edged him out, funny considering his is an all new only few year old state of the art water cooled engine from porche, and mine is a 40 year old using 80 year old technology lump :lol:

I like HD riders for their altitude about bikes... Mine is best and I don't care if that's true or not...

mechanic of HD dealer in Czech has Griso 1100... Has been told to park his bike in the back so customers woudn't ask the boss all the time, what the hell is that lovely machine?

anyway, there are better things than declassing HD riders... Like declassing friends wit shiny gsxrrrrrrs B)^_^

I like HD riders for their altitude about bikes... Mine is best and I don't care if that's true or not...

anyway, there are better things than declassing HD riders... Like declassing friends wit shiny gsxrrrrrrs B)^_^

Hey Slav, I agree, Harleys are completely the same, but different than the MG. A properly sorted Harley is a great ride. I've owned several, all old, dependable, and the air cooled twin feel is like no other :grin: . I'm sure most of the taunting is good natured, but many who might not have "tasted the forbidden fruit" would come right around with one good ride on a chopped 93" Panhead, in a rigid frame, ROWDY!!!! WOO-HOOOOOO!!! Ride on! S.H.

The other day a 50cc scooter passed me while I was riding my Ducati at 30mph in traffic- did he smoke me? I certainly did not feel like racing him- was too busy enjoing the sunshine to play boy racers.

V Rods can be fast- seen them at Santa Pod when I've been Run Wot Ya Brung drag racing- even a standard one is about a second quicker than a V11 on the strip. Throw some bends in and I reckon a V11 would be quicker with simlarly matched riders.

Guy :helmet:

Guest ratchethack

Smoked a Montecristo double corona (Dominican) this weekend. I thought it was noteworthy. :wub::thumbsup:

NOTICE to Probation Officer: The following question is NOT POLITICAL.

D'you reckon we'll be able to get Cuban Montecristo's -- even Cohiba Habanos, now that Fidel has finally stepped down (since he seems to be rapidly approaching ambient temperature)?

Enquiring minds . . . (well, you know). :whistle:

post-1212-1203466368.jpg

hmmm..I believe a V Rod has about 30 hp on a Spinney.

Drag racing should be no contest...along with the same amount of talent.

Next time ya gotta race him with one fork spring missing, no oil in your shock and your

toes touching the forks to make it fair.

:bier::mg::race:

Smoked a Montecristo double corona (Dominican) this weekend. I thought it was noteworthy. :wub::thumbsup:

D'you reckon we'll be able to get Cuban Montecristo's -- even Cohiba Habanos, now that Fidel has finally stepped down (since he seems to be rapidly approaching ambient temperature)?

I guess in due time you will be able to smoke Fidel himself... :lol:

OMG ratchet, tell me it isn't so, the dominican Monti's, Romeo's, upman, they're all part of Altidis and in my opion taste the same, too bland, no excitment, Try some of the tatuaje's or on a budget the Gurhka's shaggy's or if you've got the money really splurge on a God of Fire cigar, if you want something pretty good for a bargain price the Punch Rare Corojo's are great as are Kristoffs, CAO makes some really good smokes as well, Ashton makes some great smokes but are spendy. I'm personally boycotting Altidis BLEH! I ever make it down by San Deigo way I'll buy you a schwarzenegger worthy smoke and we'll talk shop. :rasta:

Also, I've test ridden two new HD models and I have to say for the purpose of their motorcycles I don't think they can be beat. The ergo's the fit and finish, even the power delivery is GREAT. I mean the bikes were top notch and definatly great lazy road touring bikes, I'm really smitten for the new Cross Bones and will probably get one as soon as I get my Aprilia paid off.