SMOKED A V-ROD THIS WEEKEND

Hmmm...

I don't look @ chrome on other bikes.

I look @ the chicken strips on the tires.

I don't care how someone accelerates from a stop.

I watch how they set up corners.

When my bike is totally filthy from a day, days or a week or 2

on the road...I kinda like it.

A woman on the back of a V-Rod isn't dipping much into

that huge torque but is sacking out the suspension causing

extreme shrinkage of the otherwise huge penis of a chrome polisher.

Anyone can polish chrome or or twist a throttle.

A CBR 600 can run rings around both these bikes and in

the right hands (on anything but a drag strip) even a Hyabusa.

But there's a time and place for everything.

Dont forget your doo rag.

image004.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!! ?? Yea??? Geeze ..I feel better.

I thought I might have gone over the top posting that picture.

I wasn't to pleased to see such a thing when a friend sent me that series.

Gruesome. But a good remedy to antler scraping.

Lord knows I do my share. Luckily I've lived long enough that in the bitter life long

battle between testosterone and brain cells the latter is gaining a slight edge.

:oldgit:

Guest ratchethack

I'm wit'choo, Weej.

A couple decades back, I realized that of all the wheeled projectiles that I share the road with whilst riding a moto, it's the 2-wheeled ones that present the greatest threat to Yours Truly. :glare: This observation lines up with the actuarial statistics quite well. Whether comin' at me in the opposite lane, overtaking, or being overtaken, I always give 'em a wide berth. . . :whistle:

I'm wit'choo, Weej.

A couple decades back, I realized that of all the wheeled projectiles that I share the road with whilst riding a moto, it's the 2-wheeled ones that present the greatest threat to Yours Truly. :glare: This observation lines up with the actuarial statistics quite well. Whether comin' at me in the opposite lane, overtaking, or being overtaken, I always give 'em a wide berth. . . :whistle:

Very true but where I come from cell phone gabbing 4 wheel drivers are at least as threatening.

A sterotypical Harley Rider has been mouthing off at the local bike night in Jacksonville. I had made the comment one night that I would like to see what the Lemans could do against his V-rod. :bike: He just laughed and said he didn't want to embarrase me.........This went on for a couple of months, "I can smoke you with my girlfriend on the back".......I"I have had alot of work done on this".......etc, etc. It was all in fun of course. Finally he asked me to ride down to Daytona over the weekend to make the monthy pilgrimage to "Harley Heaven", (I think it keeps their warranty valid or something)

So the guy shows up 15 minutes late with his girlfriend on the back, I'm not kidding. I was dissapointed to say the least, thinking I wouldn't get to test him.....but halfway down to St. Augustine, he pulls up next to me and invites me for a little run. I am not one to back off, so I signaled him to go and we went for it. I immediately passed him and kept the lead up until about 120 mph, when we both shut down.

Okay, so he was riding two up.........their combined weight was more like one normal size Harley Rider.........Regardless, he didn't have much to say after that.

He didn't even offer to run me by himself........ :mg:

Is this noteworthy? Has anybody run a V-Rod successfully?

Noteworthy?? Not really. I don't like V-Rods, so I'm not sticking up for it. But they were two up, which is a huge advantage for you. If he'd gone again with just him on board, he would have spanked you bad, those Porsche designed engines are strong!!

Steve

In respect to that photo - and my moderating options - did I need to do anything?

I'd previously seen the series elsewhere and they're not pleasant, this is probably one of the more palatable. The image posted is small so no detail, but big enough so you know what you're letting your self in for should you decide to enlarge. It is also in context for the post (other than no Harley and rider wearing helmet - doo rag in back pocket).

So I was happy for it to stay and not replace it with a NSFW link.

But as it's raised some other issues

I had a look for the series and the first set I found was here

there is a link to the local news web site

and from there abstract of the police report

So it appears not to be survivable or an elaborate internet hoax.

Guest ratchethack
Where did you see that? He looks comprehensively toasted to me. If there was even a vestige of hope, I would have expected the paramedics to be all over him.

My bad. DOA. :(

Okay, not particularly noteworthy since he was two up. I do have to add that the week before he had a much heavier girl with him, at least he didn't bring her....... What is noteworthy, is that he was so confident that he showed up riding two up, I, on the other hand, fue ed up with less than two gals, left the tank bag at home and wore my lucky underwear.

Some quick calculations with my known , rider total weight/hp and his estimated vehicle, rider total weight and claimed 112hp, tells me he still had a slight advantage with my weight to HP ratio being 7.4-1 and his being 7.2-1. (Obvious testimony to my riding skills)

He was a little overconfident to say the least. Probably won't be next time.

• 3 weeks later...

next time you meet him, try to keep your front wheel on the ground...... while riding to Daytona with you last week, I noticed you catching some air! heading back to the big continent today so see you next time around.

St.

I can't stand the arrogance of some bikers that their skills are beyond reproach.That their talent can get them out of any situation,gear or no gear.

I didn't know him.

But this guy had a name,

Brandon White,

He had a mother,maybe brothers and sisters,maybe children,maybe a girlfreind or wife that loved him.

RIP Brandon

070425_A11_hTwoy84735_white25.jpg