MGS01

GuzzBun

Slightly off-V11-topics, but hope you'll be interested.

My MGS01 (Akira) is being raced this season in the Thunderbike series - ridden by Gyles Fairclough who took the Top Rookie award in last year's Thunderbikes, riding a hot Guzzi Daytona. Our first session is at Snetterton on 12 & 13 April. Much work put into Akira to get him ready for the racing - had moulds made of the bodywork, and new bodywork (fairing, seat/tank unit and belly pan) produced - all in black - new footpegs and levers, Harris clipons, head protectors and the like- keeping the original parts in case of spills! The bodywork moulds are suitable for making plastic or glassfibre panels, and they can be in a variety of colours - if any MGS01 owners fancy a new set of bodywork let me know and we can produce for you.

More importantly - if you can get to Snetterton for our first weekend racing Akira I'm sure you won't be disappointed - the lineup is very powerful! If you're interested then visit www.thunderbikeuk.com - see Gyles' site at http://gyles.thesmallagency.co.uk/news/

Apologies for the advert, but I'm very excited, and hope to meet some of you at the tracks.

Robin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..., but I'm very excited

So am I!

Good luck to you, guys!

I hope that race at Croix, 14-15 juin is also a Thunderbike session.

I'll meet you there, definitely. Maybe I sent the organisation a mail, asking if I could participate this one.

BROOOOAAAAAARGH Let the Gooze rumble!

Yep my MGS-01 regulary makes it to track days I have though of alternative body work. What kind of $$$ are you looking at and is it possible to do CF replica as on the orginal body work. If you have any pics ethier post or PM me and I'll send you my E-mail address. If I ever get over east I was hoping to get a MY15 ECU from cliff but thats distance future ATM.

Yep my MGS-01 regulary makes it to track days I have though of alternative body work. What kind of $$$ are you looking at and is it possible to do CF replica as on the orginal body work. If you have any pics ethier post or PM me and I'll send you my E-mail address. If I ever get over east I was hoping to get a MY15 ECU from cliff but thats distance future ATM.

There are some good pics of him at http://www.georacebike.com/ (still not found out how to make these into hyperlinks!) - the moulds (tank/seat, fairing and belly pan) that I had made are suitable for glassfibre or carbonfibre casts - the ones in the pictures are glassfibre with black gel-coat - they've not been rubbed down or painted (you can see the mould line along the tank.

I think it looks fan-twattin-tastic in black. I had the moulds and two sets of glassfibre panels made for $4200 - so I guess that a set of panels in glassfibre would cost about$1200, but I'd have to check with my man - is that the sort of cost that interests you?

Not sure what carbonfibre would cost - presume that's what you mean by "CF replica" - the moulds are able to make them, as I said above. I will find out the cost and let you know.

Guess the shipping from UK to US would be significant though - not the weight, but the bulk. If you are interested I'm more than happy to find out and make the necessary arrangements.

Robin (one of the happiest Corsa owners!)

Mmmm the pics are so nice, Robin, that I'll at least put one of them directly here:

2.jpg

There are some good pics of him at http://www.georacebike.com/ (still not found out how to make these into hyperlinks!) - the moulds (tank/seat, fairing and belly pan) that I had made are suitable for glassfibre or carbonfibre casts - the ones in the pictures are glassfibre with black gel-coat - they've not been rubbed down or painted (you can see the mould line along the tank.

I think it looks fan-twattin-tastic in black. I had the moulds and two sets of glassfibre panels made for $4200 - so I guess that a set of panels in glassfibre would cost about$1200, but I'd have to check with my man - is that the sort of cost that interests you?

Not sure what carbonfibre would cost - presume that's what you mean by "CF replica" - the moulds are able to make them, as I said above. I will find out the cost and let you know.

Guess the shipping from UK to US would be significant though - not the weight, but the bulk. If you are interested I'm more than happy to find out and make the necessary arrangements.

Robin (one of the happiest Corsa owners!)

1200 USD? I guess thats in the ball park I'm in no hurry but I think it will be worth while. I'll be much happier if you ship it to Western Australia has anyone bothered to ask Guzzi what the geniune stuff costs? CF is usally around 1and 2/3rds to doubble the price. Logically the moulds are the expensive time consuming bit and the price is dependant on how many pannels you expect to get off the mold so obiously the MGS will be relatively low volume so they would expect them to be pricer than say a set of R1 pannels. Find out its always worth knowing.

Oh I also have found that the lap time beacon kit that integrates with the dash is a fairly common race car item that is avaliable for about half the price the Guzzi factory is asking. http://www.compsystems.com.au/index.php?op...9&Itemid=42 oz link obiously but hopefully helpful.

1200 USD? I guess thats in the ball park I'm in no hurry but I think it will be worth while. I'll be much happier if you ship it to Western Australia has anyone bothered to ask Guzzi what the geniune stuff costs? CF is usally around 1and 2/3rds to doubble the price. Logically the moulds are the expensive time consuming bit and the price is dependant on how many pannels you expect to get off the mold so obiously the MGS will be relatively low volume so they would expect them to be pricer than say a set of R1 pannels. Find out its always worth knowing.

Oh I also have found that the lap time beacon kit that integrates with the dash is a fairly common race car item that is avaliable for about half the price the Guzzi factory is asking. http://www.compsystems.com.au/index.php?op...9&Itemid=42 oz link obiously but hopefully helpful.

Haha - sorry for the mistake re location! I'll enquire the price for plastic and for CarbonFibre, and let you know.

Regards,

Robin

• 4 weeks later...
Any race report on the Snetterton round. I see Gyles did VERY well.

dk

I missed Saturday but was there on Sunday - race results were:

Sat 1 - 17th on grid, 4th under the flag

Sat 2 - front grid, first away and held to the flag

Sun 1 - front grid, first away and held to penultimate lap then dropped to 2nd under the flag - reason? - he forgot he had a 6th gear out of the final bend!!!

Sun 2 - front grid, first away and held to the flag (save for a short-lived altercation on the 7th lap!).

Gyles is a very good rider, sympathetic to the bike, but very competitive. Next race is Brands first weekend in May - be there or miss out! Said it before, elsewhere, but once again - give the right bike to the right rider and you get the right result.

Robin