MGS01

GuzzBun

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gyles
I've been asking around where that brake-problem comes from. So far, no suitable answer.

Hi JC,

I think the standard brembo pads are simply not upto the job and overheating causing the expansion and then the brake drag. We'll run Performance Friction pads at Cadwell in two weeks and see how we go there. We'll also run a heavier set of fork springs (kilo ones) so we can back off the pre-load and compression from max where they are at the minute.

:o

Here's a smile for you JC... I don't smile too much when my arms are ready to fall off after muscling the MGS around :P

post-5788-1213798464_thumb.jpg

Might be useful to Gyles or he might not be a numpty like me and have a pretty good idea what gear he is in, anyway I found out if you send the dash to your local friendly Digitec distributor he can upload the lastest version of the firmware to the dash to enable the gear indicator which is already in there. I haven't had any problems with the brakes dragging although I only ride at track days ie not in competion but have found the lever feel can be a bit incosistant at times no matter how fresh the fluid is/ system is bled up. This may be a pad issue too? Can't really comment of the fork springs but again I ride around and have fun. Have you worked out a good way to work out how much fuel is in it the black tanks suck nuts for this I now just fill it half way through the day.

please read whats on the back of the original pads. I'd like to know if they put in the same as in the RSV. The pads I got with my ohlins radial brakes were :Brembo tt2172hh 07.7855.10

Combined with the PVM disks they are awsome, with the original brembo disks much softer. I now have performance friction carbon metalic because that was in stock. They work too on the PVM but I prefered the Brembos.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gyles
please read whats on the back of the original pads. I'd like to know if they put in the same as in the RSV. The pads I got with my ohlins radial brakes were :Brembo tt2172hh 07.7855.10

Combined with the PVM disks they are awsome, with the original brembo disks much softer. I now have performance friction carbon metalic because that was in stock. They work too on the PVM but I prefered the Brembos.

Hello Paul,

Sorry this has taken me ages - I haven't been on the forum much of late.

The brembo pads I have taken out are exactly the same as the ones you quote tt2172hh 07.7855.10.

I agree the pads are very good, but we suffered very bad brake fade in france and cadwell. the performance friction ones to me felt just as good as the brembos but they almost eliminated the fade. these were 7537.05.08.94.

JC - sorry mate, know you sent me a mail back some time ago - I will hunt it out and reply to you. Sorry for the delay !!!

Cheers,

Gyles

Guest gyles
I've noticed, Gyles managed to win two races last WE.

Yes mate, two wins a fourth and a..... erm, er.... crash. doh !

the fourth was because i was late for the start of the race and had to start from the back of the bloody grid.

i crashed in race four (wet) due to a guy going down right in front of me... it was either crash myself (head off the track) or ride over him.

a shame because i felt really good and the first lap felt very comfortable to me. ah well, that is racing i guess.

here are a few pics:

post-5788-1216050944_thumb.jpg