MGS01

GuzzBun

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gyles

We also had a good weekend at cadwell and managed 2 4ths, a 3rd and a 5th.

I got disqualified on Saturday though bcos the Guzzi breached the power:weight producing 122hp on the dyno (in a detuned state !!!!). So Saturday night we added ballast to get within regs. I started at the back and finished 5th and got into the 1:40s.

There is a good u-tube clip of on-bike cadwell footage to give folks an idea of the circuit who don't know it.

Its a brute of a circuit - superb !!

There is some on bike footage here from Mike Edwards... 3rd link down I think..

http://www.mike-edwards-video.blogspot.com/

Yes mate, two wins a fourth and a..... erm, er.... crash. doh !

the fourth was because i was late for the start of the race and had to start from the back of the bloody grid.

i crashed in race four (wet) due to a guy going down right in front of me... it was either crash myself (head off the track) or ride over him.

a shame because i felt really good and the first lap felt very comfortable to me. ah well, that is racing i guess.

here are a few pics:

Glad to hear that you're ok. Was there much damage to the bike?

Guest gyles
Glad to hear that you're ok. Was there much damage to the bike?

Bike and rider fine mate ta...

We went down on the grass - It was either smack into a tyre wall and damage the front end or drop it on the grass at speed. The only damage was a broken footpeg bracket and brake lever (foot). Most circuits have lovely soft grass - Snetterton is patchy grass, thin soil and loads of flint so it was actually more painfull to crash on the grass than on the track (for me anyway :D )

Guest gyles
Are you racing at any more rounds this year Gyles?

It is about time I got off my arse and supported you! Have not had a chance this year- been too busy riding.

Guy :helmet:

Hey Guy... won't be back out until September now and that'll be Snett so not ideal for you.

Simon will be riding the MGS!! at Cadwell 2nd/3rd August though if you want to see it out there !

Cheers mate,

G

Hey Guy... won't be back out until September now and that'll be Snett so not ideal for you.

Simon will be riding the MGS!! at Cadwell 2nd/3rd August though if you want to see it out there !

Cheers mate,

G

Can't make August but I may be able to get to Snett! :race: